Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-27-2015, 08:21 AM
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/goodbye-and-thanks

SR
04-27-2015, 08:21 AM
Thank goodness

DenBronx
04-27-2015, 08:41 AM
I only followed him during the Peyton Manning sweepstakes. Haven't cared much for him since.

DenBronx
04-27-2015, 08:46 AM
So he quits because the NFL has become too political? What a dope feign.

Northman
04-27-2015, 09:13 AM
Thank goodness

Lol, agreed.

MileHighCrew
04-27-2015, 09:21 AM
Kevin Smith quit?

Dreadnought
04-27-2015, 09:29 AM
They were pretty good a few years back, but have declined markedly in quality. I rarely read the site at all last season. They should have stuck to nuts and bolts football, but got addicted to posturing some time back.

Dzone
04-27-2015, 10:17 AM
He came across a little self righteous there. He wants to blame the NFL for making him a shitty husband and father. lol

nevcraw
04-27-2015, 10:33 AM
I have enjoyed their opinions and content... sure beat bleacher report or Mile High.

TXBRONC
04-27-2015, 10:52 AM
I think Top has been posting over there I wonder what he'll do now?

7DnBrnc53
04-27-2015, 11:37 AM
I agree with Douglas Lee that there is a lot of hypocrisy in the NFL, and that the owners are at the forefront (and, he is right that fans seem to side with management too much). However, the problem is the society as a whole. We chase money too much, and make it our god. Turning your back on the NFL isn't going to change it. A lot more has to change.

tomjonesrocks
04-27-2015, 11:41 AM
I liked them overall. Was on my netvibes dashboard and I'd click time to time.

Northman
04-27-2015, 11:41 AM
I agree with Douglas Lee that there is a lot of hypocrisy in the NFL, and that the owners are at the forefront (and, he is right that fans seem to side with management too much). However, the problem is the society as a whole. We chase money too much, and make it our god. Turning your back on the NFL isn't going to change it. A lot more has to change.

Please elaborate on what you believe to be the hypocrisy of the NFL. Also, how would you change it? What answers do you have if you believe that theory?

NightTrainLayne
04-27-2015, 02:04 PM

No, he said that he's become more political, and principled. He doesn't feel that the NFL fits within his moral framework any longer. He changed, moreso than the NFL.

Dzone
04-27-2015, 02:09 PM
Top? Wow, I wondered what happened to him. I thought maybe he stopped watching football once Orton quit

DenBronx
04-27-2015, 03:50 PM

No, he said that he's become more political, and principled. He doesn't feel that the NFL fits within his moral framework any longer. He changed, moreso than the NFL.

Sorry I meant he didnt like the politics of football and how they take advantage or abuse players. So yeah he got into the politics himself but when he started digging he didn't like what he saw.

As a fan, yeah I love football. I want it to be safe for players but at the same time I don't want to hear them crying. They make wayyyy too much money for me to care. I just want to know what time the game is starting. I don't want to hear any politics, even from Bob Costas about gun control or whatever.

The players have a union. They should be more than happy for that.

Canmore
04-27-2015, 04:07 PM
Top? Wow, I wondered what happened to him. I thought maybe he stopped watching football once Orton quit

Top posted in the Music thread yesterday. Two posts.

topscribe
04-27-2015, 05:33 PM
Nope, haven't entered a post over there in months, or anywhere, for that matter.
But I do lurk a little, as you can see here, although I don't spend a lot of time
doing even that. As Canmore implied, however, you can occasionally catch me
in the music thread.

It's always good to "see" you guys & gals, though. :)

Northman
04-27-2015, 05:38 PM
Good to see you Top.

Canmore
04-27-2015, 07:48 PM
Nope, haven't entered a post over there in months, or anywhere, for that matter.
But I do lurk a little, as you can see here, although I don't spend a lot of time
in the music thread.

Why not rejoin the fun.

Simple Jaded
04-27-2015, 08:58 PM
Top is mah dawg.

Jsteve01
04-27-2015, 11:15 PM
which one of you aholes chased him off anyway?

DenBronx
04-27-2015, 11:24 PM
in the music thread.

Good to see you Top!

