PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Bronco fan could use your help

Spiritguy
04-03-2015, 04:25 PM
Hi guys, there is a post over at OM about a member there by the name REQUIEM. He is struggling with severe kidney problems. I thought that those of you that know/knew of him would want to know.

This is the topic about his struggle. http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118438

Mods, feel free to move to another board or delete if it has already been shared.

SG

BroncoWave
04-03-2015, 05:01 PM
AKA, Dream. I always liked posting with him. Sad to hear that he is in this condition.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-03-2015, 05:16 PM
Hi guys, there is a post over at OM about a member there by the name REQUIEM. He is struggling with severe kidney problems. I thought that those of you that know/knew of him would want to know.

This is the topic about his struggle. http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118438

Mods, feel free to move to another board or delete if it has already been shared.

SG

Someone started a thread on BF about this a while back, but I am not sure where it is.

underrated29
04-03-2015, 05:20 PM
I started it, but I have no ideal how the hell to find it.

I started making up bad poetry to get people to donate.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-03-2015, 05:32 PM

Here it is - I clicked on your user name, and then clicked on find latest threads started

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/597076-Remember-DREAM-He-needs-your-help

Tned
04-03-2015, 06:08 PM

There is no bad poetry, just untalented people who think they can Rhyme.

underrated29
04-03-2015, 06:16 PM
Who said anything about thinking?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-03-2015, 06:42 PM

Here it is - I clicked on your user name, and then clicked on find latest threads started

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/597076-Remember-DREAM-He-needs-your-help

Now, THAT'S embarrassing.

CrazyHorse
04-05-2015, 12:12 AM
Can we bring him back? Why did he ever get banned?

NightTrainLayne
04-05-2015, 07:01 AM
Why did he ever get banned?

From the banned/suspended member thread:

Requiem 12/18/09 Permanent Failure to follow Mods directions and Persistent disruption by baiting/attacking other members.

There's at least one instance of him using a duplicate account to circumvent this ban.

SR
04-05-2015, 08:13 AM
From the banned/suspended member thread: There's at least one instance of him using a duplicate account to circumvent this ban.

I don't think I've ever "wanted" to being a banned member back but considering the circumstances I think we should at least extend the offer to him.

Northman
04-05-2015, 08:37 AM
Meh, i feel bad for him but he's had the kidney issues for quite a while and managed to get banned with said issue due to behavior. Chances are he is more happy at the Mane anyway as it gives him more free reign to be the kind of poster that he wants to be.

SR
04-05-2015, 10:24 AM
Meh, i feel bad for him but he's had the kidney issues for quite a while and managed to get banned with said issue due to behavior. Chances are he is more happy at the Mane anyway as it gives him more free reign to be the kind of poster that he wants to be.

Maybe he growed up

Northman
04-05-2015, 10:27 AM
Maybe he growed up

Perhaps, same could be said for Bojangles, OaklandRaider, and Jrwiz. Anything's possible.

SR
04-05-2015, 10:35 AM
Perhaps, same could be said for Bojangles, OaklandRaider, and Jrwiz. Anything's possible.

OR was a troll, as was Bojangles. Bojangles and Jr were grown ass men set in their ways. Dream, not unlike several other posters here, were punkass kids who thought they knew everything and could do no wrong. That's a phase. Jr's antics weren't a phase, it's who he was/is.

Northman
04-05-2015, 10:48 AM
OR was a troll, as was Bojangles. Bojangles and Jr were grown ass men set in their ways. Dream, not unlike several other posters here, were punkass kids who thought they knew everything and could do no wrong. That's a phase. Jr's antics weren't a phase, it's who he was/is.

I dont know man, there are plenty of men (myself included) that can act like jackasses on this site so age can be pretty irrelevant at times. My overall point was that just because Dream is going through a tough time with his health does not mean that he should be allowed back onto the forum. I pointed to those other guys because what if their health was bad? Do we learn to forgive them and let them back on too just because of it? Bottom line for me is 2 posters who frequent the Mane saw what was going on with him and pointed it out to us here. There is a link for anyone who wants to donate and if they wish they could easily sign up over there and wish Dream the best in his recovery. I actually signed in and went and wished him well as i never really had any issue with him personally. I just think certain posters like certain styles of posting, some more extreme than others and i think that Dream has found his niche over there at the Mane which probably fits his style more. Now, if the mods want to let him come back that is their call, no skin off my nose. I just dont think its really necessary despite the circumstances.

Simple Jaded
04-05-2015, 11:13 AM
I just turned 45, sometimes it's not a phase.

DenBronx
04-05-2015, 01:36 PM
Dream got banned bc he was a royal doosh! Maybe he's changed, I don't know. If we let that dude back then might as well let everyone else back too. Health issues shouldn't come into play here. By all means help the guy out and donate though because kidney failure sucks.

SR
04-05-2015, 01:51 PM
Dream got banned bc he was a royal doosh! Maybe he's changed, I don't know. If we let that dude back then might as well let everyone else back too. Health issues shouldn't come into play here. By all means help the guy out and donate though because kidney failure sucks.

Maybe he has been humbled

DenBronx
04-05-2015, 03:13 PM
Maybe. But then should we give everyone a clean slate and start over? Id say yes. Just to see all of the wars happen again. Lol

SR
04-05-2015, 04:26 PM
Maybe. But then should we give everyone a clean slate and start over? Id say yes. Just to see all of the wars happen again. Lol

Bring em back on a one and done basis, but don't tell em they're not banned anymore.

