PDA

View Full Version : Defensive linemen presser 5/6/15

VonDoom
05-06-2015, 01:10 PM
They talked to the big boys today.

Edit: if you don't want to read all the Twitter stuff below, the biggest take I got out of this is that everyone LOVES Bill Kollar.

Derek Wolfe:

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 5m5 minutes ago

Derek Wolfe: "My footwork and my movement, my quickness is starting to comeback. ... Going a whole year not carrying that weigh will get ya"

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 5m5 minutes ago

Derek Wolfe: "I thought I was going to end up in a 3-4 (in 2012) .... It's nice to be at my natural position."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 5m5 minutes ago

Derek Wolfe on why 3-4 fits him better: "I think the length and the size combination. ... I'm kind of a 'tweener.'"

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 4m4 minutes ago

Derek Wolfe says that new DL coach Bill Kollar is his kind of coach: "He has a lot of fire ... he makes you hustle."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 4m4 minutes ago

Derek Wolfe on his recovery: "I really thought I was going to bounce back a lot quicker than I did."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

Wolfe said a year removed from seizure episode.. that he "is moving so much better. Not having to think about it anymore."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

Derek Wolfe on losing Terrance Knighton: "It's a business, man. ... We'll make do with what we got."

VonDoom
05-06-2015, 01:14 PM
Sylvester Williams:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 5m5 minutes ago

Sylvester Williams says he's been working all over the D-Line, at both nose and the end spots.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Sylvester Williams: "Everybody (on the DL) knows all three positions."

.@Sylwil92 on Bill Kollar: "Oh man, he's a great guy. I'm excited to play for him. ... He's going to make us a lot better."

.@Sylwil92 said he's been trying to eat healthier, trim his body fat. Does have a "cheat day" each week. "I got to Ruth Chris"

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

Sly Williams said eating protein and greens 6 days a week.Not going as healthy as Von Miller "He's got different diet that's giving him gas"

I probably didn't need to know that last part ...

Denver Native (Carol)
05-06-2015, 01:16 PM
BTV Live: Williams, Jackson, Wolfe
Williams is talking - watch at http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-Live-Williams-Jackson-Wolfe/888266fa-e046-4c88-9c2e-fd7ac4a5408f

VonDoom
05-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Malik Jackson:

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Malik Jackson on switch to 3-4: "Bill Kollar just got us moving better and doing the right thing."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Malik Jackson says new DL coach Bill Kollar "is going to get you working...you've got to have a great work ethic" or you won't play for him.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 29s30 seconds ago

Malik Jackson says new DE Antonio Smith "wants to teach us all he knows."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 25s25 seconds ago

Malik Jackson says he expects more players pass-rushing off the edge, but doesn't necessarily see more blitzing in the plans.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 28s28 seconds ago

Malik Jackson: "(It's a big year for me. It's a contract year. If I told you that that wasn't in the back of my mind, I'd be lying."

Denver Native (Carol)
05-06-2015, 09:33 PM
Wolfe's quickness is 'starting to come back'

Derek Wolfe updates his physical condition and talks about the new coaching staff.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Wolfes-quickness-is-starting-to-come-back/b1b2c4e5-6906-4a6f-aee5-95a6256296a4

Williams outlines goals for 2015

Defensive tackle Sylvester Williams talks about his role in the Broncos new defense and what he hopes to accomplish next season.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Williams_outlines_goals_for_2015/c934a1b4-33f9-4c21-8cbf-4b0ba8f64e7a

Jackson talks 3-4 scheme, drafting of Ray

Defensive end Malik Jackson meets the media on Wednesday to discuss his offseason, learning the 3-4 defense and the drafting of Shane Ray.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Jackson_talks_34_scheme_drafting_of_Ray/32e4bf78-b4bd-4387-b26c-e458b2e2581d

Denver Native (Carol)
05-06-2015, 09:42 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- With a new coordinator, a new position coach, a new scheme and new roles, little is is the same for the Broncos' defensive line.

But despite learning Wade Phillips' 3-4 scheme and absorbing teachings from long-time defensive-line guru Bill Kollar, the adjustment isn't as comprehensive as one might expect.

"Last year we played a two-gap scheme. This year we're more of a penetrating defense," noted Sylvester Williams, who downplayed the schematic changes.

"Really, it's all the same," said. "You've got to go out there and play football. It's pretty much all the same, really, just different terminology."

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-D-linemen-adjust-to-new-roles-on-3-4-line/5dbdb043-ff70-4d24-9006-f067de5254a5

Denver Native (Carol)
05-06-2015, 09:46 PM
Lindsay Jones @bylindsayhjones · 9h

And Sly Williams wins the press conference by saying whatever Von Miller's new diet is gives "[Von] gas."