weazel
04-15-2015, 05:21 PM
38 minutes to the first puck drop!

Go Blackhawks!

underrated29
04-15-2015, 05:39 PM
38 minutes to the first puck drop!

Go Blackhawks!

Did you do your bracket on NHL.com? I just did mine. Had to throw a few upsets and whatnot in. Who do you have? Here is mine:
PS- Go hawks and F the wings and wild. Ducks too.

blues own wild in 5
Hawks in 6
ducks sweep the jets
flamers in 7

habs in 6
Bolts in 6
rangers in 7
caps in 6

Bracket then goes:

hawks over blues
ducks over flames
tampa sadly over habs
rangers over caps

Then hawks over ducks and bolts over rangers. hawks and bolts in the cup with hawks on top again!

SR
04-15-2015, 09:18 PM
I did mine but I don't remember who I picked. Went with my gut, didn't make any changes once I set it, and that's that.

weazel
04-16-2015, 09:21 AM
Did you do your bracket on NHL.com? I just did mine. Had to throw a few upsets and whatnot in. Who do you have? Here is mine:

blues own wild in 5
Hawks in 6
ducks sweep the jets
flamers in 7

habs in 6
Bolts in 6
rangers in 7
caps in 6

Bracket then goes:

hawks over blues
ducks over flames
tampa sadly over habs
rangers over caps

Then hawks over ducks and bolts over rangers. hawks and bolts in the cup with hawks on top again!

we have the same exact first round.
same second round except I went with the Blues over the 'hawks
third I have Blues over Ducks and Rangers over TB
Rangers over Blues in the Cup.

My initial setting was Chicago over TB in the final but I had to change it up as almost everyone in my group had that. If everyone is the same it's tough to win the pool money.

weazel
05-06-2015, 01:37 PM
Where the hell is King? I expected him to chime in here...

That Flames-Ducks game was great last night.

Go Blackhawks!

underrated29
05-06-2015, 01:43 PM
I was rocking the first rd until the wild beat the blues. Had the sweep and everything. I hate the wild so much!

And the hawks are sexy!

weazel
05-06-2015, 01:46 PM
I was rocking the first rd until the wild beat the blues. Had the sweep and everything. I hate the wild so much!

And the hawks are sexy!

I can't believe the Blues... they're the new Sharks. Every season I think they will take the next step but just don't. They are very deep both offensively and defensively but are missing a strong goaltender and maybe that one elite star that can take a game over. Don't get me wrong, I would rather have the 'hawks play the Wild as they are an easier team to play, not near as physical.

My bracket isn't doiong well in the West... I have the East locked down though.

Poet
05-06-2015, 01:46 PM
I am here! 'Hawks look good. The Predators were a much stronger team than I gave them credit for. The Wild...they're weird. I guess we're a bad matchup for them because we have the ability to mitigate their neutral zone play with our finesse game, but man they don't like that great. But they were superb against the Blues, and Saint Louis had a very potent hockey team.

weazel
05-06-2015, 01:47 PM
I am here! 'Hawks look good. The Predators were a much stronger team than I gave them credit for. The Wild...they're weird. I guess we're a bad matchup for them because we have the ability to mitigate their neutral zone play with our finesse game, but man they don't like that great. But they were superb against the Blues, and Saint Louis had a very potent hockey team.

Dubnyk is looking normal again... he was otherworldly for a while and that made them look better than they were I think.

Poet
05-06-2015, 01:48 PM
Dubnyk is looking normal again... he was otherworldly for a while and that made them look better than they were I think.

How much do you think he hates Kane? Kane habitually styles on him.

weazel
05-06-2015, 01:49 PM
How much do you think he hates Kane? Kane habitually styles on him.

lmao he has such a quick release. Dubnyk actually faked himself out on that shot, he thought for sure Kane was going short side top corner. Gotta give it up for Crow as well... He's been good since gaining the net again.

Poet
05-06-2015, 01:50 PM
lmao he has such a quick release. Dubnyk actually faked himself out on that shot, he thought for sure Kane was going short side top corner.

I think he really hates Patrick Kane.

I also know that I'm horrified of the Ducks.

underrated29
05-06-2015, 01:56 PM
The Ducks we knew were going to be good. And we knew that they would destroy the flamers, but even then I don't think anyone knew they would be playing the way they are right now. They remind me a lot of the Kings championship teams. Big, Strong, Fast, relentless and no major weaknesses.

I am pulling for the hawks but the ducks series is going to be really really tough.

Poet
05-06-2015, 02:07 PM
One of my buddies who plays collegiate hockey described the Ducks/Flames series as a bunch of talented veterans who are starting to be conscious of a window of opportunity versus a bunch of young guns who are in over their heads.

underrated29
05-06-2015, 02:36 PM
Pretty much.

Its a good think Kane and Teows are warming up. We will have be clicking on all cylinders to take down Getzlaf and the quack.

