PDA

View Full Version : Broncos add four players to roster

Denver Native (Carol)
05-12-2015, 06:14 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos on Tuesday were awarded tight end Marcel Jensen (Jacksonville) and wide receiver Solomon Patton (Tampa Bay) off waivers, it was announced.

Also on Tuesday, the Broncos signed guard Andre Davis and wide receiver David Porter as college free agents.

Jensen (6-6, 270 pounds) is a second-year player who appeared in one game for the Jaguars as a rookie in 2014 in addition to spending time on the club’s practice squad. He entered the NFL with Jacksonville as a college free agent after starting 18-of-38 career games at Fresno State University and totaling 48 receptions for 708 yards (14.8 avg.) with eight touchdowns.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-add-four-players-to-roster/e64fbe43-4877-48a1-a61c-a6fc3a5777d2

FanInAZ
05-12-2015, 07:58 PM
I thought we only had 1 roster spot still open :confused: I guess deflategate has me distracted.

Rick
05-12-2015, 08:25 PM
One to IR and cut 2.

TXBRONC
05-13-2015, 07:36 AM
I thought we only had 1 roster spot still open :confused: I guess deflategate has me distracted.

Or your memory has been deflated.

Dzone
05-13-2015, 08:05 AM
I will crack up if Manning turns this Marcel jensen guy into an all pro just like he did orange julius

CoachChaz
05-13-2015, 10:41 AM
I will crack up if Manning turns this Marcel jensen guy into an all pro just like he did orange julius

It's possible. The kid basically has the same background and raw skills. There are a lot of these "basketball player turned tight end" players out there, and if they are coached properly, many of them could thrive in the current NFL. Gates, Graham and Thomas are not anomalies and it surprises me that more teams dont take chances on these kids.

That all being said...I wouldnt start holding my breath.

Traveler
05-13-2015, 11:27 AM

Makes it more interesting to see what type of year JT has in J'Ville. We should know for sure if he's a product of Manning and the offense scheme.

CoachChaz
05-13-2015, 11:59 AM
Makes it more interesting to see what type of year JT has in J'Ville. We should know for sure if he's a product of Manning and the offense scheme.

In his defense, it's not completely fair to compare route running in a Manning offense to that of a Bortles offense. Especially when you are now the #1 receiving option compared to the 3rd or 4th.