PDA

View Full Version : March Madness 2015

Northman
03-16-2015, 06:10 AM
Created a group for those interested in doing brackets this year.

http://broncosforums2015.mayhem.cbssports.com

Pass: 123456

If that link doesnt get you to the login page please let me know so i can find the correct link.

BroncoNut
03-16-2015, 09:22 AM
thanks North. I think I heard this morning that my clones are up against Kentucky. I'll check it out.

MOtorboat
03-16-2015, 12:44 PM
thanks North. I think I heard this morning that my clones are up against Kentucky. I'll check it out.

You're a Hawkeyes fan. Traitor.

Poet
03-16-2015, 01:19 PM
Go Big Blue!

BroncoNut
03-16-2015, 01:29 PM
You're a Hawkeyes fan. Traitor.

I am. Hawkeyes for football (over ISU even), State for bball (over UI), in general. like both when they're not playing each other

Dapper Dan
03-16-2015, 03:45 PM
Go Big Blue!

I agree. Go Blue Devils.

Poet
03-16-2015, 05:52 PM
I agree. Go Blue Devils.

Please. You're embarrassing yourself.

Dapper Dan
03-16-2015, 11:03 PM
Please. You're embarrassing yourself.

Okay?

Poet
03-16-2015, 11:14 PM
Okay?

When it comes to college basketball there is only one real big blue, and it ain't Duke.

Dapper Dan
03-16-2015, 11:25 PM
When it comes to college basketball there is only one real big blue, and it ain't Duke.

Perfect example of the obnoxiousness of a Kentucky fan.

Poet
03-16-2015, 11:28 PM
Perfect example of the obnoxiousness of a Kentucky fan.

Ha. You knew who I was referring to and then referenced another rival team. Don't speak to me of being obnoxious. You don't get to take a shot and then cry foul at the rebuttal. :welcome:

Dapper Dan
03-16-2015, 11:43 PM
Ha. You knew who I was referring to and then referenced another rival team. Don't speak to me of being obnoxious. You don't get to take a shot and then cry foul at the rebuttal. :welcome:

You were being obnoxious in your original post and you know it. You followed the post by explaining what I knew you meant in the first place. Kentucky is the only blue school, according to Kentucky fans. I'm not crying foul, smart-ass. I'm just saying you're doing a good job representing your fan base.

Poet
03-17-2015, 12:10 AM
You were being obnoxious in your original post and you know it. You followed the post by explaining what I knew you meant in the first place. Kentucky is the only blue school, according to Kentucky fans. I'm not crying foul, smart-ass. I'm just saying you're doing a good job representing your fan base.

I say 'Go Big Blue' - you then act like an ass - I point that UK basically is the original Big Blue - and you call out the fanbase. Give me a ******* break. :lol: The point of contention isn't that we're the only team with ******* blue colors, that's absurd and not an actual representation of what we mean and you know it. When you think college basketball, we're one of the first teams, if not the first team, that comes to mind. We're called Big Blue Nation for ****'s safe, and we have a legacy that goes back to the start of college basketball. The notion that we don't have a claim to being the biggest/original/quintessential 'Big Blue' for college basketball is absurd.

Again, you don't get to take the first potshot and then cry foul. That's what you did. :welcome:

Northman
03-17-2015, 06:03 AM
King is just straight up clowning Diaper Dan.

BroncoNut
03-17-2015, 07:28 AM
Michigan wolverines are the big blue

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-17-2015, 09:15 AM
"Go Big Blue, Go DePaul!!!"

Buff
03-17-2015, 12:13 PM
Never in my life have I been so uninterested in college sports. I literally haven't watched more than 15 minutes of college basketball in the last 6 months. I feel like I should fill out a bracket, but what's the point when I'm not going to win any money?

MOtorboat
03-17-2015, 12:35 PM
Never in my life have I been so uninterested in college sports. I literally haven't watched more than 15 minutes of college basketball in the last 6 months. I feel like I should fill out a bracket, but what's the point when I'm not going to win any money?

Fill out the damn bracket.

OrangeHoof
03-17-2015, 12:40 PM
Not sure I will play this year. Really tiresome watching this rotation of blue-and-white basketball factories trade titles form year to year. If a real Cinderella comes forward, I'll root for them.

BroncoWave
03-17-2015, 02:31 PM

Totally the same for me. I don't know that I've watched even 100 minutes total of college basketball this year.

BroncoWave
03-17-2015, 02:32 PM
Fill out the damn bracket.

I find the tournament way more fun to watch when don't fill out a bracket. You can just enjoy the games instead of worrying about your picks.

Northman
03-17-2015, 11:19 PM
I still enjoy it no matter what. I dont bet money so there is nothing to lose.

Northman
03-21-2015, 08:23 PM
If Nova loses that is one of my championship teams. lol

BroncoNut
03-21-2015, 08:48 PM
The Hawkeye's win?

Dapper Dan
03-28-2015, 11:40 AM
I've gotten all the elite 8 teams right.

