PDA

View Full Version : Who do you see as our starting 11 on defense on opening day and in what positions?

iLands
04-06-2015, 11:54 PM
The 3-4 will change a lot, as will camp.

I'm imagining something like:

.................................................. .....Wolfe..........Sly..............Malik
..........................................Von..... ......Marshall..........Trev............Ware
.............................Talib................ .................................................. ........CHJ
..........................................Roby.... .................................................. ...........
.................................................. ..........................Ward.................... ............

What are your predictions for the season?

Tned
04-07-2015, 02:22 AM
I think you nailed nine spots for sure, with the questions being RDE and free safety.

I think Jackson has a good chance of being the starting RDE, and if I was going to pencil in my best guess, I would go with Wolfe and Jackson as the starters as well.

At safety, even though they've recently talked about giving Roby a try at safety, my money is on them leaving Roby at nickel/dime, which they will use a lot, and instead starting someone else (either Darian Stewart who they signed as a free agent, or another safety).

Rick
04-07-2015, 06:21 AM
I think you nailed nine spots for sure, with the questions being RDE and free safety.

I think Jackson has a good chance of being the starting RDE, and if I was going to pencil in my best guess, I would go with Wolfe and Jackson as the starters as well.

At safety, even though they've recently talked about giving Roby a try at safety, my money is on them leaving Roby at nickel/dime, which they will use a lot, and instead starting someone else (either Darian Stewart who they signed as a free agent, or another safety).

When they have mentioned Roby at safety it was only when in base, in nickel and dime they said he would still be corner, this was just to get him more snaps instead of being on the sideline when in base defense.

Ziggy
04-07-2015, 11:43 AM
When they have mentioned Roby at safety it was only when in base, in nickel and dime they said he would still be corner, this was just to get him more snaps instead of being on the sideline when in base defense.

I love that plan. It gets Roby on the field every snap and provides us a safety in base D that can cover tight ends and backs out of the backfield. Instead of the traditional nickel where you bring in an extra corner, Denver will bring in an extra safety and keep Roby in as corner.

Simple Jaded
04-07-2015, 11:09 PM
Kinda looks like you have Roby at SS and Ward at FS.

I think Jackson and Wolfe at DE.
Syl Will at NT

Miller at LOLB
Marshall at MIKE
Trevathon at MOE
Ware at ROLB

Talib at LCB
Harris Jr. at RCB (in base) and NB
Roby at FS and RCB (in Nickle)
Ward at SS

I'm guessing Bruton at S in Dime.

I wouldn't ignore the possility of a draft pick at one of the ILB spots, I just hope it's not Mini-me Perryman.

CoachChaz
04-08-2015, 09:10 AM
I think a lot of people are underestimating the quality of Darian Stewart and how much time he'll see on the field.