Shazam!
04-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Dream and his boy NuB were two immature arrogant douchebag trolls who are not missed. I wish him the best if health, but it doesn't change what people were here before.

Valar Morghulis
04-06-2015, 04:21 AM
I bet this thread took a turn the OP was not expecting

Slick
04-06-2015, 08:28 AM
Dream's a good kid. He and I are brothers in the fight. From what he's told me, he's doing better. Got his diet in order which is really important when you have shitty kidneys.

Spiritguy
04-06-2015, 12:07 PM
I bet this thread took a turn the OP was not expecting
It's all good. If there is one thing that is certain on any board it's that threads will wander all over the place. :beer: I didn't realize Req = Dream at the time of the post and I understand the debate about him. He frustrated me when he was here. :D I also appreciate the general feeling of compassion for him and his health that the board has shown. It's tough to go through something like that and not have it change you.

I tend to agree with a few of the posters that he has found his nitch over at OM and is happy and supported there. Hope his health continues to improve.

DenBronx
04-06-2015, 03:55 PM
I never got the hype about the OM. This board seems to be one of the best ones. Been posting with most everyone on here for 13 plus years, even before BF came about.

underrated29
04-06-2015, 04:42 PM
yes spirit, chris made his name here and at broncos country as dream and he is requiem at the OM, all based obviously, on the movie requiem of a dream. Or not so obviously if you have not seen the movie. I have not.

tubby
04-06-2015, 04:47 PM
Dream came to our tailgate once. Cool cat. I wish him the best.

DenBronx
04-06-2015, 04:52 PM
See that's the thing though. I like to give people the benifit of the doubt because guys might be different in real life as opposed to just posting online. You can't really judge someone just from online. In person you can...

I do wish the guy all the best in his health.

SR
04-06-2015, 08:19 PM
See that's the thing though. I like to give people the benifit of the doubt because guys might be different in real life as opposed to just posting online. You can't really judge someone just from online. In person you can... I do wish the guy all the best in his health.

All of the people I've met from this board in person are similar in person as online.

tomjonesrocks
04-06-2015, 08:54 PM
All of the people I've met from this board in person are similar in person as online.

That's an interesting statement. A forum you interact with in scant free moments for years in all mood states - and in person they're the same in only a brief meeting.

I've never met anyone on the forum (or any forum) so that's interesting.

SR
04-06-2015, 09:11 PM
That's an interesting statement. A forum you interact with in scant free moments for years in all mood states - and in person they're the same in only a brief meeting. I've never met anyone on the forum (or any forum) so that's interesting.

I've met BroncoJoe, Shake, pnbronco, dogfish, AZSnake, and Davii. Spent only a couple hours with the first few. Spent a good amount of time with AZSnake (he let me borrow his Vette for a week a few years back) and spent about half a day with Davii. I wouldn't say their online "persona" is any departure from their in person. There are a handful of guys here that I talk to offline pretty regularly and I would say the same of them. I don't act or speak any differently in person. I try to be as close in person as I do on here whether it's good or bad.

MasterShake
04-07-2015, 08:17 AM
I've met BroncoJoe, Shake, pnbronco, dogfish, AZSnake, and Davii. Spent only a couple hours with the first few. Spent a good amount of time with AZSnake (he let me borrow his Vette for a week a few years back) and spent about half a day with Davii. I wouldn't say their online "persona" is any departure from their in person. There are a handful of guys here that I talk to offline pretty regularly and I would say the same of them. I don't act or speak any differently in person. I try to be as close in person as I do on here whether it's good or bad.

Damn straight. I'm as charming and witty in real life as I am on here.

BroncoJoe
04-07-2015, 08:25 AM

And I'm a grumpy old man.

MasterShake
04-07-2015, 08:28 AM

You are. I like to picture you with a lawn chair and a baseball bat on your porch most evenings just waiting for those damn kids and that damn frisbee of theirs to land in your yard one more damn time. Of course you have old country music playing on a AM radio right next to you.

BroncoJoe
04-07-2015, 08:36 AM
You forgot to mention the Pabst Blue Ribbon. In a can.

SR
04-07-2015, 08:49 AM

Probably the most charming.

Rick
04-07-2015, 09:10 AM
I am exactly the same in RL as well.

MileHighCrew
04-07-2015, 09:22 AM

I like to think I am the same, of course you don't see me giving subbordinates shit or playing with my kids on here either. I never got the cool internet guy thing nor would I attempt to be one.
I'd love to buy any of you guys or gals a beer, anytime.

BroncoJoe
04-07-2015, 10:09 AM
Probably the most charming.

Shake is a good dude - you can just see it in his eyes. Nut would call them dreamy.

That said, I'll take offense to your comment.

tubby
04-07-2015, 10:16 AM

Man, I was holding out hope for you.....oh well...

DenBronx
04-07-2015, 06:39 PM

I like to think I am the same, of course you don't see me giving subbordinates shit or playing with my kids on here either. I never got the cool internet guy thing nor would I attempt to be one.
I'd love to buy any of you guys or gals a beer, anytime.

Like the Brad Paisley song...some people are so much cooler online. Lol

HORSEPOWER 56
04-10-2015, 09:22 PM

You are. I like to picture you with a lawn chair and a baseball bat on your porch most evenings just waiting for those damn kids and that damn frisbee of theirs to land in your yard one more damn time. Of course you have old country music playing on a AM radio right next to you.

I was thinking the same but instead of a bat, I was thinking a shotgun loaded with rock salt. Damned kids!