PDA

View Full Version : At start of free agency, don't forget about what's on the roster

Denver Native (Carol)
03-09-2015, 01:29 PM
Win 40 games. three division titles and a conference championship in three years, and your roster will change -- like it or not.

The salary cap and cash budget of NFL teams dictates that. Your players have enhanced value on the market for teams looking to bolster their own rosters -- and, from the perspective of less successful teams, to tap into the success you've had and attempt to make it their own by importing a player from that successful club.

It wasn't that long ago that the Broncos were among that second category of teams. Now they're in the first, and as with the draft, the salary cap -- and salary floor -- is designed to help the strugglers up, and hurt the teams at the top.

But you reduce or eliminate the damage if you draft and develop well -- well enough to create a deep roster that can withstand free-agent losses.

rest - interesting - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/At-start-of-free-agency-dont-forget-about-whats-on-the-roster/752fd1cc-bef1-4184-85cb-733c2066ae50

Denver Native (Carol)
03-09-2015, 01:58 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 32m

.@BroncFanOR Not to replace FAs, but 209 of 352 individual starts (59.4) in '14 were made by Broncos who have never started anywhere else.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 1h

.@BroncFanOR Teams that can't develop starters in-house to replace FA losses don't "win from now on." Essential to what Elway wants to do.

Rick
03-09-2015, 02:39 PM
Both Williams and Austin showed promise when they were used to shoot a single gap this past season, but with Williams, he was not asked to do that often. Instead, he was asked to eat space, wait, read then react to the play, something that is not his strong suit. A one-gap system is what got Williams selected in the first round, so going back to it may finally bring out the potential. As for Austin, he also used a one-gap system in college and did really well (both of these players went to North Carolina). In Denver, Austin was used in the way Williams was.

http://den.scout.com/story/1525118-denver-broncos-offseason-needs

Some good points.

LTC Pain
03-09-2015, 02:56 PM
What rubs me is the posters calling for the Broncos to draft a RT at #28 when Elway has stated that Schofield was drafted to play that position?

Simple Jaded
03-09-2015, 02:58 PM
The Broncos are ****** If Ben Garland is the best they can do at LG, to me this would indicate a return to the days when Denver didn't think they needed to invest in the OL because of their system.

Rick
03-09-2015, 03:01 PM
A lot of posters ignore the fact that we draft guys for a reason, and if it is early they are drafted with the intention of competing to be starters.

Yes, we are losing talent via FA but the purpose of the draft is to keep suplimenting that talent with cheaper talent.

In a perfect world, you keep everyone. That perfect world ended with the salary cap.

chazoe60
03-09-2015, 03:20 PM
The Broncos are ****** If Ben Garland is the best they can do at LG, to me this would indicate a return to the days when Denver didn't think they needed to invest in the OL because of their system.

We won 2 SBs in those days.

GEM
03-09-2015, 03:36 PM
A lot of posters ignore the fact that we draft guys for a reason, and if it is early they are drafted with the intention of competing to be starters.

Yes, we are losing talent via FA but the purpose of the draft is to keep suplimenting that talent with cheaper talent.

In a perfect world, you keep everyone. That perfect world ended with the salary cap.

I just don't think a lot of people have faith in the draft guys who make the choices and how those guys have panned out.

Rick
03-09-2015, 03:37 PM
I just don't think a lot of people have faith in the draft guys who make the choices and how those guys have panned out.

Fair enough point.

Rick
03-09-2015, 03:43 PM

On the flip side, did our draft picks play enough for any of us to really make that determination? Was that lack of skill that kept them on the bench or the past regime not playing young guys?

Latimer stuck behind Caldwell and Welker.

Schofield never suiting up once.

Sly not used in a role on the line that maximized his athleticism.

Did these guys not play because they sucked or because Fox just wouldn't play them? Do any of us really know?

Hopefully Jon picked some real players in these guys. I myself don't know, but I do think we need to see what we have in them.

LTC Pain
03-09-2015, 03:43 PM

Schofield didn't play a single game his rookie year. How many armchair football geniuses can really conclude right now that Schofield hasn't "panned out"??? Elway stated the younger guys are gonna play so I'm excited to see what he can bring.

