PDA

View Full Version : Max Garcia- Denver Broncos 2015 4th Round Draft Pick

Ziggy
05-03-2015, 01:44 AM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/213/files/2014/09/max-garcia-ncaa-football-georgia-florida-850x560.jpg

C Max Garcia- 6'4 309- The two traits that immediately come to mind is power and versatility. He played all 3 line positions at Florida during his career and was a team captain. This is the most curious pick in the Broncos draft class for me. He's a mauler type that fits well into a power scheme. He really isn't an ideal player for the ZBS. I'm going to be interested to see how they use him. His strength is top notch, but he has heavy feet and very little lateral agility. The Broncos have already told him that he will come in and compete for the starting center spot. Kubiak and Dennison know their offensive lineman fits as well as anyone in the NFL. I'm curious to see how this one shakes out.

watch?v=Fhl4l46vIps

Dapper Dan
05-04-2015, 12:35 PM
Apparently the guy from the Ravens and Paradis from Boise are about 6-3 300 lbs. So I guess we just wont have a skinny center.

NightTerror218
05-04-2015, 03:48 PM
C Max Garcia- 6'4 309- The two traits that immediately come to mind is power and versatility. He played all 3 line positions at Florida during his career and was a team captain. This is the most curious pick in the Broncos draft class for me. He's a mauler type that fits well into a power scheme. He really isn't an ideal player for the ZBS. I'm going to be interested to see how they use him. His strength is top notch, but he has heavy feet and very little lateral agility. The Broncos have already told him that he will come in and compete for the starting center spot. Kubiak and Dennison know their offensive lineman fits as well as anyone in the NFL. I'm curious to see how this one shakes out.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhl4l46vIps">YouTube Link</a>

He was mostly C/G. I think he will win starting RG spot over Shelly and may move to center down the road.

G_Money
05-04-2015, 03:49 PM
I like Max and I don't like Shelly, so I do hope he wins the G spot - but I have trouble believing he'll be able to out of the gate. It'd be great, though.

NightTerror218
05-04-2015, 04:13 PM
I like Max and I don't like Shelly, so I do hope he wins the G spot - but I have trouble believing he'll be able to out of the gate. It'd be great, though.

I hope by the end of training camp

Ziggy
05-04-2015, 05:09 PM
Sounds like Garcia will start camp at RG behind Vasquez.

Sambrailo and Garcia are coming in to compete for starting spots, not roster spots. How quickly they contribute will go a long way in defining this draft class. Sambrailo will begin at right tackle, and Garcia will open practice this weekend at right guard behind all-pro Louis Vasquez. The idea is to teach the zone-blocking system with each player settled at one position before moving them.
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28041968/broncos-plan-build-championship-starts-new-offensive-linemen

I hope he gets moved quickly.

BroncoWave
05-04-2015, 05:46 PM
If our rookies all really pan out, I would love to see a line like Clady-Garcia-Day-Vasquez-Sambrailo. Having 3 rookies starting would definitely be a concern, but it would be great if they all panned out and could contribute.

TXBRONC
05-04-2015, 06:05 PM
Since Garica was drafted as a center I would not be surprised to see him be the starting center from the get go.

NightTerror218
05-04-2015, 06:45 PM
Since Garica was drafted as a center I would not be surprised to see him be the starting center from the get go.

Unless he is the best option at G and not other stand out. But I do see him taking over that position next year for sure.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-04-2015, 08:12 PM
If Garcia can pick up the scheme he might be our starting center sometime this year. I am really pulling for my boy from Boise State, but I don't know if he's as athletic as Garcia.

TXBRONC
05-04-2015, 08:26 PM
If Garcia can pick up the scheme he might be our starting center sometime this year. I am really pulling for my boy from Boise State, but I don't know if he's as athletic as Garcia.

That's what I think. If Garcia can pick up the scheme quick enough he could end up being the starting center this year.

Jsteve01
05-04-2015, 10:38 PM
If Garcia can pick up the scheme he might be our starting center sometime this year. I am really pulling for my boy from Boise State, but I don't know if he's as athletic as Garcia. i think youve got them backwards. GGarcia is the heavy legged phone booth mauler. He ran a terrible 8.18 in the three cone at his pro day. I see Paradis as a more athletic player. His three cone at the cimbine was mid 7s