PDA

View Full Version : Broncos re-sign Steven Johhson; visit scheduled with Owen Daniels

VonDoom
03-10-2015, 12:59 PM
Per Klis:

The Broncos have reached an agreement in principle with backup linebacker Steven Johnson on a one-year deal.

Johnson is entering his fifth season. The Broncos worked out the deal in lieu of tendering him a $1.542 million salary as a restricted free agent.

Johnson will again become a top special teams player and backup inside linebacker for the Broncos in 2015.

Baltimore Ravens tight end Owen Daniels will be coming to Denver later Tuesday with plans on visiting with the team Wednesday, according to two NFL sources.

Daniels, 32, has played every snap of his nine-year career with Gary Kubiak as his coach, in Houston and then Baltimore. Kubiak was the Houston Texans' head coach from 2006-13.

Daniels caught 48 passes for the Ravens in 2014 when Kubiak was his offensive coordinator.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27682545/steven-johnson-broncos-agree-1-year-deal-te

Glad to see Johnson back. I said when we didn't tender him that he's good depth. Daniels should not be a surprise.

ShaneFalco
03-10-2015, 01:00 PM
isnt owen like a concussion away from death? maybe i have him mixed up with someone else.

VonDoom
03-10-2015, 01:06 PM
isnt owen like a concussion away from death? maybe i have him mixed up with someone else.

Jordan Cameron?

Lancane
03-10-2015, 01:12 PM
The Broncos originally had hoped to retain Irving as backup/depth but Irving is looking for a place where he can start and it looks like it will be Arizona. Signing Johnson allows them to fill the role they wanted Irving for but that he didn't want to be in.

Daniels was sort of a given before Free Agency even began because his history with Kubiak. He'll be a one or two year rental to assimilate the other tight ends to Kubiak's offense.

VonDoom
03-10-2015, 01:52 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3m3 minutes ago

LB Steven Johnson gets nice $100,000 sign bonus, plus $660K salary; $25K if he makes 53-man. Can earn another $150K in playtime incentives.

CoachChaz
03-10-2015, 02:07 PM
Daniels was a given. Only ever had one HC and 1 TE coach...both are in Denver...who just so happen to need some TE depth.