PDA

View Full Version : Broncos, Raiders not under consideration for Terrance Knighton

Denver Native (Carol)
03-10-2015, 07:43 PM
A big name free agent defensive tackle is reportedly winnowing his list of suitors.

In an interview Tuesday with ESPN’s Josina Anderson, Broncos defensive tackle Terrance Knighton indicated he had eliminated Denver and Oakland from consideration for the time being, saying both clubs “are out of the race.”

Knighton told ESPN that the Raiders made a proposal, but the deal was “not close to what I was looking for.”

rest - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/10/broncos-raiders-not-under-consideration-for-terrance-knighton/

OrangeHoof
03-10-2015, 08:11 PM
I think he's going to need to lower his asking price.

ShaneFalco
03-10-2015, 08:12 PM
dude let those commercials go to his head.

DenBronx
03-10-2015, 08:21 PM
just as long as he doesn't go to Oakland. smdh

spikerman
03-10-2015, 09:43 PM
yhQql-ZbZmg

Ziggy
03-11-2015, 02:17 AM
So JDR, and the team with the most cash in the NFL doesn't want to pay for Pot Roast. Perhaps he's not as valued in the NFL as he is on this forum.

VonDoom
03-11-2015, 06:19 AM
Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson 5h5 hours ago

Free agent DT Terrance 'Pot Roast' Knighton tells me he visiting the #Redskins on Wednesday. Free agency #24/7.

MasterShake
03-11-2015, 07:42 AM
I liked Knighton, but it feels like he is eating his way out of the league. Dude was huge at the end of last year and just seemed out of gas. Good luck to him wherever he goes though, I will always be thankful for how hard he played especially in that AFC Championship game against New England. Probably his best game.

Tned
03-11-2015, 07:54 AM
I think he's going to need to lower his asking price.

Rotoworld says he's looking for $8 million a year. Raiders offered $6 mil per and he turned it down.

broncofaninfla
03-11-2015, 08:01 AM
I was convinced he would be a Raider by now, nobody knows him better than JDR, guess he isn't worth what he thinks he's worth.

G_Money
03-11-2015, 09:08 AM
Rotoworld says he's looking for $8 million a year. Raiders offered $6 mil per and he turned it down.

When in doubt, always assume Dan Snyder will throw money at anyone. I'd be visiting the Skins too.

GEM
03-11-2015, 09:09 AM
Love him, but sick of him.

VonDoom
03-11-2015, 09:24 AM
Troy Renck says that the Redskins, Colts, Chargers and ... Patriots are interested in Knighton. Ugh.

GEM
03-11-2015, 09:30 AM
How much damn money does the Colts have??

VonDoom
03-11-2015, 09:42 AM
How much damn money does the Colts have??

Going into FA, around $30 million according to Over the Cap. That would be 8th highest in the league. They haven't signed any monster deals yet, but they're in on almost everyone (or at least rumored to be).

CoachChaz
03-11-2015, 09:49 AM
The key with the Colts is they have a lot of cap space, but they'll have to focus it on short term deals with veterans. With the eventual new contracts for Luck, Hilton, etc., they'll need new contracts to expire fairly quickly because that excess cap space will disappear in a few short years. So, on paper, it looks nice to sign or potentially sign guys like Gore, Cole, Johnson, etc...but these are aging vets and there are no guarantees when it comes to what they have left in the tank.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-11-2015, 11:23 AM
I liked Knighton, but it feels like he is eating his way out of the league. Dude was huge at the end of last year and just seemed out of gas. Good luck to him wherever he goes though, I will always be thankful for how hard he played especially in that AFC Championship game against New England. Probably his best game.

Interesting that you say this, as yesterday, I either read, or heard on local sports, that he got fined many times last season for exceeding the weight limit the Broncos wanted.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-11-2015, 11:25 AM
Dan Williams signed with the Raiders, so that removes them from consideration all together. Knighton better not get too greedy or he won't even get 6.

Rick
03-11-2015, 11:25 AM
They sign a guy named Pot Roast and expect him not to eat? :)

Ziggy
03-11-2015, 11:36 AM
I rooting for him to get as much as possible, so we can get a higher comp pick next year. Go Pot Roast!

DenBronx
03-11-2015, 11:41 AM
Hope the market goes soft and then he comes crawling back. Muwaahahahahaha

Rick
03-11-2015, 11:41 AM
Surprised Ravens not calling after trading Ngata.

VonDoom
03-11-2015, 01:38 PM
Surprised Ravens not calling after trading Ngata.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 15m15 minutes ago

Knighton visiting Washington today. Baltimore and Seattle have joined New England in showing interest

Northman
03-11-2015, 01:40 PM
Interesting that you say this, as yesterday, I either read, or heard on local sports, that he got fined many times last season for exceeding the weight limit the Broncos wanted.

Yea, you heard correctly.

tomjonesrocks
03-11-2015, 01:58 PM
Just have a feeling Sea and NE are the only teams that can get him cheap.

Wash best case of options remaining.