Rick
03-09-2015, 04:01 PM
Obviously I want us to keep some of our home grown talent when they are ready for their first big contract, but considering we can't keep them all I just hope we can get to the point where we play and develop our young guys enough to the point we would never have to look outside the building for high priced talent again.

Pipe dream I know, but have to play the guys to see what they have.

GEM
03-09-2015, 04:05 PM
On the flip side, did our draft picks play enough for any of us to really make that determination? Was that lack of skill that kept them on the bench or the past regime not playing young guys?

Latimer stuck behind Caldwell and Welker.

Schofield never suiting up once.

Sly not used in a role on the line that maximized his athleticism.

Did these guys not play because they sucked or because Fox just wouldn't play them? Do any of us really know?

Hopefully Jon picked some real players in these guys. I myself don't know, but I do think we need to see what we have in them.

That was one of the things I disliked about Fox, he was too tied into his veterans. So it will be interesting to see what we have. We could have some really good players and don't even know it. :crossesfingers!:

GEM
03-09-2015, 04:06 PM
Schofield didn't play a single game his rookie year. How many armchair football geniuses can really conclude right now that Schofield hasn't "panned out"??? Elway stated the younger guys are gonna play so I'm excited to see what he can bring.

Well I am no armchair football genius....I also don't play one on tv.

Rick
03-09-2015, 04:11 PM
Well I am no armchair football genius....I also don't play one on tv.

Did you ever stay at a holiday inn express?

GEM
03-09-2015, 04:13 PM

Last night, in fact!

LTC Pain
03-09-2015, 04:14 PM

Muhahahaha!

broncofaninfla
03-09-2015, 04:24 PM
As much as I like to follow our free agent moves and speculate, Elway and company have earned my trust. Have to admit I'm scratching my head on some of this but not sweating it at the same time. No way around it this team is going to be a different team next season. New players, coaches and systems but I'm sure we're headed in the right direction. I look for some of the younger players to develop and step up and excited to see the new faces that will part of this as well.

VonDoom
03-09-2015, 04:56 PM

I'm not going to make a judgment on Schofield yet. But it is a little alarming that we made so many line changes last year and he never saw the field or even the active list. Hopefully a season in the system will help out his development. I still have faith in Elway so I'm just sitting back and seeing how it plays out through this year's draft

Denver Native (Carol)
03-09-2015, 05:24 PM
I'm not going to make a judgment on Schofield yet. But it is a little alarming that we made so many line changes last year and he never saw the field or even the active list. Hopefully a season in the system will help out his development. I still have faith in Elway so I'm just sitting back and seeing how it plays out through this year's draft

Could be an entirely new system with the coaching changes

Denver Native (Carol)
03-09-2015, 05:25 PM
The Broncos aren’t going to be the NFL’s offseason champs this year. And that’s a good thing.

While other teams were busy coming to terms with pending free agents over the weekend, making a farce of the league’s “legal tampering period,” Denver was oddly quiet; the franchise that has dominated the offseason the past three years seemed disinterested in the proceedings. And as Mike Klis of the Denver Post reported yesterday, being on the outside looking in is a place Broncos fans should get used to during free agency; John Elway and Company aren’t going to be big spenders this time around.

AND

In part, Denver figures to be an observer in 2015 because of money issues; they simply don’t have the cap space available to compete for the big names, in part because of their high-priced additions the past three year. But the new approach is also a change in strategy; Denver doesn’t believe they need to add more stars in order to compete for a title.

full article - http://milehighsports.com/2015/03/09/the-broncos-need-to-be-bargain-hunters/

Denver Native (Carol)
03-09-2015, 05:27 PM
Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 16m

I know Broncos fans are getting restless. Can't win free agency every year.

tomjonesrocks
03-09-2015, 05:36 PM

It's also that feeling that we need a sure thing with the window for Manning slamming (slammed?) shut.

Cugel
03-09-2015, 06:44 PM
What rubs me is the posters calling for the Broncos to draft a RT at #28 when Elway has stated that Schofield was drafted to play that position?

Yes, but Schofield hasn't shown that he's starter material. Of course he could continue to develop, but as of now they need a starting RT and Michael Schofield is not that guy. They tried to give him the job and he was terrible this season. Well, that could be due to inexperience. But, it could also be that he's just a bust.

