PDA

View Full Version : Briefs: Tips from Peyton Manning give Cody Latimer jump on 2015

Denver Native (Carol)
04-15-2015, 05:41 PM
Second-year receiver Cody Latimer benefited from extra reps at workouts with Peyton Manning at Duke University. He received pointers that could accelerate his learning curve with the new offense. Manning had Latimer run routes that might be incorporated into the scheme of new Broncos coach Gary Kubiak.

"He texted me, and I asked if I could go down there," Latimer said of Manning. "It meant a lot."

Latimer spent his offseason training in Florida. "It really helped give me a headstart," he said.

Peat latest tackle to visit. The Broncos are casting a wide net in trying to find the right fit among right tackle candidates.

Footnote. Tight end James Casey signed his one-year, $1.25-million contract.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27920986/briefs-tips-from-peyton-manning-give-cody-latimer

TXBRONC
04-16-2015, 07:32 AM
If Latimer can develop to at least the same level of Decker Denver will have scary good recieving corps.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-19-2015, 11:24 AM
Wide receiver Cody Latimer opens a hallway door at Dove Valley and walks straight into the question that hung over him last season: Why couldn't he get on the field?

As the Broncos' second-round draft choice, he represented a prized rookie with breathtaking athletic ability. He jumped so high for passes during training camp, it appeared he might dunk the football off the defender's helmet. Latimer exited the visiting team's locker room at the Dallas Cowboys' AT&T Stadium after the final preseason game smothered in optimism.

Then he was gone. A ghost in uniform. Two catches, 23 yards, 37 offensive plays in 16 regular-season games.

"It took me too long to actually catch on," Latimer said. "I was in the playbook, but I could have done even more. When I actually got it, it was too late. It was just way different (than college). I would know the play, then Peyton (Manning) would change it. Then I'd get to thinking too much and play slower."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27943374/cody-latimer-receptive-playing-big-role-denver-broncos

Bosco
04-19-2015, 11:49 AM
If Latimer can develop to at least the same level of Decker Denver will have scary good recieving corps. I agree. I think there are a lot of people expecting us to run a lot of two tight end and/or two back personnel sets, but I don't see that happening at all with a supremely talented Latimer joining Thomas and Sanders. You simply find a way to get those guys on the field.

TXBRONC
04-19-2015, 05:26 PM
I agree. I think there are a lot of people expecting us to run a lot of two tight end and/or two back personnel sets, but I don't see that happening at all with a supremely talented Latimer joining Thomas and Sanders. You simply find a way to get those guys on the field.

I still expect that Denver will run the ball. What that will look like remains to be seen but given Kubiak's background a fullback and two tight ends will be used.

DenBronx
04-19-2015, 05:37 PM
If Latimer can develop to at least the same level of Decker Denver will have scary good recieving corps.

That's a tall order my friend. Decker put up huge numbers here.

TXBRONC
04-19-2015, 05:50 PM
That's a tall order my friend. Decker put up huge numbers here.

I know.