PDA

View Full Version : New Video content / ads on site

Tned
04-29-2015, 09:19 PM
Hey guys, just a quick heads up.

I'm working with a new company to provide both higher paying ads (trying to focus on higher revenue, better quality ads, rather than more -- as much as possible), but more importantly video content.

This company, Cinesport focuses on delivering video content. Whether it's coverage of the Draft or regular NFL topics.

You can see some of their videos here, and the BroncosForums video page at Cinesport: http://broncosforums.cinesport.com/broncosforums-nfl/

In order to get the exposure needed for this to be a viable option, I have opted to put a video player on the right side of the first post of every thread, as you can see here.

Ad revenue doesn't pay what it once did, which is why you see more and more sites that are doing popups or that redirect you to a full size page before viewing an article or similar content.

I'm going to continue to try and keep the impact as low as possible, but at the same time I need to try and get out of subsidizing as much as I do every month.

In the case of Cinesport, I think it's a win/win, there will be ad revenue for the site, but it's also bringing solid content to BroncosForums.

dogfish
04-30-2015, 01:25 AM
this doesn't mean we have to start wearing pants, does it?

Tned
04-30-2015, 07:47 AM
this doesn't mean we have to start wearing pants, does it?

Only if you have your webcam on.

LTC Pain
04-30-2015, 09:06 AM
Thanks Tned :)