Last year after the SB fiasco, they tried to fix the obvious problems on their OL by moving around the pieces. It didn't work an that was the biggest reason they failed in 2014. Now the need to protect an immobile Peyton is greater than ever in 2015. They need an infusion of talent on the OL. It's not impossible. They just need a couple of starters at C and RT.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-09-2015, 06:46 PM
Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 16m

I know Broncos fans are getting restless. Can't win free agency every year.

We didn't make a splash early last year either. I don't think we signed anyone the first day. I remember people screaming like petulant children when Jared Allen and DRC weren't signed. Then, as FA wore on we signed some quality players.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-09-2015, 06:57 PM
We didn't make a splash early last year either. I don't think we signed anyone the first day. I remember people screaming like petulant children when Jared Allen and DRC weren't signed. Then, as FA wore on we signed some quality players.

Sounds like the money is not here this year

DenBronx
03-09-2015, 07:01 PM

Sounds like the money is not here this year

It's not. Even with the Manning redo we still dont have enough to keep our guys.

Elway will find a bargain. I guarantee it, after all, he's a used car salesman. ;)

Rick
03-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Yes, but Schofield hasn't shown that he's starter material. Of course he could continue to develop, but as of now they need a starting RT and Michael Schofield is not that guy. They tried to give him the job and he was terrible this season. Well, that could be due to inexperience. But, it could also be that he's just a bust.

Last year after the SB fiasco, they tried to fix the obvious problems on their OL by moving around the pieces. It didn't work an that was the biggest reason they failed in 2014. Now the need to protect an immobile Peyton is greater than ever in 2015. They need an infusion of talent on the OL. It's not impossible. They just need a couple of starters at C and RT.

When did they try to give him the job during all those games Fox had him deactivated?

Denver Native (Carol)
03-09-2015, 07:08 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 54m

.@BBonesteel Last I checked, the regular season starts in September and was not moved up six months. Lot of time to bring together the OL.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 57m

.@broncotjap You realize, of course, that Chris Harris, Brandon Marshall, C.J. Anderson & many others were all once "in-house unprovens."

Ziggy
03-09-2015, 07:15 PM
From what I've heard the team might have plans for Schofield at guard, not tackle. As I posted in another thread, let's not forget that we will have 10 pro bowlers returning.

VonDoom
03-09-2015, 08:02 PM

As I said in the other thread, this is not true. All of our "big three" signings were done within 24 hours of free agency beginning last year. In the case of Talib, I distinctly remember being stunned because that came out of nowhere, and that night, there was still a question about whether we would keep DRC as well. Only the next day did the details emerge that he was DRC's replacement. And I think we assumed we were getting Allen until Ware became available, and then Elway went that way. I don't remember a lot of screaming about that one, but I could be wrong.

Again, this is not to say that we should/could do something similar this year. But Elway jumped into free agency big time early on last year as he did the prior two years (Manning; Welker/Vasquez) so this is the first time that we have been unwilling and/or unable to do so in a while.

VonDoom
03-09-2015, 08:05 PM
From what I've heard the team might have plans for Schofield at guard, not tackle. As I posted in another thread, let's not forget that we will have 10 pro bowlers returning.

Good point Ziggy. I think I said somewhere that this is what happens when you have a good team - your players are highly coveted because they helped bring about that success. It's not easy to win consistently in the NFL, and to have the right mix of players when so many of them leave every year. Add to that the higher salary cap and teams with a lot of cap room and you can see why there have been so many big contracts getting passed out this year.

Slick
03-09-2015, 09:43 PM
Denver didn't have 10 guys playing like Pro Bowlers when Indy spanked them in their house. Sorry to be negative but it's an ugly truth.

FanInAZ
03-09-2015, 09:49 PM
Last night, in fact!

Drop the "E" & GEM becomes "GM." So I guess you were destine to have that job.

Ziggy
03-09-2015, 10:03 PM
Denver didn't have 10 guys playing like Pro Bowlers when Indy spanked them in their house. Sorry to be negative but it's an ugly truth.

You're right Slick. But I think that has as much to do with coaching as anything. I trust in Elway to weed out the problem children in the locker room. I think that's one of the reasons JT is as good as gone.

