PDA

View Full Version : At 33, Broncos DeMarcus Ware still expects big things

Denver Native (Carol)
04-14-2015, 05:54 PM
His was a DeMarcus and Mr. Ware season.

Already on a fast track towards the Hall of Fame when he arrived in Denver last year, DeMarcus Ware quickly found his career prime gear, making g seven sacks through the Broncos' first six games in 2014.

Just as suddenly, Ware's sack production screeched to a halt. He made only three in the Broncos' final 11 games, none in the final five. He, Von Miller nor any Bronco blitzer sacked Indianapolis quarterback Andrew Luck during the Colts' surprising 24-13 second-round playoff victory at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

It is Ware's glowing career credentials — most notably 127 career sacks to rank 14th all-time — that shined a harsh spotlight on his late-season sack slump.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27913074/at-33-broncos-demarcus-ware-still-expects-big

DenBronx
04-14-2015, 05:58 PM
I fully expect him to have a huge year. Didnt he have some of his best years under Wade Phillips?

SR
04-14-2015, 06:32 PM
I fully expect him to have a huge year. Didnt he have some of his best years under Wade Phillips?

He had 20 sacks as an OLB in a Wade Phillips 3-4 defense

DenBronx
04-14-2015, 06:56 PM

He had 20 sacks as an OLB in a Wade Phillips 3-4 defense

That's without a Von Miller too. Pretty excited about our defense scheme. Long time supporter of the 3/4 defense anyway. Ware should be much more comfortable.

dogfish
04-14-2015, 07:23 PM
i am excited to see what those guys can do in wade's scheme, but we really do need to find one more edge rusher. . . at least somebody who can spell ware from time to time-- dude is old and has taken a pounding, we need to do a better job of managing his snaps and keeping him fresh. . .

BroncoWave
04-14-2015, 09:17 PM
i am excited to see what those guys can do in wade's scheme, but we really do need to find one more edge rusher. . . at least somebody who can spell ware from time to time-- dude is old and has taken a pounding, we need to do a better job of managing his snaps and keeping him fresh. . .

Some of you guys will worry about anything! ;)

SR
04-14-2015, 10:06 PM

I disagree greatly. He has and will take a lot less of a beating as a 3-4 OLB than be did the couple years he was a down lineman.

Besides that, make him earn the goddamn $10M he's making this year.

DenBronx
04-14-2015, 10:11 PM

Like the draft?

dogfish
04-14-2015, 10:40 PM
I disagree greatly.

well then i'll fight you!

(not really. . . i'm a wimp, and you look like you used to lift!)

i hear what you're sayin', but he IS 33 years old. . . and clearly wore down last year. . . also, he'll still be playing with his hand in the dirt in most of our nickel and dime packages-- he'll still be banging with O-tackles 40-45+% of his snaps. . . would be nice if he had something left for the playoffs this year, right?

Like the draft?

si, senor. . . we have ten picks, and it's a need. . . we could also dig through the veteran camp cuts in august if we don't hit in the draft. . . we have immediate needs at OL and safety, and depth needs at WR, ILB and possibly nosetackle as well. . . aside from maybe OL, though, it's not like we're desperate anywhere. . . the FO really should be able to take a BPA approach-- as long as that includes grabbing an OT with one of our first couple picks. . .

Ziggy
04-15-2015, 02:25 AM
This is the first time in a while he's been healthy in the off season. He averaged 15 sacks/year in Wade's scheme in Dallas with offenses game planning strictly for him. Wade will turn him and Von loose. Can't wait to see the damage.