PDA

View Full Version : Broncos 2015 schedule coming tonight

VonDoom
04-21-2015, 04:33 PM
I figured I'd start this now. I'll update when it's official in a couple of hours. The first Bronco rumor as of now is that we're a "good bet" to play at Detroit on Thanksgiving (per MHR)

Edit - MHR also has us at Bears week 11. Vic says we open at home week one vs Ravens

Edit 2 - word is Eagles/Lions Thanksgiving, so not us after all

----------------------------------------------------------------
Week 1 - vs Ravens
Week 2 - at Chiefs (TNF)
Week 3 - at Lions (SNF)
Week 4 - vs Vikings
Week 5 - at Raiders
Week 6 - at Browns
Week 7 -BYE
Week 8 - vs Packers (SNF)
Week 9 - at Colts
Week 10 - vs Chiefs
Week 11 - at Bears
Week 12 - vs Patriots (SNF)
Week 13 - at Chargers
Week 14 - vs Raiders
Week 15 - at Steelers
Week 16 - vs Bengals (MNF)
Week 17 - vs Chargers

Valar Morghulis
04-21-2015, 04:49 PM
I figured I'd start this now. I'll update when it's official in a couple of hours. The first Bronco rumor as of now is that we're a "good bet" to play at Detroit on Thanksgiving (per MHR)

Edit - MHR also has us at Bears week 11. Vic says we open at home week one vs Ravens

Love the thanksgiving fixture - fingers crossed for that one.

VonDoom
04-21-2015, 04:53 PM

I love football on Thanksgiving but I wish it weren't my team. We host and have a lot of running around to do at that time. Hard to sit and obsess over my team that way

VonDoom
04-21-2015, 04:56 PM
Also, I believe Thanksgiving is week 12, so we'd go from at Chicago Sunday of week 11 to at Detroit the next Thursday. Not ideal but at least there's a mini-bye after that

DenBronx
04-21-2015, 04:59 PM
We host the Ravens week 1. Lets hope Manning throws another 7 TDs on their candy asses!

BroncoWave
04-21-2015, 05:02 PM
I plan on going to the game at Pitt this year, so I am really hoping for a 1 PM kickoff in September.

VonDoom
04-21-2015, 05:10 PM
Vic says five prime time games and ten on CBS. He also teases that the bye is later than last year

Denver Native (Carol)
04-21-2015, 05:16 PM
Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 4m

Vic Lombardi retweeted Mike Klis

Don't want any morons messing with those.

Vic Lombardi added,
Mike Klis @MikeKlis
Confirming Broncos to open 2015 season Sunday, Sept. 13 at home. However, there should not be downtown Joe Flacco posters to rally around.

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 10m

I can confirm a report by ESPN-Chicago, Broncos will visit the Bears in week 11, also on CBS4.

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 11m

CBS4 will carry TEN Broncos games next season. They'll have FIVE games in prime-time. Full schedule at 6pm. #broncos

Buff
04-21-2015, 05:17 PM
I hate having MNF games. And Thursday night now too. Hopefully we don't have too many.

I wish we could play every game on Sundays at 2pm MTN.

Magnificent Seven
04-21-2015, 05:23 PM
I hate having MNF games. And Thursday night now too. Hopefully we don't have too many.

I LOVE to watch Broncos on Monday Night Football! Beers & MNF!

Canmore
04-21-2015, 05:24 PM

I love football. Thursday, Monday, Sunday. It's all good to me.

DenBronx
04-21-2015, 05:25 PM

You might be in the minority on that one. I love love MNF games! SNF is pretty sweet too but love our guys playing primetime games. Doesn't get any better imo.

Buff
04-21-2015, 05:26 PM
I love football. Thursday, Monday, Sunday. It's all good to me.

"Hate" is a strong word - don't get me wrong, I consume all NFL all the time... But I'd prefer to watch other teams in those time slots. The build up is too long for MNF, and too short for TNF.

