PDA

View Full Version : Chris Harris & CJ Anderson presser 4/20/15

VonDoom
04-20-2015, 01:50 PM
Two of my favorite current Broncos were made available to the press today. Of course, a bunch of reporters are there and posting on Twitter.

Harris:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Chris Harris Jr. says the defense will rely more on him & Talib to make plays. "We're going to be out there on an island a lot."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos' Chris Harris on any regret signing before getting on the open market. "If I hit the market I wouldn't bne here. I am happy here."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Harris says DBs have a lot of guys that can play multiple positions if needed (CB or safety) -- not just Roby, but himself & Kayvon Webster.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 49s50 seconds ago

Harris, on whether he'd like to see a specific team in Wk 1: "I really don't care." Adds best thing about schedule is not having to go to NE

CJ:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 59s59 seconds ago

CJ Anderson not taking anything for granted. "I know the talent in running back room. I have to bring lunch pail and hard hat."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 1m1 minute ago

"I’m just a kid living the dream, trying to work hard every day.” - @cjandersonb22

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 29s29 seconds ago

CJ Anderson has talked to Justin Forsett a lot about the new offense. As recently as two weeks ago. "Hearing it from player to player helps"

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 28s29 seconds ago

C.J. Anderson says the adjustment to the new offense "is coming along better" this week after a week to begin studying it.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

C.J. Anderson has no personal statistical goals; his only goal is "win the Super Bowl."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

Anderson says that Manning is more vocal this week than last week. "I guess (the revised offense) is starting to click for him."

underrated29
04-20-2015, 02:03 PM
Good!! We are a man CB team, not built for all that zone Del rio made us play. Thank you Wade for seeing it!!! Also, allows for a few blitzeys, maybe? Mhmm. Me thinks so.

VonDoom
04-20-2015, 02:25 PM
Good!! We are a man CB team, not built for all that zone Del rio made us play. Thank you Wade for seeing it!!! Also, allows for a few blitzeys, maybe? Mhmm. Me thinks so.

On a similar note, Legwold quoted Harris after the press conference this way:

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 20m20 minutes ago

And @ChrisHarrisJr if he should have been on Hilton in playoff loss: “Oh yeah ... that’s what God put me on this earth for, guys like him,’’

Ziggy
04-20-2015, 02:28 PM
Wade has always ran an aggressive blitzing scheme. He also has built his reputation on using players the way they should be used. This defense should be night and day from last season. Not only will we see Harris and Talib on islands playing press man coverage most of the time, we also won't see Von dropping into coverage much on passing downs. Using our superstar pass rusher to rush the passer. What a great idea!

Denver Native (Carol)
04-20-2015, 06:55 PM
Despite acsension, Anderson to stick to routine

C.J. Anderson explains why he'll work just as hard this offseason after a breakout 2014 and what to expect from this new Denver offense.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Despite-acsension-Anderson-to-stick-to-routine-/292de69c-77b2-4726-8951-a95b1f70b69a

Healthy Harris Jr. embraces role under Phillips

Chris Harris Jr. doesn't have to spend this offseason recovering from an injury and is looking forward to how he'll fit in Wade Phillips' scheme.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Healthy_Harris_Jr_embraces_role_under_Phillips/3d1c4fad-1f9e-456f-b39b-e5836d79acae

dogfish
04-21-2015, 10:55 AM
two of my favorite guys on the current team. . .

VonDoom
04-21-2015, 12:24 PM
two of my favorite guys on the current team. . .

Damn straight. That's the first thing I wrote when I started this thread. Hard not to like those guys.