PDA

View Full Version : From conference call on 4-17 with season ticket holders

Denver Native (Carol)
04-17-2015, 02:42 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 43m

OC Rick Dennison, on a conference call with season-ticket holders, says the RB group is "very deep."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 55m

Wade Phillips: "We're going to be very aggressive on defense ... That doesn't mean blitz all the time, but it does mean an aggressive look."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 1h

Kubiak: draft focus is "no doubt" on drafting best player available. "I think you get yourself in trouble sometimes drafting a position."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 2h

Gary Kubiak: @Broncos will "absolutely" have no-huddle offense as a part of the offense, with some "different things" added to it.

Kubiak says w/ 3-4 alignment, "we're going to be linebacker-heavy on the roster, and that should (also) help you on special teams."

Kubiak, on conf. call w/ season tix holders, says w/ a new coaching staff, there's "ground to make up...but the players are all the way in."

BeefStew25
04-17-2015, 02:46 PM
Carol do you have season tickets?

BroncoJoe
04-17-2015, 02:55 PM

Has Carol every responded to a question from you? I wonder if she'd ever come to a tailgate.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-17-2015, 03:25 PM

Beef, what is the percentage of answered questions you get from Carol?

:laugh:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-17-2015, 03:26 PM
ha, I see Joe asked the same question.

DenBronx
04-17-2015, 03:32 PM
Beef maybe send Carol a PM. You two just need to gel.

spikerman
04-17-2015, 04:09 PM
I listened to most of it. I got in with a question about how to transform from a finesse team to a bully (or something like that).

Denver Native (Carol)
04-17-2015, 04:28 PM
I listened to most of it. I got in with a question about how to transform from a finesse team to a bully (or something like that).

Thanks for staying on topic

BeefStew25
04-17-2015, 04:44 PM
Thanks for staying on topic

Season tickets are in the title. Don't you snark me woman.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-17-2015, 05:36 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Do you draft for need or do you select the best player available?

Head Coach Gary Kubiak believes there's "no doubt" about what a team should do and what the Broncos will do: they'll take the best player on their board.

"I think you get yourself in trouble sometimes just drafting a position, so to speak, because you may feel like you're deficient here or there and you need vast improvement there," Kubiak told approximately 2,100 season-ticket holders on a conference call Friday afternoon.

"You go get the best players, know where you're strong as a coach, know where you're strong as a team, play to those strengths and continue to work on those weaknesses or those things you have to improve."

Not drafting for need can create the perception of an imbalanced roster once the dust settles. But it's the coaches' job to coach up the players under their watch, and if there are areas of the roster that are weaker than others, develop the players on hand, maximize their abilities and minimize any deficiencies.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Kubiak-Draft-focus-on-best-player-available/cf171248-9399-41fc-bf43-82957b7f19f3

DenBronx
04-17-2015, 05:47 PM
Lol ... Carol put Beef on IGGY... Jrwiz style.

OrangeHoof
04-17-2015, 07:57 PM
Now, there's a blast from the past.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-18-2015, 09:55 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- So far, so good.

One week into the first offseason program of of the Gary Kubiak era, the Broncos' new head coach is pleased with how his team attacked the four days of Phase 1 work, which focused on individual strength and conditioning work and teaching in the teams' meeting rooms.

"The thing I've been most impressed with as we got going this week was just the commitment to doing things the right way," Kubiak told an audience of approximately 2,100 season-ticket holders on a conference call Friday afternoon.

"We've basically had everybody here except one or two faces this week. Your offseason program and your participation in this business says a lot about your football team, so I think from that standpoint I've been extremely impressed."

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/One-week-into-workouts-Kubiak-impressed-by-teams-commitment/628abcff-ae6c-4d8a-95f3-d22b5622058c

BeefStew25
04-20-2015, 08:55 AM
Carol hurts my soul.