Canmore
04-21-2015, 05:32 PM
"Hate" is a strong word - don't get me wrong, I consume all NFL all the time... But I'd prefer to watch other teams in those time slots. The build up is too long for MNF, and too short for TNF.

I hear you, and I hate waiting for the Broncos on Monday night too.

VonDoom
04-21-2015, 06:35 PM

Word is Eagles/Lions now, not us

VonDoom
04-21-2015, 07:01 PM
It's official - updated original post as well:

Week 1 - vs Ravens
Week 2 - at Chiefs (TNF)
Week 3 - at Lions (SNF)
Week 4 - vs Vikings
Week 5 - at Raiders
Week 6 - at Browns
Week 7 -BYE
Week 8 - vs Packers (SNF)
Week 9 - at Colts
Week 10 - vs Chiefs
Week 11 - at Bears
Week 12 - vs Patriots (SNF)
Week 13 - at Chargers
Week 14 - vs Raiders
Week 15 - at Steelers
Week 16 - vs Bengals (MNF)
Week 17 - vs Chargers

VonDoom
04-21-2015, 07:03 PM
So after the home opener, four of the next five are on the road. I actually like getting the road games out of the way early.

Two home games to finish the season, including a MNF rematch against the Bengals, this time in Denver where we can crush their spirit

Week 2 Thursday night game is not the greatest, but I can live with it.

Week 7 bye pretty good

Week 12 through 15 will be a tough stretch - Pats, at SD and at Pitt in a four week span. Should determine what we're made of.

ShaneFalco
04-21-2015, 07:06 PM
incredibly easy schedule. only 6 games against contenders.

ShaneFalco
04-21-2015, 07:09 PM
and most of them are home games. pats steelers packers ravens

VonDoom
04-21-2015, 07:18 PM
and most of them are home games. pats steelers packers ravens

Steelers game is in Pitt. Colts in Indy will be a very tough game as well.

And yes, Pats and Packers at home, but I wouldn't say either of those are givens.

WJK
04-21-2015, 07:30 PM
Nothing I can really complain about this year. All the prime time games look fun and having the last two games at home is always a nice touch.

WJK
04-21-2015, 07:31 PM
I also found it interesting that we haven't played in Pittsburgh since the 2006 season (Jake Plummer threw three touchdowns and Champ Bailey had two interceptions.)

Denver Native (Carol)
04-21-2015, 07:35 PM
I don't remember when the bye week was last year, but I don't care for the bye week after the 6th game, leaving 10 games after. Also do not like that we open on a Sunday here against the Ravens, and then play the Chiefs there on Thursday. Would not be quite as bad if we played the Chiefs here that Thursday.

Buff
04-21-2015, 07:35 PM

Kevin Seifert ‏@SeifertESPN 6 minutes ago

If Peyton Manning produces at his career averages, he’ll become the NFL’s all-time passing leader in Week 9 — at Indianapolis. No accident.

Buff
04-21-2015, 07:37 PM
Back loaded home schedule not ideal for Peyton's aversion to cold weather.

VonDoom
04-21-2015, 07:40 PM
I don't remember when the bye week was last year, but I don't care for the bye week after the 6th game, leaving 10 games after. Also do not like that we open on a Sunday here against the Ravens, and then play the Chiefs there on Thursday. Would not be quite as bad if we played the Chiefs here that Thursday.

Bye was week 4 last year. This is infinitely better, even if I'd rather it be later

Denver Native (Carol)
04-21-2015, 07:44 PM
Bye was week 4 last year. This is infinitely better, even if I'd rather it be later

Yes, but only better by 2 games. And we have 5 night games.

VonDoom
04-21-2015, 07:49 PM
Yes, but only better by 2 games. And we have 5 night games.

