PDA

View Full Version : Good time for Broncos to pick up a building block

Denver Native (Carol)
04-27-2015, 03:20 PM
When quarterback Peyton Manning weighed whether to return for the 2015 season, numerous factors played into the decision. The Broncos wanted him back, but with a pay cut. Part of their promise was to keep him safe and upright.

As last season ended with an uninspired playoff effort against the Indianapolis Colts, it shone a light on areas needing a fix. Denver's offensive line failed to meet expectations, dissolving into a jumbled mess of mismatched parts. It left questions not only about the talent, but the eye-rolling decision to move slumping center Manny Ramirez to guard and all-pro guard Louis Vasquez to tackle.

Manning was sacked an NFL-low 17 times last season, a reflection of his quick release more than the shield in front of him. The Broncos need stability up front to establish a physical running game, a top priority in Gary Kubiak's first season as their head coach.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27989870/good-time-broncos-pick-up-building-block

Simple Jaded
04-27-2015, 09:03 PM
There is not much physical about the Broncos running game at the moment, imo, it's about as finesse as it gets.

SR
04-27-2015, 09:13 PM
There is not much physical about the Broncos running game at the moment, imo, it's about as finesse as it gets.

I disagree 100%. There is nothing finesse about CJ.

Jsteve01
04-27-2015, 11:17 PM
I disagree 100%. There is nothing finesse about CJ. cj maybe Jaded is referencing the system as a whole. he as I am leery of the scrubs we've brought in or retained to transition to the zone.

Simple Jaded
04-28-2015, 11:26 PM
Love me some C.J Anderson. Btw, I said there's not much physical about the running game, Anderson, Green and Vasquez excluded. Ramirez, but he may not even start.

DenBronx
04-29-2015, 12:12 AM

I disagree 100%. There is nothing finesse about CJ.

Nope, no finesse in CJs run game at all. Dude is a bulldozer for his size.