PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Peyton Manning on David Letterman's final 'Late Show'

Denver Native (Carol)
05-20-2015, 05:12 PM
The lineup of guests set to appear on David Letterman's final "Late Show" episode, which was being taped Wednesday afternoon at the Ed Sullivan Theater in New York, has started to leak out.

One name on that list: Peyton Manning.

The Broncos quarterback, who has appeared on Letterman's show multiple times over the years, is in New York and will be among the many paying their respects to the longtime late-night host.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28156243/broncos-peyton-manning-david-lettermans-final-late-show

DenBronx
05-20-2015, 08:28 PM
That will be the ONE time I watch Letterman. Thank God he's going to be done after that.

SR
05-20-2015, 08:30 PM
That will be the ONE time I watch Letterman. Thank God he's going to be done after that.

Is it tonight?

Denver Native (Carol)
05-20-2015, 09:12 PM
Is it tonight?

yes

Bronco4ever
05-21-2015, 12:26 AM
Episode was kind of meh. If you were a devout Letterman watcher it was probably amazing. The old Taco Bell bit was great. But holy crap, Letterman loves him some Peyton Manning! He seemed in awe just being in his presence.

DenBronx
05-21-2015, 12:41 AM
Isnt everyone? Mannings a cool ass dude and just keeps it real, without the cheating.

VonDoom
05-21-2015, 12:23 PM
Manning wrote a very nice tribute to Letterman that was posted on MMQB today. As always, Manning is a class act. Interesting story as it pertains to Andrew Luck:

It’s funny, but my favorite memory of Dave—and what I think says so much about him as a person—didn’t come from one of my appearances on the show. (I was on four times as a guest, and then again on Wednesday’s finale.) It came soon after I signed with the Broncos—actually, on the day before the draft in 2012, when the Colts were sitting there with the first pick.

That day, I was working out at the Broncos’ facility, trying to get used to my new world and learn Denver’s offense. I got word that Dave was trying to reach me, and so I get on the phone with him. He explains that they’re going to have Andrew Luck on the show, and what they want to do is present him with his new Colts jersey, like they’d be the ones telling him he was a Colt.

He said to me, “I don’t want to do it if it makes you uncomfortable at all.”

I said, “Dave, it doesn’t matter what I think. You do what you feel is best for the show.”

Really, I didn’t care. Whatever Dave wanted to do was fine, but he said, “That’s it! We’re not doing it. Forget it. It’s done.”

That meant so much to me. I didn’t give him an answer. It wasn’t my place to say anything. But the fact that he made that call, I can tell you this: If that were any other show, they sure wouldn’t have called to ask what I thought.

Also, anyone see this as a subtle shot at Brady here? I'm sure it's not but I laughed anyway:

Being a high school and college player for eight years, then an NFL player for 18 years, I really appreciated Dave spending the time to thank all the people who worked on the show behind the scenes. The writers, all the people on the set, the makeup people, everybody. It’s just like in the NFL, where your equipment guys and your trainers and so many people are crucial to your success.

The rest: http://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/21/nfl-peyton-manning-david-letterman-top-10-list-late-show-finale-cbs/

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-22-2015, 09:12 PM
Manning really is a class act.

No, I don't think that comment had anything to do with Brady. I don't think Manning would do that.

Valar Morghulis
05-23-2015, 02:15 AM
Manning really is a class act.

No, I don't think that comment had anything to do with Brady. I don't think Manning would do that.

Agreed, the pair are good friends, and I believe manning had probably does something similar (although would have dealt with it with much more class if he got caught!)