Northman
03-28-2015, 11:42 AM
I got 5 of the Elite 8.

Poet
03-28-2015, 11:45 AM
I did one bracket online at ESPN. I haven't checked it. I bet that bracket is broken as ****, haha.

Dapper Dan
03-28-2015, 11:52 AM
I don't think I ever got my bracket done for the one North put together. There was a log in issue, but it didn't have anything to do with the group itself.

I did join an old Broncos Forum group on ESPN. It looks like only WTE and I are in it. In pretty much all of my brackets I got the Elite 8 right, except for when I was screwing around and picked Indiana to go to the Final Four on one bracket.

Poet
03-28-2015, 01:23 PM
I hate the late night game times.

Poet
03-28-2015, 10:05 PM
I am so ******* happy. Truly elated, man. ******* ****.

Northman
03-28-2015, 10:45 PM
Knew it would be a battle with ND. Great effing game and congrats to you and the Wildcats for pulling it out King. Still have them winning my bracket.

Dapper Dan
03-28-2015, 11:05 PM
I picked ND over UK on my big money bracket.

Dapper Dan
03-28-2015, 11:14 PM
This is one of the most exciting tournaments in my recent memory.

Bronco4ever
03-28-2015, 11:19 PM
I feel for Notre Dame. They had a great team this year and gave Kentucky all they could. I'm not sure how they got a 3 seed when highly overrated Kansas got a 2. Notre Dame was much more battle tested in the ACC.

There was some statistic that Notre Dame didn't turn the ball over for 29 minutes. 3/4th of the game without turning it over and they still lost! You pretty much need to play a perfect game to beat UK.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-28-2015, 11:39 PM
I wonder why KU didn't use a zone against ND.

Dapper Dan
03-28-2015, 11:53 PM
KU? More like Gay U.

Poet
03-29-2015, 12:01 AM
Wisconsin by eight.

:(

Dapper Dan
03-29-2015, 12:03 AM
I love watching Wisconsin play

Dapper Dan
03-29-2015, 12:05 AM
I'm only going to say this once because I'm drunk. I'm sorry if I give you shit, King. I live in the heart of BBN and it's irritating as fuk. These folks are the worst of the Steelers and Pats put together. It's irritating. I think I take it out on you when I out up with douche bag fans all day.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-29-2015, 12:07 AM
Wisconsin by eight.

:(

Didn't Kentucky beat Wisconsin earlier this year?

Basketball is all about matchups. ND was a bad matchup for Kentucky, especially since Kentucky stuck with a man D. Kentucky is a bad matchup for Wisconsin. I think the only team left that could give Kentucky any trouble is Duke.

Poet
03-29-2015, 12:28 AM
I'm only going to say this once because I'm drunk. I'm sorry if I give you shit, King. I live in the heart of BBN and it's irritating as fuk. These folks are the worst of the Steelers and Pats put together. It's irritating. I think I take it out on you when I out up with douche bag fans all day.

It's because you're a fan of a rival team. I understand. For me it would be like Mecca. For you it would be like living in New England with Steeler fans as well. I get it. All huge franchises and teams have obnoxious fans. My model for UK basketball and being a fan of a powerhouse was my dad, who was not a dick about it. I try to not be a dick about it, but I am a very proud fan, and a sticking point for me is Big Blue Nation, which is where we had our lover's quarrel.

Al, we did not play them this year. I think they're a bad matchup for us. Their bigs are as skilled in the paint, if not more. They have better shooters. The huge flaw in our game is that we just struggle with traps and screens. We're a fast team considering how big we are, but our bigs aren't that fast. Wisconsin is one of two teams that I never wanted to run into in the tournament. God I wanted UNC to beat them.

Duke is the other. If Duke gets hot from the three point land they'll beat any team that ever played -exaggeration- and it's horrible. If they don't shoot well and they play pipsqueak defense they can get styled on. I just don't think a coach K team is going to play poorly in the finals, and we're not a great shooting team. I would trade a little bit on defense for just one equivalent scorer.

Dapper Dan
03-29-2015, 12:33 AM
I still love you

tubby
03-29-2015, 04:15 PM
Buff looks like Wiltjer. I might start a thread about it tomorrow.

BroncoNut
03-29-2015, 09:48 PM
I hate Steelers fans. Terrible people

BroncoNut
03-29-2015, 09:51 PM
Wisconsin and msu in the final

Dapper Dan
04-06-2015, 08:55 PM
I'd like to see Coach K get another title but I'd like to see Wisconsin get their first (I think). Plus, Duke has a lot of young players.

MOtorboat
04-06-2015, 09:15 PM
I'd like to see Coach K get another title but I'd like to see Wisconsin get their first (I think). Plus, Duke has a lot of young players.

Second. 1941.

Dapper Dan
04-06-2015, 09:17 PM
Second. 1941.

If it happened before blacks were allowed to play, it doesn't count. :lol:

Just kidding. Don't haunt me, Adolf Rupp.

