PDA

View Full Version : My God are we PRE-DICT-ABLE

SBboundBRONCOS
12-02-2007, 09:23 PM
the title says it all, what do you guys think. shanny and the defense just seems so stubborn to ever ever change their ways even when looking down a loaded barrel. the things that have plagued us this season plagued us again in this game, i am only going off of things people have been saying and what the stats say so please correct me if im wrong but

TE beat us all day

RBs (all of them) look like Probowlers against us

We throw the dang quick slant way to much

we dont try anything new on D, i honestly can not even remember the last time i saw a stunt or something to mix it up on defense more than 1-2 times a game

and many others what do you guys think

is it our predictability that makes us a bad team or is it something else :confused:

gobroncsnv
12-02-2007, 09:29 PM
TE beat us all day pass rush problem

RBs (all of them) look like Probowlers against us Dline and LB problem

We throw the dang quick slant way to much oline problem, not enough time for real patterns to develop.

we dont try anything new on D, i honestly can not even remember the last time i saw a stunt or something to mix it up on defense more than 1-2 times a game Shanny's presser said it all... guys need to show up if they want to be on the team next year.

and many others what do you guys think

is it our predictability that makes us a bad team or is it something else :confused:

I think we have coaches that have been able to succeed when they have the right players. Granted, Shanny doesn't have very far to look if he is dis-satisfied with his roster. We have some extremely foundational things to address in this pending off-season. If it does not happen, we already know what next year will look like.

DenBronx
12-02-2007, 09:50 PM
well i think coach ryan said it best. "if you can beat shanahan at his first 15 plays in the game then you have a good chance of winning" the reasoning behind that comment was shanahan comes out with the same game plan and same plays every single week. he has been doing this for years and id really like to see him get more aggresive and come up with some NEW plays that WORK. other defenses can read us like a book, the west coast offense is too predictable imo. you don't have to abandon it but it should be disguised a little better.

arapaho2
12-02-2007, 10:07 PM
i think it all boils down to defense..shanny cannot trust them to hold a lead or even stop the weakest offense so he's gotta try clock killing predictable drives that dont work mostof the time

what bothers me is the defense although crashed a bit lastseason which cost coyer his job..was near the top in rush defense and points allowed...this year we are dead last in both with better talent then last year

englegurger, doom, crowder, = engleburger, lang, ekuban
williams = wilson

abdullah+ fergusen
bly+ darrent
adams=warren
thomas+ veal

and we dropped so sudden and far and he refuses to do something about it

Stargazer
12-02-2007, 11:58 PM
More talent on defense wil equal more 3 & outs and more turnovers which will lead to more opportunities on offense.

There's no difference between a hooker & our defense. They both lay down & get paid to do it.

BaiLeY324
12-03-2007, 12:29 AM
i think it all boils down to defense..shanny cannot trust them to hold a lead or even stop the weakest offense so he's gotta try clock killing predictable drives that dont work mostof the time

what bothers me is the defense although crashed a bit lastseason which cost coyer his job..was near the top in rush defense and points allowed...this year we are dead last in both with better talent then last year

englegurger, doom, crowder, = engleburger, lang, ekuban
williams = wilson

abdullah+ fergusen
bly+ darrent
adams=warren
thomas+ veal

and we dropped so sudden and far and he refuses to do something about it

Acutally...

Engleberger, Dumervil, Crowder > Engleberger, Lang, Ekuban
Abdullah > Ferguson
Bly < Darrent
Adams <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Warren
Thomas = Veal

sneakers
12-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Acutally...

Engleberger, Dumervil, Crowder > Engleberger, Lang, Ekuban
Abdullah > Ferguson
Bly < Darrent
Adams <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Warren
Thomas = Veal

Engleberger(Dumerville * Cowder) - (Lang * Bly)^2 = (3*Furguson) + Darrent

omac
12-03-2007, 01:53 AM
I haven't been able to see the game yet, so I just looked at the play-by-play as well as the box score to get an idea of what happened.

I had a feeling Jay would have a hard time passing with Oakland; they're a pretty highly ranked pass defense, and according to some sportscasters, their corners are playing real well. I don't know if the 2 INTs were just bad passes, bad reads, bad routes, or great plays by the defense.

What concerns me more is that we couldn't run well against them; no consistency in the running game at all, and this is supposed to be against the worst rushing defense in the league. It makes me think Henry and Young weren't 100%; were they running with explosiveness? No matter, against this kind of rush defense, the running game should've excelled.

