PDA

View Full Version : Kapri Bibbs and Shaquil Barrett Expect a Breakout Season

Ziggy
05-18-2015, 02:23 PM
ENGLEWOOD – Kapri Bibbs and Shaquil Barrett spent a combined six weeks on the Denver Broncos active roster last season. They never saw the field.

For their contributions, the rookie duo out of CSU was awarded three-year contracts that offer zero job security. As undrafted free agents, if the Broncos want fresh meat on their practice squad, they can cut whomever they need. That's life for low-profile NFL players. The pay checks will clear if you continue to out-perform at least one player in your position group. The moment you don't is the moment you become irrelevant.

Bibbs, a running back, and Barrett, an outside linebacker, were never on the verge of being released last season with all of the injuries Denver endured at their positions. But 2014-15 is behind them. So is another draft class and batch of college free agents. They're not the shiny new toys the Broncos acquired for next-to-nothing anymore.

"Honestly, I only watched the first round of the draft because I think the first round is fun," Bibbs said. "Other than that, I really didn't pay attention. I didn't care about the other stuff. I can only control what I can control, and that's how I play. I really didn't care who they drafted."

Added Bibbs: "I definitely think that this is the year that I get my shot. I hope they give me my shot, because that's all you can really ask for as a player. I know that when that happens, I'll do my best and nothing but good things will happen. ... Last year, I kind of marked it off as my redshirt year, kind of like I was in college. I've been here for a year, I've gotten to know my running backs coach (Eric Studesville), I know what he expects out of me."

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2015/05/17/denver-broncos-bibbs-barrett/27514435/

underrated29
05-18-2015, 04:16 PM
I like bibbs.

I was just thinking this morning about Shaq Barrett while I was eating breakfast and watching the NFL replay of the 9ers game last year. I hope he transitions well to the 34. I am not sure how he will do but I am pulling for him. I liked him last year, maybe the big guy can hold down a spot. I like him more than barrow, but neither has shown much either.

SR
05-18-2015, 04:32 PM
Bibbs won't crack the 53 man roster.

underrated29
05-18-2015, 04:33 PM
Bibbs won't crack the 53 man roster.

His only hope is for hillman to be traded or IR

SR
05-18-2015, 04:53 PM
His only hope is for hillman to be traded or IR

Even then. Where's Jeremy Stewart? Plus CJ and Juwan. I don't see Bibbs making it.

turftoad
05-18-2015, 05:27 PM
Even then. Where's Jeremy Stewart? Plus CJ and Juwan. I don't see Bibbs making it.

Maybe the Practice Squad again.

underrated29
05-18-2015, 05:52 PM

I agree he doesnt make it but it no hillman:

Cj
Ball
Juwann
bibbs

Stewart likely does not make the roster, is he even on it now? I think he was more a veteran presence and reliable pass blocker which we wanted/needed.

Dzone
05-18-2015, 07:39 PM
Hillman is not durable enough. I give him 6 games max before he tears a vagina and is gone for the season. Bibbs is average at best, but better than Hillman in the long run.

SR
05-18-2015, 07:43 PM
Hillman is not durable enough. I give him 6 games max before he tears a vagina and is gone for the season. Bibbs is average at best, but better than Hillman in the long run.

Bibbs won't make it over CJ, Ball, or Thompson. And while Hillman isn't durable he knows the offense and poses a threat catching balls in the flat and is, like it or not, the best change of pace option this team has. So those four make the roster plus a FB.

BroncoWave
05-18-2015, 09:04 PM
Bibbs won't make it over CJ, Ball, or Thompson. And while Hillman isn't durable he knows the offense and poses a threat catching balls in the flat and is, like it or not, the best change of pace option this team has. So those four make the roster plus a FB.

Agreed. No way Hillman gets cut IMO. Especially given the different dynamic he brings compared to what you get from Ball, CJ, and Thompson.

Ziggy
05-19-2015, 01:53 AM
On the college film, I think Bibbs is the most talented pure runner on this team. With a new coaching staff, I think he has a great shot to make it. Kubiak and Dennison have no allegiance to any player on this team outside of this class of free agents and draftees. I think that every back has a clean slate with CJ coming in as the starter. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bibbs come out of camp as the #1 or 2 back.

SR
05-19-2015, 08:22 AM
On the college film, I think Bibbs is the most talented pure runner on this team. With a new coaching staff, I think he has a great shot to make it. Kubiak and Dennison have no allegiance to any player on this team outside of this class of free agents and draftees. I think that every back has a clean slate with CJ coming in as the starter. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bibbs come out of camp as the #1 or 2 back.

But if he can't read defenses or pass protect then he's worthless in the pro game.

Rick
05-19-2015, 08:28 AM
Bibbs may or may not make the roster, hard saying, but there is little chance anyone, including Ball, unseats CJ as #1.

Simple Jaded
05-19-2015, 08:35 PM
I wish the Broncos had a hardon for a better University. (Except Rashard Higgins).