PDA

View Full Version : BTV Live: Ward, Vasquez

Denver Native (Carol)
04-22-2015, 01:25 PM
Watch live as T.J. Ward and Louis Vasquez meet the media at approximately 12 p.m. MT.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-Live-Ward-Vasquez/55f8fdda-0621-49cc-8b5e-124ebae9ff35

Not sure when it really started - TJ is talking now

underrated29
04-22-2015, 01:45 PM
Who wants to be the Hero of the day and translate (type) what is being said for those of us who can read but not hear.

underrated29
04-22-2015, 02:10 PM
No Heros?

Denver Native (Carol)
04-22-2015, 03:13 PM
Here they are for anyone who would like to listen to them

Vasquez makes it clear, 'I'm a guard'

Louis Vasquez talks about moving back inside to guard after playing tackle for a portion of last season and learning the team's new offense.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Vasquez-makes-it-clear-Im-a-guard/1f5e9316-ccc3-42f8-b573-c05593e51652

Ward on new defense, competition at safety
T.J. Ward expects to run and hit much more under Wade Phillips and this new Denver defense.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Ward_on_new_defense_competition_at_safety/daac3ea2-a788-43bb-ba7e-956f774ad5ca

Denver Native (Carol)
04-22-2015, 04:10 PM
Vasquez said something that I thought was interesting. Someone ask him a question, which you could not hear, but, it appeared it was about the new coaches, and he said something like anytime we need to talk, it's an open door policy. They are open to suggestions - it's not like my way or the highway. We get the sense that he is open to any suggestions we may have.

I wonder if it is different now than what it was under Fox.

BroncoJoe
04-22-2015, 04:27 PM
Vasquez said something that I thought was interesting. Someone ask him a question, which you could not hear, but, it appeared it was about the new coaches, and he said something like anytime we need to talk, it's an open door policy. They are open to suggestions - it's not like my way or the highway. We get the sense that he is open to any suggestions we may have.

I wonder if it is different now than what it was under Fox.

If he went out of his way to mention it, I'd guess it was true. Depending on the question, of course.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-22-2015, 04:49 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 13m

"I'm a guard." Louis Vasquez adjusts to a new scheme at his old position: http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Back-at-guard-Louis-Vasquez-adjusts-to-zone-blocking/f8a84474-1318-4ca1-b226-f89075ed7619 …

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 3h

Vasquez: "My mentality is that I'm a guard. I'd love to stay inside the trenches...being on the outside is more finesse ... not my forte."

Louis Vasquez says that having Clancy Barone, ex-TE coach, now on OL, helps because it allows OL to understand how it correlates w/ TEs.

Michael Schofield "is real smart," Vasquez says. "He picked up the system real quick last year ... he does show some promise."

Louis Vasquez: "Any time you get to beat people up front, it excites us."

Louis Vasquez feels that zone blocking "will complement what my strengths are ... the zone is going to be our bread & butter."

Vasquez, on playing tackle ... "I had to get my work in ... it wasn't easy ..." lack of lineup stability in '14 "strained us as a unit."

Louis Vasquez says of the "full system change" that "it's a learning process ... picking up something different every day."

.@BossWard43 says that you'll see "a lot more running and hitting from me, as opposed to shedding guards" working as a LB in nickel in '14.

.@BossWard43 says in year 2 as a Bronco, "I know my niche and I know what I want it to be."

.@BossWard43 says that Darian Stewart "is a pro ... seems like a smart guy." Says the cohesion with him will come with time.

.@BossWard43 said that blitzing "was definitely a subject that was brought up" with Wade Phillips. Expects to see more blitz chances.