PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak and new guys at rookie minicamp

VonDoom
05-08-2015, 01:49 PM
After the first rookie practice. Shane Ray did not practice due to his toe and will return to Missouri on Sunday for a final. Our coach says:

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak said Shane Ray can but will not workout because of his toe injury this weekend. Will be back once he returns from Missouri.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Kubiak: "We knew from the beginning that we were going to use this weekend for an evaluation process (with Shane Ray)."

QB Trevor Siemian threw some today; he did individual and 7-on-7 work today & that will continue through OTAs; full work at training camp.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 34s34 seconds ago

Kubiak showed rookies video on T. Davis, told story of Arian Foster. "There ill be a story come out of this camp, somebody will jump out."

VonDoom
05-08-2015, 01:53 PM
Shane Ray:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Shane Ray said that getting No. 56 took "a little bit of negotiating" with Shaq Barrett. "A couple of rookie things," Ray said.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Shane Ray: "It's a dream to finally be part of an NFL club."

Shane Ray: "I understand it's part of the process for me to be 100 percent. ... It's just something they have to be smart with."

Shane Ray says he feels like his toe "is getting better every week."

Shane Ray says his recovery from the toe injury involves rest, some hot/cold tub time, and orthotics.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago

Shane Ray: "It's really not hard for me to stay out of trouble. The incident I had, I moved past that."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 28s29 seconds ago

Shane Ray on playing OLB here: "I don't think it'll be a big adjustment. ... It's more so learning the system, learning the plays."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago

Shane Ray on weed jokes: "I've seen them. It really doesn't faze me. It'd be one thing if I had a serious issue with marijuana, but i dont."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 28s29 seconds ago

"Things happen for a reason, and me being here gave me a great opportunity." -@X_RAYted56

underrated29
05-08-2015, 01:54 PM
I have to say I am super pumped about Kubes being our coach. When we fired mcdouche I was meh on the options and I did not want fox. But he did good so I will give him that. However, after he was let go and we did not land Rex Ryan and a few others I was also meh on Kubes. Now, after hearing the things about kubiak, how he is working with the team, inspiring them, how he has handled the draft, FA, and his plans for this team and the offense.....I feel really good about him. Great!! I am already very certain he will be my favorite coach since shanny. I have this feeling he may be as good and successful for us as shanny too.

keep up the updates Vondoom! Perhaps a name change to RayVon me be in order.

VonDoom
05-08-2015, 01:59 PM
Max Garcia:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 4m4 minutes ago

Max Garcia, on his first day: "I definitely have a lot of work to do ... it was good, I got some good work in today."

Max Garcia says "right now, the game plan is to learn guard; as I learn the offense & get more comfortable, transition over to center."

Max Garcia got a text from Peyton after draft. "I just looked down at my phone for a while, like, 'Wow, I just got a text from Peyton.'"

Max Garcia said the "tempo" of practice was what jumped out to him. Said he hasn't practiced like that since sophomore year at Maryland.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

Max Garcia also talked about the adjustment to the elevation. "I'm not sure which one's worse: humidity (in Florida) or [thin air]."

VonDoom
05-08-2015, 02:03 PM

Let's see him play first. :D

I could stand for a name update one of these days but I feel like I'm known by this one now.

VonDoom
05-08-2015, 02:07 PM
Ty Sambrailo:

Sambrailo said he's "kind of playing wherever" on the OL this weekend because there are only 7 OLs for rookie minicamp.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

#broncos "putting the jersey on, the helmet on. It was extremely real" Ty Sambrailo said

Sambrailo said a lot of what the Broncos ask of OLs is similar to what was asked at CSU, just some different terminology.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 40s40 seconds ago

Peyton came up to @TySambo51 in Broncos' cafeteria yesterday to say hi. "That's a future Hall of Famer. ... Heard he appreciates O-linemen."

VonDoom
05-08-2015, 02:09 PM
Jeff Heuerman:

.@JHeuerman86 said he hasn't been held back at all because of his ankle. "I'm good."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 2m2 minutes ago

"Nice to finally run around and play football." - @JHeuerman86

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

Jeff Heuerman, on the difference between past offenses he's known and this one: "I've never been in a huddle before, getting a huddle call."

Northman
05-08-2015, 02:18 PM
I have to say I am super pumped about Kubes being our coach. When we fired mcdouche I was meh on the options and I did not want fox. But he did good so I will give him that. However, after he was let go and we did not land Rex Ryan and a few others I was also meh on Kubes. Now, after hearing the things about kubiak, how he is working with the team, inspiring them, how he has handled the draft, FA, and his plans for this team and the offense.....I feel really good about him. Great!! I am already very certain he will be my favorite coach since shanny. I have this feeling he may be as good and successful for us as shanny too.

All good things comes to those who wait.

BroncoJoe
05-08-2015, 02:42 PM

Rex Ryan?

Dear God, man.

BroncoWave
05-08-2015, 02:46 PM
Rex Ryan?

Dear God, man.

I don't get why everyone shits on Rex Ryan. He coached MARK SANCHEZ led teams to two AFC title games. That takes brilliant coaching to do IMO. He was given some pretty horrible rosters in NY. I think he is a really, really good head coach.

BroncoJoe
05-08-2015, 02:50 PM
I don't get why everyone shits on Rex Ryan. He coached MARK SANCHEZ led teams to two AFC title games. That takes brilliant coaching to do IMO. He was given some pretty horrible rosters in NY. I think he is a really, really good head coach.

I think he's OK, but he's not right for Denver.

G_Money
05-08-2015, 04:54 PM
Poor Dante Fowler. As much as the months-long toe injury gives me pause with Ray... blowing out your ACL in the first hours of your time with your new team suuuuux.

Somebody's breaking out the voodoo doll already in Jags' camp.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-09-2015, 10:44 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Around the Denver Broncos’ facility, the video clip is the stuff of football legend.

And Gary Kubiak, in his first season as Broncos coach, broke out a short Terrell Davis montage Friday morning to introduce the team’s rookies, undrafted signees and tryout players for this weekend’s rookie minicamp to the various paths leading to a roster spot.

“I told them ‘there’s going to be a story come out of this room,’ somebody’s going to jump up and become a player maybe not many people know about," Kubiak said. “I actually told them a little about [Davis] this morning, told them how he got going, told them the story of Arian Foster being a free agent with me."

Kubiak’s presentation included the cherished video nugget from the summer of 1995, the same one former Broncos coach Mike Shanahan would often remember with some fondness. In a preseason game in Tokyo that year, Davis went from a maybe for the team’s decision-makers to a keeper. The Broncos Ring of Famer blasted San Francisco 49ers kickoff returner Tyronne Drakeford, knocking Drakeford three yards back before planting him on the turf.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/13163/gary-kubiak-shows-broncos-rookies-how-terrell-davis-made-it

Denver Native (Carol)
05-09-2015, 02:09 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo—The Denver Broncos 2015 class of rookies all coalesced on Dove Valley yesterday for their first taste of professional football—the Mile High kind. Rookie mini-camp is in full effect, as is the spirit of competition, an ethos that has driven each player their entire lives.

Head coach Gary Kubiak understands the Bronco way. He was drafted by the Broncos in 1983 as a quarterback, playing for almost a decade, and went on to be an offensive assistant for their back-to-back Super Bowl championships of the 1997 and 1998 seasons. That common ground and shared history is what drew John Elway to tap Kubiak as the new head man in Denver. Yesterday, "Kubes" revealed what his message to the rookies was.

rest - http://den.scout.com/story/1545219-broncos-rookies-excited-to-compete-in-camp