Technically it's three games (we played 3 before the bye last year and it will be six this year). I believe five prime time games are the max, and we've had the same the last two years

VonDoom
04-21-2015, 07:50 PM

Yes, I'm sure the NFL built their entire schedule around this possibility

OrangeHoof
04-21-2015, 07:59 PM
The Bye week is the week before the official BYE week.

SR
04-21-2015, 08:06 PM
Technically it's three games (we played 3 before the bye last year and it will be six this year). I believe five prime time games are the max, and we've had the same the last two years

Five is the max allowed to be scheduled but NBC can flex games to Sunday night.

spikerman
04-21-2015, 08:20 PM
Back loaded home schedule not ideal for Peyton's aversion to cold weather.

Just heard Bill Polian on Sirius/XM NFL Radio. He says Peyton not liking cold weather is a myth. I actually think wind bothers him a lot more than cold.

spikerman
04-21-2015, 08:22 PM
Ok, when is the tailgate?

VonDoom
04-21-2015, 08:33 PM
Just heard Bill Polian on Sirius/XM NFL Radio. He says Peyton not liking cold weather is a myth. I actually think wind bothers him a lot more than cold.

Agreed. I'd rather have the home games at the end of the year regardless

Dapper Dan
04-21-2015, 08:46 PM
I think I may try to go to Cleveland.

spikerman
04-21-2015, 09:08 PM

On purpose?

BroncoWave
04-21-2015, 09:10 PM

My original plan was at Pitt but week 15 might be a bit cold for my taste. I am considering the Cleveland game as well.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
04-21-2015, 09:14 PM
Good looking schedule. Now I just need to decide what games I'm gonna be able to snatch up some tickets for.

jhildebrand
04-21-2015, 09:14 PM
3 of 4 at home to finish the season will be needed and nice.

spikerman
04-21-2015, 09:20 PM
Hopefully Brock will be getting lots of playing time (and not because of injury).

broncosfannum24
04-21-2015, 09:31 PM
So we don't have to play at New England this year? Just wanting to confirm this. Seems like a normal thing to play at new England

spikerman
04-21-2015, 09:34 PM
So we don't have to play at New England this year? Just wanting to confirm this. Seems like a normal thing to play at new England

It seems like it, but a few of the posters have done some research that shows that it's not as one-sided as it seems.

BeefStew25
04-21-2015, 09:35 PM
SPIKE

what game we going to.

spikerman
04-21-2015, 09:36 PM
SPIKE

what game we going to.

That GB game is intriguing. What are you thinking, buddy?

VonDoom
04-21-2015, 09:39 PM

It seems like it, but a few of the posters have done some research that shows that it's not as one-sided as it seems.

Correct. No conspiracy theories - it's just the way the schedule has worked. NE comes to Denver this year (obviously) and will do so again in 2017 GUARANTEED (when we play the AFC East again, where it will reverse the home/away games from last year). If we finish in the same spot in the standings as NE this year (first, I would hope), we play them at home AGAIN next year as well. It all evens out eventually.

Dapper Dan
04-21-2015, 09:40 PM
On purpose?

Yeah. Tickets should br cheap. And the game is early. I might not get stabbed.

It's the site of my first broncos game 9 years ago.

Dapper Dan
04-21-2015, 09:41 PM
My original plan was at Pitt but week 15 might be a bit cold for my taste. I am considering the Cleveland game as well.

I cannot stand Pitt fans. Let me know if you decide on Cleveland.

underrated29
04-21-2015, 09:42 PM
GB, Chiefs or one other would be good. Warm enough still in fall and good games

BeefStew25
04-21-2015, 09:50 PM
That GB game is intriguing. What are you thinking, buddy?

May target the Viking game. I need to check with Layne because I like sitting next to him and running my mouth.

spikerman
04-21-2015, 09:52 PM
May target the Viking game. I need to check with Layne because I like sitting next to him and running my mouth.

You guys let me know. I'll bring the beer this time if you'll bring the veggie burgers.

