PDA

View Full Version : Notes from Bronco veteran minicamp

VonDoom
04-28-2015, 12:19 PM
Via Twitter. Not much "news" per se, but it's nice to see everyone back out there:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 32m32 minutes ago Dove Valley, CO

No pads, no helmets, but a lot of energy, vim and vigor in the special-teams drills to start the first @Broncos practice of the Kubiak era.

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 45m45 minutes ago

New #80 at Dove Valley, James Casey wearing that number for #Broncos this year

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 28m28 minutes ago

Peyton manning spent open viewing period working w coach Knapp. Looked relaxed, comfortable, healthy

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 25m25 minutes ago

Good to see Danny Trevathan running around in drills.They missed his tackling ability. But also missed his energy. He's relentless #Broncos

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 17m17 minutes ago

#Broncos RB CJ Anderson kept himself in great shape this offseason, looks like he's in mid-season form at veteran mini camp

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 9m9 minutes ago

The only player missing from #Broncos veteran minicamp: WR Demaryius Thomas. LB Brandon Marshall is here, but not participating (foot)

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 43m43 minutes ago

#Broncos RT Michael Schofield (79) has added weight. Looks stronger

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 40m40 minutes ago

Another welcome addition at workout: Jordan Norwood. Had team made last year as returner before knee injury #Broncos

VonDoom
04-28-2015, 01:08 PM
From Kubiak's presser after practice:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

Kubiak said doesn't believe meshing offense will be a problem. Said Manning enjoying the challenge

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

Trevathan did a little bit of work in practice today acc to Kubiak.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

Kubiak "would love to have Demaryius here? Yes. But that's part of football."

underrated29
04-28-2015, 01:18 PM
We are going to be so good next year. Our defense is going to be lights out nasty!

VonDoom
04-28-2015, 01:22 PM
Manning:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 12m12 minutes ago

Manning said "I feel good about executing the plays called" when asked if a bootleg or roll out guy #Broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 8m8 minutes ago

Manning on DT. "You like everybody here. He has personal issue and I want it to work out best for him" #Broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

Manning "this is a learning time" Kubiak putting emphasis on teaching #Broncos

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 47s48 seconds ago

"I don't see it as a farewell tour." - #Broncos QB Peyton #Manning

VonDoom
04-28-2015, 01:22 PM
Not related to the press conferences, but I liked this little nugget as well:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago Dove Valley, CO

.@BradRoby_1 is the last player remaining on the field, getting extra work in.

Good work, young man.

VonDoom
04-28-2015, 01:24 PM
We are going to be so good next year. Our defense is going to be lights out nasty!

Man, I hope so. I would love to have this team's identity be a nasty defense. The talent is there, so I hope Wade brings it out in spades.

VonDoom
04-29-2015, 12:21 PM
From today's practice:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 48m48 minutes ago

#Broncos WR Isaiah Burse did not finish practice on Tuesday acc to Kubiak. He's off to the side during stretch today

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 35m35 minutes ago

#BroncosO-line getting spirited workout in today. Diff scheme part of it. But the intensity of practice noticeably different for this group

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 31m31 minutes ago Dove Valley, CO

Isiah Burse Demaryius Thomas Brandon Marshall only players not practicing

Denver Native (Carol)
04-29-2015, 05:34 PM
Special Teams Coordinator Joe DeCamillis helped set a quick pace that was one of the defining characteristics of the voluntary camp.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Voluntary veteran minicamp ends Thursday, but Wednesday morning's on-field session was the last in which a portion was open to the media for viewing.

What jumped out as the Broncos got to work under their new head coach and staff? Here's five takeaways from the two days of work:

1. NO PADS OR HELMETS, BUT PLENTY OF SPARK.

With every thwack of a player against a tackling dummy or every exhortation from a coach -- none more than Special Teams Coordinator Joe DeCamillis -- the energy of the practices pulsated from the fieldhouse to the flagpole in front of the administrative building in front of Dove Valley and back again.

It didn't sound or feel like April. The tone was set.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Five-takeaways-from-the-Broncos-voluntary-veteran-minicamp/07a23b7b-c90a-4064-8d41-445831ad92a7

Denver Native (Carol)
04-29-2015, 05:37 PM
from same article:

Even kickers and punters took their turns practicing their pursuit and tackling form against dummies this week.

"We're going to do it, because what happens when [a return] breaks out?" DeCamillis said. "If they'd never done it before, it's a great excuse for them: 'Oh, I never did it, Coach.' Well, we're going to work on it. We're going to get them going.

"It's to prepare for a bad situation," DeCamillis added later. "You hope that you at least have a chance to be successful."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Five-takeaways-from-the-Broncos-voluntary-veteran-minicamp/07a23b7b-c90a-4064-8d41-445831ad92a7

I totally like this.