Northman
04-06-2015, 09:53 PM
Great game so far.

chazoe60
04-06-2015, 10:17 PM
Even with 2 minutes and video evidence basketball refs can't get it right. #unwatchablesport

MOtorboat
04-06-2015, 10:23 PM
It's sad that the officiating was so poor, because it will completely overshadow a very good game.

Northman
04-06-2015, 10:27 PM
Great game, both teams deserved to be here tonight. I hate Duke but they have been so damn impressive in the tournament this year. I really didnt expect them to make it this far let alone win it.

Dapper Dan
04-06-2015, 10:28 PM
Greyson Allen might turn out to be my favorite player.

chazoe60
04-06-2015, 10:30 PM
It's sad that the officiating was so poor, because it will completely overshadow a very good game.
Im starting to believe it's the nature of the sport. It is so hard to officiate and at the same time it is the sport in which officiating has the largest impact.

Duke scored on three straight possessions in which they shouldn't have even had the ball. Terrible unwatchable sport and that was probably the last televised basketball game I'll ever watch. I can't even enjoy watching the game anymore because it's all about who gets the calls. I wasn't even rooting for Wisconsin, I have tremendous respect for Coach K as a man so I was fine with Duke winning but the officiating was flat out painful to watch.

BroncoNut
04-07-2015, 10:51 AM
a wee bit disappointed Duke won it, but good game.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-07-2015, 11:30 AM
I was a little disappointed in Wisconsin's coach after the game. He was inferring they lost because the officials allowed it to be too physical (you and your program are better than that coach).

I wanted Wisconsin to win, but the fact is they lost because they got outplayed in the last 3 minutes. They also had two huge mental errors that may have cost them their chance in the last two minutes.

Don't blame shift coach, just admit you got outplayed.

BroncoNut
04-07-2015, 11:35 AM
I was a little disappointed in Wisconsin's coach after the game. He was inferring they lost because the officials allowed it to be too physical (you and your program are better than that coach).

I wanted Wisconsin to win, but the fact is they lost because they got outplayed in the last 3 minutes. They also had two huge mental errors that may have cost them their chance in the last two minutes.

I didn't notice poor officiating so much as much as Duke straight up outplaying Wisconsin. a lot of lead changes throughout, I know, but I'd say Dukes Defense was more effective and Wisconsin's offense wasn't all that. a lot of their shots just didnt' make it. It seems there were about 3 airballs from Wisconsin too,

Northman
04-07-2015, 02:15 PM

Yea, a lot of whining going on across the nation. Every game has questionable calls and a lot of people thought Wisconsin got away with a lot vs Kentucky. Either way, the Badgers were in the game until the end but failed to hit shots necessary while Duke made more plays.

I didn't notice poor officiating so much as much as Duke straight up outplaying Wisconsin. a lot of lead changes throughout, I know, but I'd say Dukes Defense was more effective and Wisconsin's offense wasn't all that. a lot of their shots just didnt' make it. It seems there were about 3 airballs from Wisconsin too,

Duke's defense in the tournament was very impressive. I dont think it was even that good during the regular season but once the tournament hit they kicked it up another notch. I think people truly underestimated how good their defense really was.

Poet
04-07-2015, 02:36 PM
If you're a big name team, any call that you get is favorable to you is scrutinized. UK got away with a few ones against UC and man that fanbase let us know about it...for a ******* week.

If it was Duke versus UK, and UK got some calls, they would complain about it. Vice versa and it's the same thing. **** there are UK fans who still complain about the fact that Christian Laettner or however you spell that piece of garbage's name didn't get ejected against us when he stepped on our player's chest. Shit happens. On one hand, you can't entirely through out complaints about the calls, because sometimes the game is just called poorly, and calls do matter. On the other hand, complaints about calls are rarely noteworthy and thus few and far between.

BroncoJoe
04-07-2015, 04:59 PM
If you're a big name team, any call that you get is favorable to you is scrutinized. UK got away with a few ones against UC and man that fanbase let us know about it...for a ******* week.

If it was Duke versus UK, and UK got some calls, they would complain about it. Vice versa and it's the same thing. **** there are UK fans who still complain about the fact that Christian Laettner or however you spell that piece of garbage's name didn't get ejected against us when he stepped on our player's chest. Shit happens. On one hand, you can't entirely through out complaints about the calls, because sometimes the game is just called poorly, and calls do matter. On the other hand, complaints about calls are rarely noteworthy and thus few and far between.

Can you make a post without using curse words? Good grief.

Anyway, I only watched about 1/2 of the 4th quarter. That's about all I can stand, but normally college is better officiated. Anyhoo, Duke's defense was unbelievable. Talk about smothering. Even if the one call was given to Wisconsin, and the other one where they showed a Duke's player's foot on the line - they would have lost. Duke wanted it more. Plain and simple.

Dapper Dan
04-07-2015, 10:38 PM
If you would have watched a little more you would have realized they don't have quarters. :lol: