PDA

View Full Version : Gary Kubiak: Broncos have made progress with new O

Denver Native (Carol)
04-18-2015, 07:12 PM
Gary Kubiak likes what he sees so far from the Denver Broncos.

Especially on offense, where the newly hired coach conducted classroom sessions this week to begin mixing elements of his boot-heavy, play-action attack with last year's playbook. So far, so good.

"Crossing the schemes, so to speak, was very, very easy. It was really more about verbiage than anything else," Kubiak said Friday, per the team's official website. "What I tried to do is the things that were very close, I tried to hang on to the verbiage that they had been talking here in the past, because I think that made it easier for the players.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000486227/article/gary-kubiak-broncos-have-made-progress-with-new-o

DenBronx
04-18-2015, 09:33 PM
Well of course he would say that. He inherited a better team.

Jsteve01
04-19-2015, 09:12 AM
Well of course he would say that. He inherited a better team. dude we get it. You liked Fox. Can you check the negativity? Fox was Marty Schottenheimer with a hof qb. We needed to try something new.

DenBronx
04-19-2015, 11:04 AM
Well of course he would say that. He inherited a better team. dude we get it. You liked Fox. Can you check the negativity? Fox was Marty Schottenheimer with a hof qb. We needed to try something new.

I didn't bring up Fox at all.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-19-2015, 11:20 AM
from article 3-29-15

Fox and Broncos general manager John Elway had their differences, too, but for clarity, this coach wasn't necessarily fired. The Broncos announced it was a mutual parting of ways and that wasn't just organizational spin. Fox seemed to have the Bears' job lined up in case the Broncos imploded in the playoffs. And, sure enough, Denver delivered a pathetically lethargic performance while losing at home to the underdog Indianapolis Colts.

Within hours, Fox was the front-runner to coach the Bears.

We'll never know for certain whether Elway — extremely disappointed in how his team lost its final game each of the past three seasons — would have fired Fox had the coach not made the first move. What is certain is Elway wasn't about to stop Fox from leaving.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_27806660/john-fox-isnt-only-coach-to-lose-job-after-posting-successful-season

Bosco
04-19-2015, 11:40 AM
Glad to see they are keeping most of the old verbiage. That will make the transition a lot easier for the players.

Simple Jaded
04-19-2015, 06:35 PM
Glad to see they are keeping most of the old verbiage. That will make the transition a lot easier for the players.

Glad to see they're bringing back the FB position too. Amirite?

Tned
04-20-2015, 07:47 AM
Glad to see they're bringing back the FB position too. Amirite?

I'm mixed. Generally speaking, and in a Kubiak offense, I love having the FB back. I want to see the little flare/swing passes floating to the uncovered FB, and love the FB jamming his nose into the line to really sell the play fake.

That said, I think to really utilize Manning's talent, you need to spend a lot of time spreading things out and that includes running from the spread formations. Last season, Broncos were running multiple TE's, sometimes an extra OL or two.

Ziggy
04-20-2015, 03:53 PM
I'm mixed. Generally speaking, and in a Kubiak offense, I love having the FB back. I want to see the little flare/swing passes floating to the uncovered FB, and love the FB jamming his nose into the line to really sell the play fake.

That said, I think to really utilize Manning's talent, you need to spend a lot of time spreading things out and that includes running from the spread formations. Last season, Broncos were running multiple TE's, sometimes an extra OL or two.

Don't forget the other purpose of the FB Tned. Keeping the QB protected on long passing downs. The best way to utilize Manning's talent is to keep him upright.

DenBronx
04-20-2015, 04:40 PM

Don't forget the other purpose of the FB Tned. Keeping the QB protected on long passing downs. The best way to utilize Manning's talent is to keep him upright.

Shouldn't need a FB for that. That's the OLs job. Are we incapable of drafting or picking one up?

Denver Native (Carol)
04-20-2015, 04:58 PM
Shouldn't need a FB for that. That's the OLs job. Are we incapable of drafting or picking one up?

Isn't the first responsibility of the OL to take care of the other teams DL?

Ziggy
04-20-2015, 05:53 PM

Ever hear of a blitz? When the other team sends more than you have blockers for, the back picks up the extra man. And no offensive line wins their battles every time.