PDA

View Full Version : Black Punters

sneakers
04-26-2015, 05:16 AM
It seems we need more of them.

We have seen Reggie Roby, and the guy on the Raiders right now.

This is unacceptable.

I propose a bold new strategy to combat this problem.

During the summer months we should load footballs up with M80s and light the fuse and drop them over inner cities. The young men in these cities will obviously want to not have their shit blown up so they will try to get rid of them. Now think about when you were a teen and you were screwing around with fireworks and one happened to be a dud. Did you reach out with your hand to see if it was a dud? Heck no! You used your foot. The same thing will go with these footballs. They will get used to kicking footballs all summer long and when it is time for football season to start they will have excellent leg muscles and have good foot-eye coordination.

please reply

WTE
04-26-2015, 07:10 AM
Reggie Roby was an excellent punter. Sadly, he is no longer with us.

BroncoNut
04-26-2015, 08:05 AM
I did not know reggie passed but it is my understanding that black punters don't live long

OrangeHoof
04-26-2015, 09:21 AM
Greg Coleman.

BTW, do you have any solution for the lack of white cornerbacks?

Shazam!
04-26-2015, 09:51 AM
Racists.

Bronco4ever
04-26-2015, 12:18 PM
kvGKLWYXTGU

DenBronx
04-26-2015, 01:15 PM
Black punters are the equivalent to a black guy in a horror movie.

OrangeHoof
04-26-2015, 02:11 PM
kvGKLWYXTGU

The NFL/AFl record for the longest punt took place at the old Mile High by Steve O'Neal of the New York Jets. The play started at the Jets 1-yd line and boomed over Billy Thompson's head. It kept rolling and rolling to the Denver 1 where Thompson picked it up and returned it to midfield.

That was Sept. 21, 1969 and Denver won it, 21-19.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/196909210den.htm

The stat sheet implies it was Floyd Little who ran it back but I'm 90% sure it was Thompson because I was in the stands and watched it.

Here's a story on YouTube about it - definitely Billy Thompson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htKoikjH0L8

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-26-2015, 10:35 PM
http://rs222.pbsrc.com/albums/dd297/ponceje81/nerds.jpg~320x480

underrated29
04-26-2015, 11:59 PM
Sneakers is brilliant

sneakers
04-27-2015, 03:59 AM
kvGKLWYXTGU

that was one heck of a kick....didn't Randell Cunningham have a punt like this on a trick punt?

BroncoNut
04-27-2015, 11:00 AM
the more I think on this, the use of black punters in today's NFL can be pretty strategic

WTE
04-27-2015, 02:37 PM
I'm glad there aren't more black punters b/c if a white defender ever roughed a black punter there could be riots and businesses looted.

Valar Morghulis
04-27-2015, 05:07 PM
I'm glad there aren't more black punters b/c if a white defender ever roughed a black punter there could be riots and businesses looted.

Quite right too. That defender would be a racist.

Get my pitch fork.

FanInAZ
04-27-2015, 05:43 PM
that was one heck of a kick....didn't Randell Cunningham have a punt like this on a trick punt?

He was aided by a ridiculously strong tail wind.

WTE
04-27-2015, 06:28 PM
He was aided by a ridiculously strong tail wind.

Randall could throw the ball a good 70 yards in the air on a perfect spiral.

Az Snake
05-07-2015, 12:15 AM
kvGKLWYXTGU

One reason that punt was forgotten quickly was the devastating hit on Eddie Mac.

Another was that the Giants' long flight back got on the ground just in time.

After feeling bittersweet about the win that Monday Night, I'll never forget the next day.
I was on the job site that morning when the crazy mixed up reports started sporadically coming in.
The skies here were overcast and bizarrely quiet with the occasional exception of pairs of F-16s scrambling out of Luke.
I felt so helpless because I couldn't do anything but get more and more pissed off.
I spent the day at work in a surreal haze thinking about how important my job really wasn't.

Here's a piece about the Giants returning to chaos:

Nightmare Eve, the Game Before 9/11
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/23/sports/football/23giants.html?pagewanted=2&n=Top/Reference/Times%20Topics/Subjects/T/Terrorism&_r=0

Bronco4ever
05-07-2015, 12:24 PM
One reason that punt was forgotten quickly was the devastating hit on Eddie Mac.

After feeling bittersweet about the win that Monday Night, I'll never forget the next day.
I was on the job site that morning when the crazy mixed up reports started sporadically coming in.
The skies here were overcast and bizarrely quiet with the occasional exception of pairs of F-16s scrambling out of Luke.
I felt so helpless because I couldn't do anything but get more and more pissed off.
I spent the day at work in a surreal haze thinking about how important my job really wasn't.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/23/sports/football/23giants.html?pagewanted=2&n=Top/Reference/Times%20Topics/Subjects/T/Terrorism&_r=0

I remember being sad about seeing Eddie's leg just dangling after he broke it. He held on to that catch too I believe. It seemed like such a bad thing until we all woke up the next day. The world was so much different when that game took place.

Devilspawn
05-07-2015, 07:24 PM

I stayed up to watch this whole game. If I didn't, I would've woken up on time and made it to the city as the events unfolded, a few miles from the attack but still in the heart of the madness. Instead I sluggishly got ready for work, turned on the Today Show and then watched the towers fall in the distance from our bedroom window. Wow is it approaching 14 years ago in September??!

Canmore
05-08-2015, 12:06 AM
I remember being sad about seeing Eddie's leg just dangling after he broke it. He held on to that catch too I believe. It seemed like such a bad thing until we all woke up the next day. The world was so much different when that game took place.

Yes, I was stunned but Eddie Mac made the catch.

GEM
06-02-2015, 01:16 PM
Every time I scroll down the main page, I read this thread title as Black Panthers. :laugh:

chazoe60
06-02-2015, 01:56 PM
Maybe the NFL should institute a "Roby Rule" to go along with the Rooney Rule.

BroncoNut
06-02-2015, 02:13 PM
Maybe the NFL should institute a "Roby Rule" to go along with the Rooney Rule.

maybe you should quit posting altogether

chazoe60
06-02-2015, 02:25 PM
maybe you should quit posting altogether

Maybe you should shut the **** up? Have you thought of that?

BroncoNut
06-02-2015, 02:50 PM
Maybe you should shut the **** up? Have you thought of that?

as a matter of fact I have and I think it's a shitty idea

chazoe60
06-02-2015, 02:53 PM
as a matter of fact I have and I think it's a shitty idea

I think you should revisit it.