Another thing that concerns me is McCown getting 3 TDs; that's Josh McCown. Who did he beat with those TD throws? I think one of those TDs was against Bly. I wouldn't be surprised if Champ was beaten again. No matter, when you cheat to stop the rush, you gamble with the pass.

On Oakland rushing for 175 yards, I'm not too surprised about that. I was hoping Denver could keep them contained, but Fargas has been playing really well.

I also want to know, was Denver mentally in the game, or did they look like they were sleepwalking?

champbronc2
12-03-2007, 08:03 AM
I definetely agree.

They stuffed our run game because we ran on obvious downs, using the obvious stretch play.

Their playcalling was pretty good IMO. The rollout with McCown was genious on the crucial third and fourth down. I didn't even see it coming.

Shanny isn't as aggressive either. I did not like the XP instead of the 2 pt. conversion.

Even though it was a risk, we needed it.

SBboundBRONCOS
12-03-2007, 11:28 AM
well the XP was the right call

but we run it 1 and 2 down if they work and we get the first we run it again, if not we try to pass it and it backfires. its retardedly easy to see what the broncos are gonna do if they have most people on the line its a run and if we have more than 2 recievers its almost always a pass.

its never gonna work with the type of team we have, this offense needs big plays like against chicago to be good, we are not a clock eating team. you cant combine a finesse Oline with a power running back and try to waste the clock because it isnt gonna work

topscribe
12-03-2007, 11:49 AM
I didn't get a thing out of all this abstract algebra.

Anyway, the Broncos lost a whole lot in run defense when Ekuban went down.
That is where he arose in the last part of last season like a Grizzly from his
sleep. He was a beast, and the was counted on to continue it this year. Then
came the Warren debacle, where he was shipped off in lieu of a couple of DT
pretenders who have since been cut. And Warren was good in run defense. :tsk:

So you lose your best two run defenders off the DL, and what do you expect
will happen?

-----

Watchthemiddle
12-03-2007, 01:08 PM
I haven't been able to see the game yet, so I just looked at the play-by-play as well as the box score to get an idea of what happened.

I had a feeling Jay would have a hard time passing with Oakland; they're a pretty highly ranked pass defense, and according to some sportscasters, their corners are playing real well. I don't know if the 2 INTs were just bad passes, bad reads, bad routes, or great plays by the defense.

What concerns me more is that we couldn't run well against them; no consistency in the running game at all, and this is supposed to be against the worst rushing defense in the league. It makes me think Henry and Young weren't 100%; were they running with explosiveness? No matter, against this kind of rush defense, the running game should've excelled.

Another thing that concerns me is McCown getting 3 TDs; that's Josh McCown. Who did he beat with those TD throws? I think one of those TDs was against Bly. I wouldn't be surprised if Champ was beaten again. No matter, when you cheat to stop the rush, you gamble with the pass.

On Oakland rushing for 175 yards, I'm not too surprised about that. I was hoping Denver could keep them contained, but Fargas has been playing really well.

I also want to know, was Denver mentally in the game, or did they look like they were sleepwalking?

Both INTS were terrible throws. THe first one was in triple coverage, and the second Marshall was blanketed very well down the sideline and Cutler threw it off his back foot. Imagine that. :rolleyes:

THe team looked mentally in the game I thought but it was off and on. THey came out and matched a drive to the Raiders for a TD....and when they were down 24-7 came back and had several chances to take a lead. Just couldn't put it all together once again on offense with turnovers to actually do consistent good things on offense.

McCown looked like Manning out there. He beat Bly once, another TD had Porter I think it was WIDE open in the endzone, and I don't remember who got beat on the TD to the TE Miller. Not only did McCown look good against us, but Jamarcus Russell came in and played 2 series and moved the ball well. They definately beat us at our own game. RUnning the ball well, and then they BEAT us all day on the play action roll outs. RUssell did that well when he was in there.

Lonestar
12-03-2007, 03:40 PM
well i think coach ryan said it best. "if you can beat shanahan at his first 15 plays in the game then you have a good chance of winning" the reasoning behind that comment was shanahan comes out with the same game plan and same plays every single week. he has been doing this for years and id really like to see him get more aggresive and come up with some NEW plays that WORK. other defenses can read us like a book, the west coast offense is too predictable imo. you don't have to abandon it but it should be disguised a little better.

Ryan is wrong..

