PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak addresses players in Broncos first team meeting

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2015, 01:15 PM
Almost all Broncos players had received an introductory phone call from new coach Gary Kubiak a couple months ago.

At 8 a.m. Monday, they heard Kubiak speak in person. Kubiak held his first team meeting as the Broncos opened their offseason program with the conditioning phase.

After the team meeting, the defensive players hit the weight room under the direction of strength and conditioning coach Luke Richesson, while the offensive players gathered with their coaches for meetings. A couple hours later, the players switched with the offense pounding iron and the defense studying Wade Phillips’ new 3-4 defensive playbook.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2015/04/13/kubiak-addresses-players-in-broncos-first-team-meeting/33522/

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2015, 02:29 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 49m

Broncos bring out Emmanuel Sanders and DeMarcus Ware to media for first day. Both are great podium interviews.

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 51m

All Bronco players received workout Tshirts today with message: "Iron Sharpens Iron." Not original but always works in football locker rooms

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 59m

Three-WR set: Emmanuel Sanders just said he would move in to slot. 2nd-year WR Cody Latimer will be outside receiver.

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 32m

New yr, same expectations #Broncos -- @ESanders_10 said " If we don’t bring a Super Bowl to this city this year, then it’s a bust season.’

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 15m

LIVE on #Periscope: A quick wrap on today's Broncos press briefings: https://www.periscope.tv/w/Vw1HNzEyMzE4OTl8NDM4Nzk1NJ4FCo55grG8gKAGbVg2mLpP2O TWs-jj--Xq6unCDs5W …

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 50m

Ware, on whether he's ready to put on pads: "Right now, I'm not...but when the time comes to put the pads on, I'll be totally ready."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 51m

DeMarcus Ware on a Segway in Tokyo. Gotta admit, I wish I'd been there to witness that sight.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 54m

Ware said that Brandon Marshall and Danny Trevathan have been "moving around a bit" & have been pushing the young ILBs behind them.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 56m

Kubiak's message, per DeMarcus Ware: "The time is now."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 57m

Ware said Kubiak "called Luke (Richesson, strength coach) out," saying it was "his turn," to get team in shape. Richesson said he's ready.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 58m

DeMarcus Ware said Kubiak said success begins with "taking care of all the small things."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 1h

DeMarcus Ware says he's "really excited" about going back to OLB -- he says it will be less wear and tear.

Emmanuel Sanders wore a Nike T-shirt that read, "Iron Sharpens Iron." He said the entire team was issued shirts with that slogan.

Emmanuel Sanders said he will move into the slot in 3-WR sets, WRs coach Tyke Tolbert told him today.

Sanders said that C.J. Anderson "walked in with his chest a little bigger" when he arrived today.

Sanders: "We're going to be more of a balanced attack, more of a running style."

Sanders, on former teammate Troy Polamalu: "Every single day, he brought it ... the NFL is going to miss a guy like that."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 1h 1 hour ago

Sanders, on D. Thomas: "It's business, but at the end of the day, we missed him."
4 retweets 5 favorites

Sanders: "Demaryius isn't here? I didn't know," he said with a smile. "I know that he's working his butt off right now."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 1h 1 hour ago

Sanders says he has watched the film of the playoff loss "but that was last year ... we've got a totally different group of guys."
5 retweets 3 favorites

Sanders: "I believe in Cody (Latimer). He's a special player ... I think this is going to be the year that he jumps onto the map."

Sanders: "If we don't bring a Super Bowl to this city last year, then it's a bust season."

Sanders said Kubiak showed the team a 10-minute clip of plays from the past 20 Super Bowls.

Emmanuel Sanders says Kubiak's message today was "definitely world championship from the start."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 2h

Find out what jersey numbers the newest @Broncos, including Gino Gradkowski, will wear. http://dbron.co/6h2

Lindsay Jones @bylindsayhjones · 43m

Told @DeMarcusWare about @JJWatt's 61-inch box jump today. "OK, I've got to do 5-foot-2" We'll see about that.

Lindsay Jones @bylindsayhjones · 56m

DeMarcus Ware said he was able to cruise around Tokyo on a Segway, and wasn't recognized. I find that hard to believe.

Lindsay Jones @bylindsayhjones · 1h

Pretty clear demarcusware is excited about the return to a 3-4 defense and reunion with Wade Phillips. https://instagram.com/p/1bM7ZWhwcl/

Emmanuel Sanders says coaches have told him he'll play more in the slot in the 3 WR set this year. #Broncos

Emmanuel Sanders: "If it's not a world championship, it's a bust."

Less than a minute into the first offseason press conference at Dove Valley, and I've lost count of the references to "world championship"

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2015, 03:48 PM
Ware: 'This is a pressure defense'
DeMarcus Ware talks about playing for defensive coordinator Wade Phillips for the second time in his career.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Ware-This-is-a-pressure-defense/bd594330-342c-4c77-b19f-5ea177d43713

Sanders on season goals, playing in the slot
Emmanuel Sanders talks about starting his second season with the Broncos.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Sanders_on_season_goals_playing_in_the_slot/d64347ea-00cf-4494-80ae-2d01c7e0b976

Ziggy
04-13-2015, 03:56 PM
Championship or bust. How can you not like that as a fan of any team in any sport?

Bronco4ever
04-13-2015, 10:56 PM
Championship or bust. How can you not like that as a fan of any team in any sport?

For being the scrawniest guy on the field, I love how Sanders always brings it. One of the few who looked like they cared during the playoff loss.

Northman
04-13-2015, 11:00 PM

Do you think they hated the last 3 seasons? Im just checking because i want to be sure because ive been told if you dont settle for regular season wins it means you hate this team and franchise. lol

MOtorboat
04-13-2015, 11:07 PM
Yea, hard to really get up for this when at the very least we should of shown more than we did in the SB this year. All we can do at this point is hope we get back there for another chance but the Broncos blew a big opportunity last year.

Northman
04-13-2015, 11:17 PM
Kubiak's message, per DeMarcus Ware: "The time is now."

DeMarcus Ware said Kubiak said success begins with "taking care of all the small things."

Sanders: "We're going to be more of a balanced attack, more of a running style."

Sanders says he has watched the film of the playoff loss "but that was last year ... we've got a totally different group of guys."

Sanders: "I believe in Cody (Latimer). He's a special player ... I think this is going to be the year that he jumps onto the map."

Sanders: "If we don't bring a Super Bowl to this city last year, then it's a bust season."

Emmanuel Sanders says Kubiak's message today was "definitely world championship from the start."

Loving all this.

MOtorboat
04-13-2015, 11:23 PM
2014: Talk is cheap.
2015: Man, this is awesome!

Northman
04-13-2015, 11:29 PM
2014: Im too short
2015: Im still too short.