PDA

View Full Version : Prepped for Wednesday OTA start

Denver Native (Carol)
05-26-2015, 07:08 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – After months of workouts and training, the Denver Broncos will don helmets for the first time in the offseason and return to the practice field for the start of its organized team activities on Wednesday.

Phase three of the Broncos’ offseason schedule OTAs will run until Friday, May 29. The team will then break for the weekend and return to Dove Valley for Monday and Tuesday training.

The first session of OTAs marks the first time the Broncos defense and offense will line up in head-to-head drills under the instruction of first-year head coach Gary Kubiak. In addition to a collection of new coaches, Denver will also usher in its 2015 draft class led by first-round pick Shane Ray. Wednesday’s practice is set to be Ray’s first outing as a Bronco after suffering a foot injury in his collegiate finale.

rest - plus media schedule - & photo gallery
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Prepped-for-Wednesday-OTA-start/8b9f981d-7360-4458-8a47-9e3800b7a8c2

Denver Native (Carol)
05-26-2015, 07:14 PM
Broncos players, coaches and executives hit the links south of Denver on Tuesday for a team-bonding golf outing that's become an annual tradition.

The Broncos' 2015 OTAs begin Wednesday, and there will be plenty of serious work done over the subsequent three days of practices at the team's Dove Valley headquarters.

Before that, though, players, coaches and executives hit the links south of Denver on Tuesday for a team-bonding golf outing that's become an annual tradition.

A quick social media look back at the day:

rest - pictures, videos
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Socially-Speaking-Team-golf-outing/be5ba1f1-a55c-40d9-819a-fea4a7945aa6

Denver Native (Carol)
05-26-2015, 08:31 PM
Education turns to application Wednesday. The NFL turns the offseason into an alphabet soup of workouts and meetings. But Wednesday the Broncos will hold their first organized team activity, or OTA. When they line up against each other in helmets — no pads are permitted — the questions will begin on the ETA for the comfort level in coach Gary Kubiak's new blended offense and defensive boss Wade Phillips' 3-4 scheme.

When the Broncos hired Kubiak in January, skepticism began that Peyton Manning would struggle to adjust to a revised system. He finished last season in a slump, delivering 11 touchdown passes and eight interceptions over the final eight games. He never appeared comfortable under center and lacked confidence in deep throws.

Manning responded with vigor this offseason. His strained left quadriceps healthy and mind uncluttered, Manning embraced the challenge of learning the new language and plays in the Broncos' playbook, which includes a zone-blocking run game and roll-out passes (though none to receiver Demaryius Thomas, who is not expected to attend until training camp as he seeks a long-term contract).

"(Manning) will come up with a page of questions, and ask, 'What's this? Why are we doing that? What is the footwork here?' " offensive coordinator Rick Dennison said. "He's not debating points. He just wants information. It's great give-and-take. I will then ask about why they ran a certain play and what he would like to do in certain situations."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28193689/denver-broncos-organized-team-activity-puts-education-practice

iLands
05-27-2015, 01:10 PM
When do the public events begin?

One of my favorite things about this board is reading insight from people who are able to attend.

underrated29
05-27-2015, 02:09 PM
When do the public events begin?

One of my favorite things about this board is reading insight from people who are able to attend.

Training camp is believe is what you are talking about. That will not occur until the last 2 weeks or so of july.

VonDoom
05-27-2015, 02:36 PM
Lammey on our RB's at OTA's:

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 9m9 minutes ago

Adam Gase would not be calling Anderson chubby this year, dude is rocked up, still has powerful lower body PERFECT fit for ZBS #Broncos

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 8m8 minutes ago

Hillman looked odd in the ZBS, his dancing style does not fit, he needs to be more decisive as a runner w/better patience #Broncos

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 7m7 minutes ago

Juwan Thompson showed well today, gliding style with power at the point of attack, he sees the field well and is decisive #Broncos

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 6m6 minutes ago

Ball looked good when the holes were huge, I still question his decisiveness as a runner, looked more agile today #Broncos

BroncoJoe
05-27-2015, 02:47 PM
I know a lot of people don't like Cecil, but those observations are 100% in line with my thoughts going into the season.

VonDoom
05-27-2015, 02:59 PM

Second to Clady, I feel Ty Sambrailo was the 2nd fastest OL off the ball today #Broncos looked smooth and laterally agile up front

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 7m7 minutes ago

Sambrailo certainly changed his physique from the Senior Bowl earlier this yr, gone is the bad weight, added is good weight/muscle #Broncos

VonDoom
05-27-2015, 03:01 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3m3 minutes ago

Peyton Manning worked exclusively under center during OTA practice Wednesday. By design. Gary Kubiak said Manning has shotgun down

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 37s37 seconds ago

good to see Jordan Norwood back out there for the #Broncos - he was going to make the team last yr b4 camp knee injury, could do it this yr

underrated29
05-27-2015, 03:11 PM
I know a lot of people don't like Cecil, but those observations are 100% in line with my thoughts going into the season.

