PDA

View Full Version : Sylvester Williams knows "pressure is on" to reward Broncos' confidence

Denver Native (Carol)
03-16-2015, 07:13 PM
In a Broncos offseason defined by high-profile defections, Sylvester Williams wasn't going anywhere. The Broncos took a calculated risk, moving on from free-agent defensive tackle Terrance Knighton, hoping Williams can help fill that void.

New defensive coordinator Wade Phillips boasts a reputation for maximizing talent, and the Broncos believe he and new line coach Bill Kollar can turn Williams into a force.

Williams, heading into his third season, is rewarding the coaches' confidence by training at Dove Valley this offseason.

"It means a lot that they have faith in me. I know that the pressure is on," said Williams, who plans to play at between 312 and 315 pounds. "I decided to stay here rather than go to Miami. It was the best thing for me to get ready. This is a big season."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27723551/sylvester-williams-knows-pressure-is-reward-broncos-confidence

Ziggy
03-16-2015, 07:24 PM
I have a good feeling about Sly. Can't wait to see him in Wade's D.

MileHighCrew
03-16-2015, 07:27 PM
I have a good feeling about Sly. Can't wait to see him in Wade's D.

Him and a lot of the young guys. No one likes to see talent leave like it has, but excited to see some of these guys shine like Sly

broncobuss
03-16-2015, 09:10 PM
Seems like most d tackles take a few years to develop.. this should be the time he starts to develop too

Simple Jaded
03-16-2015, 09:36 PM
"What would you know about pressure?!"

"Well, I have kissed a man"

TXBRONC
03-17-2015, 07:23 AM
"what would you know about pressure?!"

"well, i have kissed a man"

tmi. :D