ShaneFalco
03-11-2015, 02:48 PM
its like he forget what playing all those years in JAX was like or something.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2015, 01:32 PM
The Ravens opened up a hole on their defensive line this week when they shipped defensive tackle Haloti Ngata to Detroit for draft picks and they may try to fill it with one of the top free agents left on the market.

Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Ravens have interest in Terrance Knighton, whose only known visit of free agency was to the nearby Redskins. Knighton ranks at No. 21 on PFT’s list of the top free agents this year and he’s one of only four players in our Top 21 without agreement on a deal yet this offseason.

No visit has been set up with the Ravens and Wilson adds that “there’s some concern” that Knighton’s salary demands will be too high for the Ravens’ blood. Knighton’s market doesn’t seem to have set up as he might have hoped, though, and the more spots that close off to him make it more likely that he’ll have to revisit his valuation.

rest - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/12/report-ravens-have-interest-in-terrance-knighton/

Rick
03-12-2015, 02:32 PM
he needs to wise up and see what he wants won't open up. Go to Baltimore.

Cugel
03-12-2015, 03:02 PM
The key with the Colts is they have a lot of cap space, but they'll have to focus it on short term deals with veterans. With the eventual new contracts for Luck, Hilton, etc., they'll need new contracts to expire fairly quickly because that excess cap space will disappear in a few short years. So, on paper, it looks nice to sign or potentially sign guys like Gore, Cole, Johnson, etc...but these are aging vets and there are no guarantees when it comes to what they have left in the tank.

I can't begin to understand the Colts moves. They have Andrew Luck who is certainly the next John Elway. I would be shocked if he doesn't go to at least 3 Super Bowls the rest of his career and any year the rest of the Colts are good enough, they can win the SB.

And he's 25 years old. He can play another 10 years, minimum.

Sure these signings make the Colts better this year, but but with guys that age they won't be around for long. I wouldn't be signing anybody over the age of about 26. I'd be looking for younger guys you can build with long-term and possibly create a dynasty, together with the draft. I'd be taking guys I think will hopefully be part of the team 5 years from now.

Because, unlike with Peyton Manning, they've got 10 or 12 more years, not 1. And we've seen from the Patriots and Steeler's experience that continuity matters in the NFL.

VonDoom
03-12-2015, 03:06 PM
I can't begin to understand the Colts moves. They have Andrew Luck who is certainly the next John Elway. I would be shocked if he doesn't go to at least 3 Super Bowls the rest of his career and any year the rest of the Colts are good enough, they can win the SB.

And he's 25 years old. He can play another 10 years, minimum.

Sure these signings make the Colts better this year, but but with guys that age they won't be around for long. I wouldn't be signing anybody over the age of about 26. I'd be looking for younger guys you can build with long-term and possibly create a dynasty, together with the draft. I'd be taking guys I think will hopefully be part of the team 5 years from now.

Because, unlike with Peyton Manning, they've got 10 or 12 more years, not 1. And we've seen from the Patriots and Steeler's experience that continuity matters in the NFL.

They're gonna be paying Luck about $25 million a year after this season. These were all short term deals designed to give them a shot now. They'll have to re-work their cap situation after Luck gets paid, like all teams with franchise QB's.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2015, 03:41 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 10m

Terrance Knighton's visit goes well with Redskins http://dpo.st/1C9IkX0 via @troyrenck

Cugel
03-13-2015, 03:40 PM
After he turned down multi-year contract offers from Oakland and Texas of more than $4.5 million, the market dried up for Knighton and he took a one year deal from the Redskins. But, according to Pot-Roast, he's still the best DT in the NFL:

“It actually is a fact: I’m the best nose tackle in the league,” Knighton said on ESPN 980′s “The Sports Fix” Friday afternoon. “The Redskins got me for a bargain, but I’m going to prove myself, prove my worth in this league. I’ll just take it step by step, but either way I’m blessed. And I’m pretty sure we’ll have this thing changed around, and I know for sure for sure that people will not be able to run the ball on the Redskins defense.”

“I’m a big guy, I’m strong at the point of attack, it takes two people to move me, sometimes three,” he said. “I’ve got good feet. I study the game well, I study the great players that played before me at the position. Ninety-nine percent of the time before the play happens I know exactly what’s going to happen, how I’m going to get blocked. So I’m well prepared, and I plan on sharing those things that I’ve learned playing with a DeMarcus Ware, a Peyton Manning, guys like that, Champ Bailey. I’m just going to take those things and share them with the young guys in the room and on the team, and show guys how do you get to the Super Bowl….

spikerman
03-18-2015, 07:40 PM
The Broncos had some reason not to want him back. The amount he signed for was within the Broncos' budget, I think. They simply did not want him.

OrangeHoof
03-18-2015, 09:25 PM
I think they had already concluded that they could afford to let him walk, just like they did with Julius. Once that decision is made, they weren't going to turn back. I'm hoping they've made the same decision with Welker.

Simple Jaded
03-18-2015, 09:39 PM
I wonder if Potroast got insulted by Denver and Oakland offers and burned both bridges.