PDA

View Full Version : Sylvester Williams excited to fulfill "high expectations"

Denver Native (Carol)
03-23-2015, 07:56 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Sylvester Williams is expecting a lot of pressure this coming season, and he's welcoming it with open arms.

As the Broncos transition to a 3-4 defense with one tackle anchoring the center of the line, the former first-round pick could be the big man in the middle for the Broncos. The opportunity to show what he can do now entering his third season is something that he sees as perhaps a breakthrough chance of sorts, which is something that Executive Vice President of Football Operations/General Manager John Elway hopes to see, as well.

"I think when we look at Sly, and obviously we’re thrilled by his continued work and his progression, but this is a big year for him," Elway told Broncos TV at the NFL owners meetings on Monday. "He’s going to be in his third year now and being a first-round draft pick, we’ve got high expectations of him and what we’re going to do to best give him a chance to show what he can do with a new coaching staff."

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Sylvester-Williams-excited-to-fulfill-high-expectations/5a1b3b35-0c0a-4aba-9280-800cd4dc5b5e

Simple Jaded
03-23-2015, 11:01 PM
Syl Will.

turftoad
03-23-2015, 11:13 PM
He may be excited but he better be ready! We're gonna need him.

TXBRONC
03-24-2015, 08:53 PM
He may be excited but he better be ready! We're gonna need him.

If anyone can get him ready it's Wade Phillips.

LTC Pain
03-25-2015, 12:26 PM
Let me see your warface Sly!!! :laser:

Cugel
03-25-2015, 07:22 PM
"Blah, blah, blah, nice sounding blather, but this is a big year for him," Elway told Broncos TV at the NFL owners meetings on Monday. "He’s going to be in his third year now and being a first-round draft pick, we’ve got high expectations of him and what we’re going to do to best give him a chance to show what he can do with a new coaching staff. In short, he's done nothing so far and we spent a lot of money on that guy and he'd damn well better step up big time, because we can always ship his ass out to Jacksonville! My butt is on the line here for making him a 1st round pick, and Sly is making me look as stupid as a mule that's been hit on the head, and I don't like that" Elway concluded.

Now with updated translation.

SR
03-25-2015, 08:11 PM
Now with updated translation.

Are you on something?

Cugel
03-31-2015, 02:51 PM
Are you on something?

Strict Translation For the Learning Impaired: Sly Williams has done nothing in his first two seasons to justify being a 1st round pick. He hasn't started and his impact has been near zero. He's making Elway look bad for having drafted a "bust." So far.

Elway would like him to pan out and is willing to give him every chance. Hence all the blather about "obviously we’re thrilled by his continued work and his progression". But, the key part of the sentence is this part: "but this is a big year for him."

In short, it's time to step up or step out. We expect bigger things from him and he'd better produce because we've been carrying him on the roster now for 3 years and haven't had much production from him so far.

SR
03-31-2015, 03:12 PM
Strict Translation For the Learning Impaired: Sly Williams has done nothing in his first two seasons to justify being a 1st round pick. He hasn't started and his impact has been near zero. He's making Elway look bad for having drafted a "bust." So far. Elway would like him to pan out and is willing to give him every chance. Hence all the blather about "obviously we’re thrilled by his continued work and his progression". But, the key part of the sentence is this part: "but this is a big year for him." In short, it's time to step up or step out. We expect bigger things from him and he'd better produce because we've been carrying him on the roster now for 3 years and haven't had much production from him so far.

You're right. I'm the idiot. You're the genius.

Timmy!
03-31-2015, 03:17 PM
Lol. Broncos talk this off season is like an open sewer running through a nice village.

Hey, maybe Sly can actually play more than 49% of the snaps, since that's all the guy he is replacing could muster.

DenBronx
03-31-2015, 03:17 PM
If Sly plays this year like he has his 1st two then it's going to be hard not to call him a bust.