PDA

View Full Version : Montee Ball envisions being Broncos' #1 RB again

VonDoom
04-30-2015, 08:27 AM
I mean, what else is he supposed to say?

"C.J. deserves the No. 1 spot right now. I'm most definitely going to try to work to get it back. And I believe that I will," Ball told The Associated Press during a break at minicamp this week. "I like coming in and being the underdog, just keeping my head down, my mouth shut and just working."

The clear-cut starter a year ago at this time after rushing for a 4.7-yard average his rookie year, Ball never regained his explosiveness or his starting job after undergoing an emergency appendectomy in August.

The rest: http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/04/30/sports/football/ap-fbn-broncos-balls-comeback.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=2

underrated29
04-30-2015, 09:37 AM
I'm very excited for our run game this year. Not the fact it's back to zbs, just the fact that we won't be telegraphing the same run play over and over and being forced to bring in an extra T and TE to block for a measly .5 yards.

Northman
04-30-2015, 09:44 AM
Works for me. I dont think CJ will just lay down and give it up to him but im glad Montee isnt settling for the back seat.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-30-2015, 09:55 AM
The competition should provide nice production on the field.

CoachChaz
04-30-2015, 10:10 AM
Highly possible he gets it. I've been a promoter of CJ since before he was drafted, but his true ability over the course of a season has yet to be seen. Yes, he played well last year, but he had fresh legs against tired defenses at the end of the year, so we'll see how he holds up over a full year.

Either way, it's nice to have another capable runner that will be in a system he excelled in and is hungry to get on the field.

tomjonesrocks
04-30-2015, 10:54 AM
Good luck with all that.

Simple Jaded
05-02-2015, 05:19 PM
I think all 4 RB's are going to ball out in this system, they don't need the ZBS to be effective but they'll sure benefit from it.