PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Rick Dennison called to coach

Denver Native (Carol)
05-11-2015, 10:28 AM
Dennison builds remarkable résumé

The phone rang. It was Gary Kubiak.

"You ought to apply for a job here," Kubiak told good friend Rick Dennison. "It fits you."

The year was 1995. Kubiak had joined the Broncos' coaching staff as Mike Shanahan's offensive coordinator. A vacancy remained for an offensive quality control coach. It's a job that covers "anything no one else wants to do," Dennison said, smiling last week at the team's Dove Valley headquarters.

AND

Outside the Dove Valley headquarters, the perception exists that Kubiak will run the Broncos' offense. Inside the building, the reality offers a more detailed picture of an invaluable partnership. Dennison serves as Kubiak's football brother and eyes in the sky. Kubiak tells Dennison the final answer he desires. Dennison then creates the equation, filling in the variables. Dennison will sit in the press box on game days, providing a give-and-take through the headset to Kubiak.

" I can see quite a bit from there. It allows me to spread out, write my notes," Dennison said. "We jump back and forth. We are on the same page."

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28085929/broncos-rick-dennison-called-coach

Ziggy
05-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Dennison is the swiss army knife of coaches. Sounds like he knows how to coach up the young guys as well. I'm excited about the new staff. Not only will our young guys get a chance, they'll actually be taught to get better, be put in better positions to succeed, and be developed. Can't wait to watch this team evolve.

Shazam!
05-11-2015, 08:43 PM
I love him and glad he's back.

Simple Jaded
05-11-2015, 09:41 PM
Rico makes me feel better about Barone.