PDA

View Full Version : free safety vs corner

Valar Morghulis
03-24-2015, 02:12 AM
To me, an idiot Brit, these positions should be fairly easy to transition to and from.

So what is the fundamental difference between the two and what would stop young Bradley excelling in the poison of free safety?

Northman
03-24-2015, 08:05 AM
To me, an idiot Brit, these positions should be fairly easy to transition to and from.

So what is the fundamental difference between the two and what would stop young Bradley excelling in the poison of free safety?

Its a little more complicated than you would think. For a guy like Bradley he might do well but when i played FS it allowed me to cover up my weakness in one on one coverage. When i was able to survey the field i was much better and able to take angles to make plays (unlike Rahim vs Baltimore). But if you put me at corner i would be burnt toast and it wouldnt be pretty because of my lack of speed and height.

I think when it comes to corners moving to safety a lot of the problems that can arise is due to how much beef they have. Can they be physical enough to stop the run when they need too? This is generally what prevents many DB's from moving to that position. I think right now Denver might be toying with the idea for Robey to learn the position but i dont actually think he will be moved anytime soon. I think its more of a precautionary right now.