PDA

View Full Version : Back at '100 percent,' Danny Trevathan ready to roll

Denver Native (Carol)
04-18-2015, 04:45 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- You can call it a comeback, even though Danny Trevathan has been here for years.

When team-organized workouts began Monday, the fourth-year linebacker was right there with his fellow Broncos, lifting, pulling, lunging and running. No one was happier for the chance to start anew after a 2014 season wrecked by three injuries around the knee -- two bone fractures and finally, on Dec. 14, a disclocated kneecap that dealt a knockout blow to a season in which he played just three games.

"It's doing good, man," he said after his workout Thursday. "I feel like last year was a setback, but this year is a big comeback for me. They've been doing a good job in the treatment room with me, and I've just been pushing it and being smart about it."

It took Trevathan 54 days to return from the first fracture, suffered in a training-camp practice Aug. 12. The second fracture, incurred early in the Oct. 12 win over the New York Jets, led to a 63-day recovery and rehabilitation before his season ended on the day of his second return at San Diego.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Back-at-100-percent-Danny-Trevathan-ready-to-roll/62548a44-de23-4584-80ec-722ed84469b5

GEM
04-18-2015, 04:50 PM
I hope this was just that, injury. I hope his knees aren't glass. Really like him!

Denver Native (Carol)
04-18-2015, 05:08 PM
I hope this was just that, injury. I hope his knees aren't glass. Really like him!

The first step was recovering from the knee problems during the last four months.

"I'm 100 percent," he said. "I've got a new kneecap, and I'm just working as hard as I can, man. It feels good to have a new kneecap."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Back-at-100-percent-Danny-Trevathan-ready-to-roll/62548a44-de23-4584-80ec-722ed84469b5

Valar Morghulis
04-18-2015, 05:14 PM
Hmm - HGH me thinks.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-18-2015, 07:06 PM
*fingers crossed *

SoCalImport
04-19-2015, 12:49 AM
Great news

DenBronx
04-19-2015, 11:09 AM
Danny T is actually a damn good LB. If there is one thing im excited about this year it is the 3-4 defense with these LBs. Ware, Marshall, Trevathan and Miller is a very solid core. Having them all on the field I think is a priority.

GEM
04-20-2015, 08:42 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Back-at-100-percent-Danny-Trevathan-ready-to-roll/62548a44-de23-4584-80ec-722ed84469b5

Heard that from Courtney Brown as well...

They always say they are good, it's what happens on the field that defines if it's true or not.

TXBRONC
04-20-2015, 09:07 AM
Heard that from Courtney Brown as well...

They always say they are good, it's what happens on the field that defines if it's true or not.

It doesn't mean he's being less than honest. He may very well be healthy but doesn't mean his body will hold up to pounding it will take over the course of a season.

GEM
04-20-2015, 09:20 AM
It doesn't mean he's being less than honest. He may very well be healthy but doesn't mean his body will hold up to pounding it will take over the course of a season.

And that is exactly what I said with the first post.

Never said he wasn't being honest. Sometimes injuries are career ending, I hope that's not the case here.

Ziggy
04-20-2015, 02:29 PM
We definitely need some linebacker depth out of this draft. I wouldn't be surprised to see as many as 3 selected by the Broncos this year.

Canmore
04-21-2015, 01:45 AM
And that is exactly what I said with the first post.

Never said he wasn't being honest. Sometimes injuries are career ending, I hope that's not the case here.

I think your worries are well founded.

GEM
04-21-2015, 08:56 AM
I think your worries are well founded.