BeefStew25
04-21-2015, 09:54 PM
You guys let me know. I'll bring the beer this time if you'll bring the veggie burgers.

Layne was a shitty wingman. The pregnant one liked me.

spikerman
04-21-2015, 10:00 PM
Layne was a shitty wingman. The pregnant one liked me.

That wasn't the blonde was it? She looked good!

BeefStew25
04-21-2015, 10:03 PM
That wasn't the blonde was it? She looked good!

At the tailgate? That was BDB's wench.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-21-2015, 10:08 PM
Veggie burgers, what the hay?

JPPT1974
04-21-2015, 10:16 PM
Oh love the schedule when the schedule is released!

underrated29
04-21-2015, 11:18 PM

Jeff is a vegetarian

Pudge
04-21-2015, 11:39 PM

Back off my homie, bro

Denver Native (Carol)
04-22-2015, 10:21 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Every schedule comes with its own ups and downs, but John Elway sees some big positives with the Broncos' 2015 schedule, which was released on Tuesday.

From opening the season at home to a later bye week to closing the season on a homestand, the Executive Vice President of Football Operations/General Manager noted some of the benefits of this season's layout. On the other side of that, he picked out the early road stretches as possible tough spots, as well as the general difficulty of the schedule.

"Obviously we’ve got to get off to a quick start with four out of our first six on the road," Elway said. "But to open at home will help, and then a short week that following week, I think overall it’s a—for having to play seven playoff teams—it’s a decent schedule."

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/John-Elway-breaks-down-the-Broncos-2015-schedule/24f1a347-894f-4417-a171-0ef8023e5e1b

Buff
04-22-2015, 10:31 AM
Yes, I'm sure the NFL built their entire schedule around this possibility

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that it was one factor in their ongoing quest to get more ratings.

BigDaddyBronco
04-22-2015, 10:35 AM
At the tailgate? That was BDB's wench.

LOL. It was the Rasta Lion shirt!

BigDaddyBronco
04-22-2015, 10:36 AM

I'll take care of you Jeff.

Valar Morghulis
04-22-2015, 10:45 AM
Looking forward to the new schedule wallpaper being made...... Chop chop

Merc
04-22-2015, 12:35 PM
That's OK. Let's get Arrowhead out of the way, early. I never feel good, about that game.

Valar Morghulis
04-22-2015, 12:57 PM
16-0.

Magnificent Seven
04-22-2015, 01:23 PM
I think I am going to two night games. Packers and Patriots. I was wondering how much to rent a suite at Mile High Stadium? We are planning to get a suite together.

WARHORSE
04-22-2015, 01:42 PM

Say no to veggie burgers....theyll kill ya. Chemical patties. Veggies dont grow in burgers.

Man was meant to launch himself onto the back of a charging piece of meat, in order to bring it down, kill it and eat it.

Or if hes not feelin frisky that day to just shoot it with grill and condiments in tow.

:beer:

underrated29
04-22-2015, 01:49 PM
I think I am going to two night games. Packers and Patriots. I was wondering how much to rent a suite at Mile High Stadium? We are planning to get a suite together.

Like a box suite? I know they are pretty damn expensive. Ive had the luxury of using them quite a few times at the avs games because of friends or businesses but Ive never had to pay so I dont know exactly. I just know they cost a lot!

VonDoom
04-22-2015, 02:24 PM
That's OK. Let's get Arrowhead out of the way, early. I never feel good, about that game.

This is a good point that I didn't think of. Every year, we complain that we have to go to Arrowhead in December so at least that's not an issue this year.

VonDoom
04-22-2015, 02:26 PM
I know plenty of people think the schedule release is boring, but it's always fascinating to me in terms of how they put all these games together and deal with the conflicts. Peter King has a column up today (similar to the one last year) about all the interesting scheduling quirks and how it came to be. Good read if you're into that thing. As it pertains to the Broncos, a couple of pieces from the article:

Denver. Just look at the Broncos’ schedule. It’s like every week is prime time. Lions, Packers, Patriots on Sunday night. Chiefs on Thursday. Bengals on Monday. Five national doubleheader late-Sunday-window games. Man, what will the league do when Peyton Manning retires?