I love reading this stuff but he tends to fall in love with guys and dislike others. His reports always reflect that. He is not bias imo.

That said, I think we all thought this....Hillman was going to be a terrible fit. CJ, Juwann and Ball are all going to be excellent fits. I think Kapri Bibbs is going to work real well in this scheme too. I was watching a pre-season game of ours against the 9ers and bibbs reminds me of Steve Slaton from the texans who was really good.

VonDoom
05-27-2015, 03:13 PM
Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 10m10 minutes ago

Norwood did good job of looking in throws, good hand strength to snatch passes out of the air #Broncos his concentration always has been A+

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 9m9 minutes ago

Ty Sambrailo note: dude has a powerful hand punch in drills. His ferocity is on Vasquez levels, nasty attitude a welcome sight #Broncos

If Ty Sambrailo is not the starting right tackle for the #Broncos in Week 1 of the regular season, I will be shocked

BroncoJoe
05-27-2015, 03:15 PM
I love reading this stuff but he tends to fall in love with guys and dislike others. His reports always reflect that. He is not bias imo.

That said, I think we all thought this....Hillman was going to be a terrible fit. CJ, Juwann and Ball are all going to be excellent fits. I think Kapri Bibbs is going to work real well in this scheme too. I was watching a pre-season game of ours against the 9ers and bibbs reminds me of Steve Slaton from the texans who was really good.

I'd agree his support of a player is typically the kiss of death for that guy...

VonDoom
05-27-2015, 03:17 PM
I'd agree his support of a player is typically the kiss of death for that guy...

Well, that's it for Sambrailo, in that case.

VonDoom
05-27-2015, 03:18 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 4m4 minutes ago

Different vibe during Broncos OTA. New coaches, practice organized differently. More noise. "It's a loud team. In a good way" Kubiak said.

underrated29
05-27-2015, 03:19 PM

lol was thinking the same thing. I do like Sambrailo though so I think he will be fine. Sambrailo has quick feet and a pissed off attitude from my scouting of him. I havent finished yet, he just lacks strength and technique. I cant wait to see him go against VOn and Ware and Ray.....Thatll chap his ass or build him up real quick.

BroncoWave
05-27-2015, 03:19 PM
Good to see that Norwood is back to full strength. He could be the answer to our returner issues, as he was killing it there during camp last year before he went down.

VonDoom
05-27-2015, 03:22 PM
Good to see that Norwood is back to full strength. He could be the answer to our returner issues, as he was killing it there during camp last year before he went down.

Yeah, I have to assume that unless he's inexplicably terrible, he's going to make the roster and be given the chance to be the return man.

BroncoJoe
05-27-2015, 03:27 PM

Yeah, that was kind of my point! :)

Valar Morghulis
05-27-2015, 04:36 PM
Glad he looks good. Now we just need a centre and a left guard - and then we are set.

Champ Bailey?

spikerman
05-27-2015, 05:24 PM
Glad he looks good. Now we just need a centre and a left guard

"Centre"? You're so British.

underrated29
05-27-2015, 05:50 PM
"Centre"? You're so British.

We should really kick him in the balls for that

Valar Morghulis
05-27-2015, 10:57 PM
Post reported. Racism.

Ziggy
05-28-2015, 02:26 AM

I'm not a big Lammey fan. He's proven over and over again to be a false self-proclaimed insider of the Broncos. I will give him credit for pointing out star potential in Julius Thomas before anyone else saw it though.

Buff
05-28-2015, 10:42 AM
I'm not a big Lammey fan. He's proven over and over again to be a false self-proclaimed insider of the Broncos. I will give him credit for pointing out star potential in Julius Thomas before anyone else saw it though.

I don't mind Lammey if you take him with a grain of salt and understand that he has about as much inside information as any random fan but still likes to pretend he's an insider.

But it is funny how a lot of the other guys on 102.3 openly mock him and his delusions of grandeur thinking that he is this plugged in NFL scout and kind of a big deal.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-28-2015, 11:27 AM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 33m

.@BMarshh54 targets camp return from foot injury. Lifting now; expects to begin running soon. http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Brandon-Marshall-on-the-road-back/666b5ccb-c5

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 12h

Fine. Good zip. Completed passes short, medium & long. RT @adriany88 how (did) Peyton's arm look today?

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 17h

More than you wanted to know about the @Broncos' 1st OTA: 2149 words of notes & observations: http://dbron.co/6se

VonDoom
05-30-2015, 08:18 AM
I don't think I saw this mentioned, but MHR says that CJ and Ball split first team reps at RB. Probably just motivation, as I can't see Ball displacing Anderson at this point:

http://www.milehighreport.com/horse_tracks/2015/5/30/8690999/horse-tracks-c-j-anderson-and-montee-ball-are-splitting-first-team