Simple Jaded
03-09-2015, 10:48 PM
We won 2 SBs in those days.

That's an insult to those OLman.

chazoe60
03-09-2015, 11:14 PM
That's an insult to those OLman.
Not meant that way.

Simple Jaded
03-09-2015, 11:34 PM
Not meant that way.

I'm just being a dick. But the SB offensive lineman were the exception, imo.

chazoe60
03-09-2015, 11:52 PM
I'm just being a dick. But the SB offensive lineman were the exception, imo.

But other than Zimmerman and to a lesser extent Tony Jones, they weren't highly sought after guys. That's the point I was trying to make. I trust JFE and GFK when it comes to picking an OL that will work for them. People seem to be all panicky because we haven't signed anyone yet and FA hasn't even officially begun.

Cugel
03-10-2015, 12:39 PM
As much as I like to follow our free agent moves and speculate, Elway and company have earned my trust. Have to admit I'm scratching my head on some of this but not sweating it at the same time. No way around it this team is going to be a different team next season. New players, coaches and systems but I'm sure we're headed in the right direction. I look for some of the younger players to develop and step up and excited to see the new faces that will part of this as well.

The idea is very simple. We'll see how it pans out over time.

The only way to have long-term success in the NFL is to have real cap discipline. The Patriots are the model for this. They get draft picks and cheap FAs and develop them. Then they get draft of sign their replacements while they are still on the team.

They identify six or eight guys they want to keep and pay long-term, like Gronkowski, Brady and Vince Wilfork, and everybody else is replaceable. If a guy performs well and is due a big $ FA contract, they will let him walk (like they did Wes Welker).

This does result in having some off years when the team around Brady simply wasn't good enough to compete for a championship. 2005 was a perfect example of this. If you remember the Broncos-Patriots playoff in Denver, Brady torched the Broncos secondary for some long TD plays, except that his no-name WRs weren't on the same page and were not in the right spot to catch the ball after getting behind the Broncos secondary and the passes fell incomplete. There were 2 or 3 such plays and it cost them the game.

John Elway came in, signed Peyton Manning and had to develop a team to compete for a championship QUICKLY. So, he signed a bunch of FAs. Some were high-priced like Aquib Talib, and some were on a "prove it" deal like Pot Roast.

That is not the long term plan though. Expect a bunch of those guys to leave town as their contracts expire and be replaced by guys on the roster. Whether that will work remains to be seen.

For instance, the Broncos may try and move Kayvon Webster to S to replace Rahim Moore. Well, Kayvon hasn't played safety much. Maybe he can do it, but it might not work and then there's a hole in the Broncos secondary. But, it's the kind of move they have to try.

Cugel
03-10-2015, 12:46 PM
You're right Slick. But I think that has as much to do with coaching as anything. I trust in Elway to weed out the problem children in the locker room. I think that's one of the reasons JT is as good as gone.

I'd say it's 100% due to coaching. It's the coaches job to get the team ready to compete on Sunday. If they don't that's the coaches' fault.

And we know that Fox was sending out messages even BEFORE the game through his buddy Jay Glazer that he "might be available" if the Broncos lost the game. Lest we forget, that was Fox getting the word out to the Bears owners that he might soon be out of Denver, so that they wouldn't hire anybody else in the mean time.

And we know Jack Del Rio was texting the Raiders on his way out of Dove Valley after the loss.

Those ******** had a real conflict of interest between the team having success, and their own coaching futures, which were best served by losing quickly in the playoffs so that they could all move on to their next jobs - which they did! If the Broncos had gone to the SB, the Bears and Raiders might not have waited.

So, how badly did Fox & company really want to win? How hard did they really try?

If the on-field evidence is anything, not very hard.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-10-2015, 12:52 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 1h

Broncos interested in having Nate Irving back as top backup to inside backers Danny Trevathan-Brandon Marshall in Wade Phillips 3-4 defense.

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 1h

Broncos LB Nate Irving visiting Arizona Cardinals this week, confirming @RapSheet report. 8-game starter in 2014 til knee surgery.