Mikey is testing the waters seeing how teams react to his formations to see how to exploit them later in the game..

Mikey is playing chess out there it was reported years ago about what he was attempting to do. If they do this when we do this, then we can do this and change it abit and do this to fake them out.

They rewrite the playbook (plays for the week) every week depending on who they are playing. Whether it is a good defense for rushing or passing . If they have any weaker players somewhere.

The ultimate chess player mikey is.. Does mikey like to get up big early sure he does but remember unless the game gets out of hand he is setting the defense up for a couple of killer back breaking plays.

Folks if you have not figured it out this team is a finesse team we do not go out and maul anyone.. Zone blocking is getting the DL to move one way or the other and let them all go that way and then let the RB cut back when he sees they are moving.. Once you have a 300 DT moving left or right it is hard for them to stop moving especially when we have another 290+ guy helping them..

SBboundBRONCOS
12-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Ryan is wrong..

Mikey is testing the waters seeing how teams react to his formations to see how to exploit them later in the game..

Mikey is playing chess out there it was reported years ago about what he was attempting to do. If they do this when we do this, then we can do this and change it abit and do this to fake them out.

They rewrite the playbook (plays for the week) every week depending on who they are playing. Whether it is a good defense for rushing or passing . If they have any weaker players somewhere.

The ultimate chess player mikey is.. Does mikey like to get up big early sure he does but remember unless the game gets out of hand he is setting the defense up for a couple of killer back breaking plays.

Folks if you have not figured it out this team is a finesse team we do not go out and maul anyone.. Zone blocking is getting the DL to move one way or the other and let them all go that way and then let the RB cut back when he sees they are moving.. Once you have a 300 DT moving left or right it is hard for them to stop moving especially when we have another 290+ guy helping them..

you are exactly right about the finesse part of this team, however we do not play that way we try to be tough and run up the gut in the redzone . . . this week it worked but the rest of the season we were stuffed behind the LOS forcing cutler to throw and if doesnt make the one play we kick. i say give cutler 2-3 chances once we are in the redzone instead of pissig away a down trying to run it or at least dont try the obvious run on first

thats what is so predictable about this team

Lonestar
12-03-2007, 05:32 PM
you are exactly right about the finesse part of this team, however we do not play that way we try to be tough and run up the gut in the redzone . . . this week it worked but the rest of the season we were stuffed behind the LOS forcing cutler to throw and if doesnt make the one play we kick. i say give cutler 2-3 chances once we are in the redzone instead of pissig away a down trying to run it or at least dont try the obvious run on first

thats what is so predictable about this team

I did not see the OAK game so if we were able to do that then it is an aberration. We simply do not have the horsepower to overwhelm goal line defenses. That in many cases out weigh our OLINE by 30-60 pounds a guy..

omac
12-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Both INTS were terrible throws. THe first one was in triple coverage, and the second Marshall was blanketed very well down the sideline and Cutler threw it off his back foot. Imagine that. :rolleyes:

THe team looked mentally in the game I thought but it was off and on. THey came out and matched a drive to the Raiders for a TD....and when they were down 24-7 came back and had several chances to take a lead. Just couldn't put it all together once again on offense with turnovers to actually do consistent good things on offense.

McCown looked like Manning out there. He beat Bly once, another TD had Porter I think it was WIDE open in the endzone, and I don't remember who got beat on the TD to the TE Miller. Not only did McCown look good against us, but Jamarcus Russell came in and played 2 series and moved the ball well. They definately beat us at our own game. RUnning the ball well, and then they BEAT us all day on the play action roll outs. RUssell did that well when he was in there.

Thanks for the feedback; I hope I'll be able to watch this game soon.

They way they run their offense, sounds like the Raiders are becoming the Broncos. :D

Watchthemiddle
12-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the feedback; I hope I'll be able to watch this game soon.

They way they run their offense, sounds like the Raiders are becoming the Broncos. :D

Exactly!!

We have kind of set the mold on how to run the ball and use the play action roll outs effectively. It makes sense that a new young coach on one of our divisional rivals would want to adopt that mold.

omac
12-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Exactly!!

We have kind of set the mold on how to run the ball and use the play action roll outs effectively. It makes sense that a new young coach on one of our divisional rivals would want to adopt that mold.

The Jaguars are also doing that pretty well, probably the best at it right now. David Garrard is having an excellent season. Also, they can run pretty effectively, even when the defense is set up to stop the run.