Thank you, I thought I wasn't explaining myself well, but no other way to explain it. :laugh:

Denver Native (Carol)
04-21-2015, 11:56 AM
Exclusive interview with Mile High Report

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/4/20/8448003/broncos-danny-trevathan-ready-to-bring-it-this-season

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-21-2015, 05:53 PM
Did you listen Carol? Do you care to give the brief overview for those of us "working"? :-)

Denver Native (Carol)
04-21-2015, 09:51 PM
Did you listen Carol? Do you care to give the brief overview for those of us "working"? :-)

It's an article, not a video

BeefStew25
04-21-2015, 09:53 PM
Carol are both your kneecaps real?

spikerman
04-21-2015, 09:57 PM
It really sounds like the players were not happy with the defensive scheme last year. Of course, waiting to be punched in the mouth isn't much fun.

Az Snake
04-23-2015, 07:03 PM
After JDR put Danny back in the line-up and Danny went down again, I said "that's it".
I thought Danny wouldn't be able to recover to full strength ever again.

Perhaps with the state of the art knee cap replacement surgery Danny can return at full strength.
That would be amazing and if so, Danny should get "come back player of the year".

Denver really missed the speed, determination and hard licks by Danny T.
Danny could get to the outside as fast as any linebacker in the league.
He was great at spying on QBs that will take off and run like Russell Wilson and shut them down.
He could also cover receivers in the flats and on crossing routes.
Danny could sniff out trick plays like reverses and double reverses.

Danny was an outstanding athlete that let runners and receivers know they got hit.

Danny definitely seems to have a very positive mental attitude and truly wants to be back in form.
Strong minds can accomplish very strong things.
A 100% recovery would be incredible.

Here's wishing you the best Danny !!! :beer:

Canmore
04-23-2015, 08:41 PM
I'm hoping Snake, but it is looking like an uphill battle.

dogfish
04-24-2015, 12:55 AM
if thomas davis can come back, trevathan certainly has a shot. . . the further question then becomes whether he can stay healthy. . . we need some depth at the very least, for sure-- like ideally some starter-capable depth, preferrably in the draft. . . marshall is also coming off foot surgery a month or two back, so we're honestly really questionable inside right now. . .

Valar Morghulis
04-24-2015, 01:00 AM
if thomas davis can come back, trevathan certainly has a shot. . . the further question then becomes whether he can stay healthy. . . we need some depth at the very least, for sure-- like ideally some starter-capable depth, preferrably in the draft. . . marshall is also coming off foot surgery a month or two back, so we're honestly really questionable inside right now. . .

I would be contacting all-day's hgh dealer and getting myself dosed right up if I was Trevathan and Marshall - maybe even clady as well because lat session after his injury he was half the player he used to be.

Canmore
04-24-2015, 01:13 AM

This is so true. We are thin at inside linebacker. At least that is how it appears to me.

Ziggy
04-24-2015, 10:55 AM
Denver really missed the speed, determination and hard licks by Danny T.
Danny could get to the outside as fast as any linebacker in the league.
He was great at spying on QBs that will take off and run like Russell Wilson and shut them down.
He could also cover receivers in the flats and on crossing routes.
Danny could sniff out trick plays like reverses and double reverses.

Danny was an outstanding athlete that let runners and receivers know they got hit.

It's funny that you should talk about his speed and ability to cover. I agree with you, but it really echoes what Elway said in his draft presser. Some guys run faster in pads than the fast ones in shorts. Danny T ran a 4.84 40 at his pro day. That wasn't even an electronic timed 40. Pro day times are nearly always faster than real times in the 40. Trevathan runs faster in pads than guys that ran a 4.5 at the combine. One of the main reasons he dropped in the draft was because of that 40 time.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-27-2015, 10:11 PM
Danny was on with Vic tonight - here are the segments:

Danny Trevathan Wears His Surgery Scar Like A Badge Of Honor
http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/11434250-danny-trevathan-wears-his-surgery-scar-like-a-badge-of-honor/

Danny Trevathan Says He's Healed Following Season Of Injuries
http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/11434275-danny-trevathan-says-hes-healed-following-season-of-injuries/

Danny Trevathan Recalls His Rough Draft Day Experience
http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/11434260-danny-trevathan-recalls-his-rough-draft-day-experience/