PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels focused on Cleveland game plan

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2009, 08:23 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13358601

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels went into today's practice with a near-complete vision of what will take place offensively in Sunday's home opener against Cleveland. The game plan doesn't point to individuals, but rather a system that could lead to any skill player having a big day.

"We have some things that we have to put in on Friday, but most - I'd say 75 percent, 80, 85 percent - is done," McDaniels said at his news conference today. "The guys have seen it, heard it. Hopefully we'll go out and have a good practice today."

McDaniels would like wide receivers Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal and rookie running back Knowshon Moreno to get more touches Sunday. They combined for only 64 yards in Week 1 at Cincinnati, but the coach says there will be no urgency to get them more involved.

"I really don't buy into forcing the ball. I think you get into problems. I think that creates turnovers," McDaniels said. "Defenses would love that, if you forced the ball to one guy 10-12 times every game. They're double-teaming him and you're still throwing it to him. Or you're stacking the line of scrimmage on defense and we're still running it.

"I don't think you can play good football consistently trying to do it that way."

McDaniels had four running backs take handoffs and quarterback Kyle Orton connected with eight receivers last week.

"You go into the game with a lot of different skill players that can touch the ball," McDaniels said. "Sometimes more are going to touch it than others . . . We're just going to see how it goes. But all of our guys are ready to go, ready to play."

T.K.O.
09-17-2009, 08:34 PM
makes sense to me.....