TXBRONC
04-28-2015, 07:31 AM
in the music thread.

Good to see you Top.

Slick
04-28-2015, 10:04 AM
I don't think I ever visited that site unless someone here linked it for discussion. Maybe Keith Olberman's recent rant made him rearrange his priorities.

aldrCmGT2xg

Dzone
04-28-2015, 10:12 AM
Welcome back Topscribe!

SR
04-28-2015, 10:13 AM
Top? Is that really you?

Dzone
04-28-2015, 10:21 AM
Olberman sucks, but he makes a good point there

Buff
04-28-2015, 11:18 AM
Never really found any value in IAOFM. Knew of its existence but it always felt like a fan trying to take themselves too seriously to me. This only reinforces that belief.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-28-2015, 11:33 AM
Never really found any value in IAOFM. Knew of its existence but it always felt like a fan trying to take themselves too seriously to me. This only reinforces that belief.

I didn't subscribe to his blog, but only read a couple of his entries when links were posted here. I sort of liked his perspective at times. I enjoyed his break down of the zone scheme with the spread option a few years ago

Northman
04-28-2015, 11:45 AM
Saw this in the comment section, does anyone know if this is THE Lonestar? Aka Jrwiz.

Is there any chance we can get Lonestar to run the site?

nevcraw
04-28-2015, 11:50 AM
lol

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-28-2015, 12:29 PM
Sorry I meant he didnt like the politics of football and how they take advantage or abuse players. So yeah he got into the politics himself but when he started digging he didn't like what he saw.

As a fan, yeah I love football. I want it to be safe for players but at the same time I don't want to hear them crying. They make wayyyy too much money for me to care. I just want to know what time the game is starting. I don't want to hear any politics, even from Bob Costas about gun control or whatever.

Lol, I would say especially from Bob Costas. :-)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-28-2015, 12:36 PM
Olberman sucks, but he makes a good point there

Agreed

TXBRONC
04-28-2015, 01:11 PM
Saw this in the comment section, does anyone know if this is THE Lonestar? Aka Jrwiz.

Jrwiz running a website that's a scary thought.

DenBronx
04-28-2015, 02:27 PM

Lol, I would say especially from Bob Costas. :-)

I lost a ton of respect for that guy when he did that. Sports has no place for their little platforms. Wait until after the game if you feel that way Bob!

DenBronx
04-28-2015, 02:28 PM

Jrwiz running a website that's a scary thought.

Yeah, 90% of everyone would get put on IGGY alert.

Dzone
04-28-2015, 03:08 PM
I lost a ton of respect for that guy when he did that. Sports has no place for their little platforms. Wait until after the game if you feel that way Bob!
The height of arrogance for him to think the country gives a rats ass about his political opinions

dogfish
04-28-2015, 06:10 PM
which one of you aholes chased him off anyway?

i thought it was you?

Simple Jaded
04-28-2015, 11:24 PM
Jrwiz with Authoritah?

Sounds like Alistor V2.0.

DenBronx
04-29-2015, 01:58 AM
Guys change their names so much on here it's hard to keep track of who is who. Then they come back as an alias and stir shit up again.

iLands
04-29-2015, 09:46 AM
None of you guys are mourning Doc Bear? He was the reason to read that site and was a font of insight. The others aren't worth reading, but Doc is excellent.

Northman
04-29-2015, 10:00 AM
Did Doc die? I was under the impression just the site was going down.

topscribe
04-30-2015, 12:43 AM
Did Doc die? I was under the impression just the site was going down.
No, Doc wrote a farewell post of his own. I'll have to say it was a bit classier than Doug's.

EastCoastBronco
05-01-2015, 08:52 AM
I enjoyed the site.
I always got a kick out of the immediate post game analysis articles.

tomjonesrocks
05-01-2015, 09:04 AM
I enjoyed the site. I always got a kick out of the immediate post game analysis articles.

LOSS (pic of burning Zeppelin)

7DnBrnc53
05-05-2015, 04:14 AM
The height of arrogance for him to think the country gives a rats ass about his political opinions

Uh, from me to you, shut the **** up!!

Now, on to new business. A new site has formed with a lot of those same people: http://in-thinair.com/