Oakland. Raiders and Broncos have both been told the Denver-Oakland series could flip-flop … because the Raiders have the men of Manning at home on what could be an American League playoff weekend, Oct. 11.

To that last point, I hope they don't end up flipping those games, because it would give us three straight road games in weeks 13-15. I'd rather avoid that if possible, so I guess root against the A's?

The rest: http://mmqb.si.com/2015/04/22/nfl-schedule-release-pope/

tomjonesrocks
04-22-2015, 02:33 PM
Hmm. To go or not to the 12/6 Chargers game.

I'm definitely tired of being on the opposite side of fans in what often are ultra-competitive games. It's also a terrible stadium with loads of bad views.

But, am assuming this is Manning's farewell tour. And if Rivers gets traded that becomes an easy win.

BigDaddyBronco
04-22-2015, 03:56 PM
Like a box suite? I know they are pretty damn expensive. Ive had the luxury of using them quite a few times at the avs games because of friends or businesses but Ive never had to pay so I dont know exactly. I just know they cost a lot!

I thought they were like $20,000 a game or something like that.

VonDoom
04-22-2015, 05:34 PM
I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that it was one factor in their ongoing quest to get more ratings.

It's funny, because I dismissed this originally (and I still think it would have taken a lot of effort to project when Manning MIGHT break the record and lock that game in) but in regards to ratings, there is definitely some truth to that. I forgot to post this from the Peter King article before, but it's applicable here.

Katz and his group decided to dictate approximately 50 “must-haves” to the 136 computers, and then ask the computers to spit out schedules including all 50 of those conditions, such as:

• Tom Brady at Peyton Manning on Sunday night of Thanksgiving weekend. Three national TV games on Thanksgiving. College games on Friday and Saturday. A slate of NFL games Sunday during the day. Katz thought there had to be a marquee attraction for the last game of the four-day Thanksgiving break. He glued in New England-at-Denver.

Buff
04-22-2015, 05:44 PM
It's funny, because I dismissed this originally (and I still think it would have taken a lot of effort to project when Manning MIGHT break the record and lock that game in) but in regards to ratings, there is definitely some truth to that. I forgot to post this from the Peter King article before, but it's applicable here.

That confirms what I'd suspected... There are like 4 million variables, some are deal breakers and some are nice-to-haves. This probably fell under the nice-to-have category, and all things being equal if it came down to having this game in week 9 or week 17, they would default back to their nice-to-have.

Magnificent Seven
04-23-2015, 01:17 PM
Vegas has Broncos as four-point favorites vs. Ravens in opener.

Las Vegas may not view the Broncos as favorites to win it all this season, but Denver is expected to win its first game with Gary Kubiak as head coach — against his former team.

Hours after the 2015 schedule was released, multiple sports books posted lines for every Week 1 matchup. The Broncos, who host the Ravens in their season-opener on Sept. 13, are favored by four points by both Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook and CG Technology. William Hill has the Broncos as 4.5-point favorites.

As ProFootballTalk noted Wednesday, the spread says a lot about how Vegas view the two teams, following their offseason changes. In the 2012 divisional playoffs, the Broncos were nine-point favorites over the Ravens, who went on to win the Super Bowl. In the 2013 season-opener, the Broncos were 7.5-point favorites and won, 49-27.

Now the Broncos are favored by only four points, much of which may be due to their home-field advantage.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2015/04/22/vegas-has-broncos-as-4-four-point-favorites-vs-ravens-in-opener/33713/

dogfish
04-24-2015, 12:51 AM
I thought they were like $20,000 a game or something like that.

no prob, we'll just have layne pay for it. . .