PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Mailbag: Why Demaryius Thomas' contract holdout may not work in his favor

Denver Native (Carol)
04-07-2015, 01:23 PM
Do you expect the Broncos to reach a long-term deal with Demaryius Thomas soon? Does it behoove them to get it done sooner rather than after the season?

—Ben N. Carmel, Ind.

Ben: If it gets done, it won't be until early July. At this point, I'd be surprised if a long-term agreement is reached unless Dallas can first sign receiver Dez Bryant to a long-term deal.

Thomas' agent, Todd France, will want to see Bryant's contract numbers first. Thomas could sign before Bryant if the Broncos offered their guy $16 million a year. But I don't think the Broncos would do that. Their offer last summer was for around $13 million a year.

The Broncos will pay Thomas $12.822 million on the franchise tag this year. That's pretty close to their offer on an average annual basis so the Broncos can afford to sit tight.

rest - plus questions/answers on other players

http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_27864694/broncos-mailbag-why-demaryius-thomas-contract-holdout-may

Valar Morghulis
04-07-2015, 02:16 PM
If he has not signed by training camp - i would just leave him franchised for the year and address it next off season when we either have the extra money from Manning and tie up DT and Von - or he will not have earned top money and will accept the 13 mil a year.

Live by the sword, die by the sword

dwenrhod
04-07-2015, 04:43 PM
With Thomas not being at camp at Duke, it helps Latimer get so many more reps, that's how it helps. DT knows Manning, and knows what he wants and already has his playbook. Clady holding out had nothing to do with his injuring his foot, suggesting such a thing is plain silly.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-07-2015, 05:13 PM
With Thomas not being at camp at Duke, it helps Latimer get so many more reps, that's how it helps. DT knows Manning, and knows what he wants and already has his playbook. Clady holding out had nothing to do with his injuring his foot, suggesting such a thing is plain silly.

Welcome to Broncos Forums. When did Kubes & Co hand out the playbooks?

tomjonesrocks
04-07-2015, 08:01 PM
I'll say it. I think he gets franchised until they can't anymore and he walks. I predict they never get this done.