Poet
05-16-2015, 02:14 PM
'Hawks in 4. **** Anaheim!

weazel
05-19-2015, 10:21 AM
Dunno if I posted it here before the series but I definitely did on the hawks forum... The Rozsival injury is going to really hurt this team and I don't think they will win the series with the shallow defense. Rozsival played 18-21 minutes a game while Timonen has averaged 6-8 minutes a game, now you have to play Rundblad another 6-8 minutes a game. So now you basically have 4 defensemen playing way too many minutes and two guys who only play 6-10 minutes and can't really be trusted when they are on the ice. It's just too much for the top 4 and it showed in the first game, it's too much. Hjalmarsson looked like he was going to die out there at one point.

Poet
05-19-2015, 02:32 PM
I am a little more optimistic. The 'Hawks could have literally been up 5-1 halfway through the second period. Between some fortuitous bounces of the puck and some insane saves that no goalie can consistently make the Ducks got back in it. That injury to Ros does ******* suck ass, but it is what it is.

underrated29
05-19-2015, 02:38 PM
I am a little more optimistic. The 'Hawks could have literally been up 5-1 halfway through the second period. Between some fortuitous bounces of the puck and some insane saves that no goalie can consistently make the Ducks got back in it. That injury to Ros does ******* suck ass, but it is what it is.

All we needed to do was steal one at home from the ducks. We can do that tonight. Once the series goes back to Chicago it will be like Godzilla when he runs into power lines. Charged up destruction

weazel
05-19-2015, 03:26 PM
Well let me put it this way... if they decide to give more minutes to Timonen and Cumiskey can come in and eat some minutes without coughing the puck up like Runblad does, than yes, the 'hawks can definitely win the series. Otherwise, running on 4 Dmen is not a recipe for success.

I would go as far as to say they should dress 7 defensemen (maybe call up Johns), it's working for Tampa

underrated29
05-19-2015, 03:49 PM
Well let me put it this way... if they decide to give more minutes to Timonen and Cumiskey can come in and eat some minutes without coughing the puck up like Runblad does, than yes, the 'hawks can definitely win the series. Otherwise, running on 4 Dmen is not a recipe for success.

I would go as far as to say they should dress 7 defensemen (maybe call up Johns), it's working for Tampa

This will be the best series hands down. Whoever wins this series is also going to win the cup. I am hoping for an original 6 cup.

Poet
05-19-2015, 04:13 PM

Game 2 - 'Hawks 45 - insurance birds 0.

Pudge
06-15-2015, 09:54 PM
Congrats king

underrated29
06-15-2015, 11:41 PM

blues own wild in 5
Hawks in 6
ducks sweep the jets
flamers in 7

habs in 6
Bolts in 6
rangers in 7
caps in 6

Bracket then goes:

hawks over blues
ducks over flames
tampa sadly over habs
rangers over caps

Damn I was close! If the ******* wild didn't blow it I would've been in the running for 250k....or 25k or whatever the top prize was. God I hate the wild!

Poet
06-15-2015, 11:50 PM
It's fun to be a 'Hawks fan.

SR
06-16-2015, 06:17 AM
Damn I was close! If the ******* wild didn't blow it I would've been in the running for 250k....or 25k or whatever the top prize was. God I hate the wild!

My bracket was all kinds of screwed up, but I got the Champs right.

weazel
06-16-2015, 09:01 AM
Blackhawks Baby!!!

BroncoJoe
06-16-2015, 09:23 AM
Tell you what - at the 8 minute mark which lasted for several minutes (don't remember if it was the 2nd or 3rd period) before the hawks first scored was some EXCITING hockey. Holy cow there were like 8-10 shots on goal from both teams.

CoachChaz
06-16-2015, 12:08 PM
**** the Blackhawks

weazel
06-16-2015, 01:21 PM
**** the Blackhawks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP5Yow0YGYE

weazel
06-16-2015, 01:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79vCiXg3njY

Poet
06-16-2015, 04:04 PM
**** the Blackhawks

Respect greatness.

Valar Morghulis
06-16-2015, 05:00 PM
I use to play Mario lemieux on the mega drive.

That's about all I know about nhl

weazel
06-17-2015, 09:20 AM

for those that dont buy their electronics from a Chinese distributor or a white non-descript van in the alley, a Mega Drive is a Sega Genesis.

CoachChaz
06-17-2015, 12:43 PM
**** the Blackhawks

Respect greatness.

I've been a NorthStars/Stars fan for 30+ years. I've earned the right to hate division rivals.

weazel
06-17-2015, 12:44 PM

for those that dont buy their electronics from a Chinese distributor or a white non-descript van in the alley, a Mega Drive is a Sega Genesis.

1992 - 1994 Sega hockey was the best of all time

Northman
06-17-2015, 12:53 PM
1992 - 1994 Sega hockey was the best of all time

Lol, my friend and i used to play that all the time. He used to crush me using that same one timer play. Pissed me off so much but i got his ass back in Mortal Kombat. lol

weazel
06-17-2015, 01:19 PM
Lol, my friend and i used to play that all the time. He used to crush me using that same one timer play. Pissed me off so much but i got his ass back in Mortal Kombat. lol

yep, the one timers were awesome in that game. Larmer to Roenick, unstoppable!

Northman
06-17-2015, 01:25 PM
yep, the one timers were awesome in that game. Larmer to roenick, unstoppable!

exactly.....

Valar Morghulis
06-17-2015, 02:02 PM
Yoga Flame