Northman
03-10-2015, 12:56 PM

Coaching is a part of it but not all of it. Anderson clearly wanted to play and win, his 4th down conversion was one of the best and hardest runs ive ever witnessed. Too bad the rest of the team couldnt use that for motivation. On the flipside, when your HOF QB has 15 yds of real estate in front of him and needs 4 yds for a 1st down and he decides to throw instead of the higher percentage run play that also tells me something. Fox was a big issue but not the only issue.

VonDoom
03-11-2015, 02:52 PM
Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 8m8 minutes ago

Elway on OL: “We do have some young guys that we think highly of. It’s time to put the pressure on them, step up, grow up and get in there''

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 7m7 minutes ago

Elway said team is still trying to re-sign DT Mitch Unrein.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 4m4 minutes ago

Broncos looking at S/OL in FA, but at this point, Elway pointed to Ben Garland at LG, Michael Schofield at RT, Matt Paradis as C as options.

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 14s15 seconds ago

Elway on Schofield: "We actually went back and looked at what he did in the preseason, We’re excited about what he did in the preseason.''

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 7s8 seconds ago

More Elway on Schofield: “He’s a talented kid and we have expectations.''

Rick
03-11-2015, 03:00 PM
I am all about young guys getting in there and playing, we drafted them for a reason...

I do hope they have some sort of quality vet competition for them though...just in case...

Northman
03-11-2015, 03:14 PM

:lol:

Oh snap.

As i said before, you can have pro bowlers all up and down your roster. But it takes more than making a popularity contest to make you a true winner. Chemistry, good coaching, desire, etc play a much bigger factor than making the pro bowl.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2015, 12:42 PM
Sign enough free agents and eventually they get in the way.

All those veteran players Broncos general manager John Elway signed in three previous years? They came at the expense of their kids, never mind their budget.

Elway's past three free-agent classes were lauded. They produced the likes of Peyton Manning, Louis Vasquez, Wes Welker, Emmanuel Sanders, Aqib Talib, DeMarcus Ware and T.J. Ward.

Elway's past three draft classes, meanwhile, have been more critically reviewed. But here was the problem: All those free-agent stars the Broncos signed made it difficult for the kids to get on the field.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27693003/broncos-steer-clear-free-agency-frenzy-make-room

Cugel
03-13-2015, 03:43 PM

As i said before, you can have pro bowlers all up and down your roster. But it takes more than making a popularity contest to make you a true winner. Chemistry, good coaching, desire, etc play a much bigger factor than making the pro bowl.

I'd say it takes coaching. As in, having a coach who isn't sending out his resume before the biggest game of the year, saying that he "might be available" if the Broncos lose. Not having that kind of disloyalty would be a nice start. :coffee:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-13-2015, 04:34 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 51m

Brandon Marshall, C.J. Anderson, Malik Jackson rewarded with play time bonuses: http://dpo.st/19htAdH via @mikeklis

BroncoJoe
03-15-2015, 10:26 AM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 51m

Brandon Marshall, C.J. Anderson, Malik Jackson rewarded with play time bonuses: http://dpo.st/19htAdH via @mikeklis

That's pretty cool - I had no idea this existed. I'm also guessing it does not affect the salary cap at all either - also cool.

Rick
03-16-2015, 10:55 AM
Not sure if this link has been posted. Mason's mailbag a few days ago.

It has some good info.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Masons-Mailbag-A-pause-at-the-end-of-a-frenzied-free-agent-week/7c3c6528-f64c-4145-8066-7fbff90f61dc

Denver Native (Carol)
03-18-2015, 04:45 PM
Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 20m

Per @FieldYates Mitch Unrein visited Chargers. Elway said #Broncos wanted to try to bring Unrein back, but McCoy has seen him plenty too.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-18-2015, 07:26 PM
They just announced on local sports that Unrein signed a 2 year deal with SD

Denver Native (Carol)
03-19-2015, 10:38 AM
Jacob Tamme @JacobTamme · 54m

I'm thankful for my @Broncos teammates & coaches and very much enjoyed my time being in Denver. A great organization and city.

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 54m

Jacob Tamme. He gone. Atlanta.

Vic Lombardi retweeted
Jacob Tamme @JacobTamme · 55m

Excited to join the Atlanta Falcons! Looking forward to meeting my teammates & starting the process of working to win a Championship.

silkamilkamonico
03-20-2015, 08:38 AM

Oh snap.

I think the majority of this current core has this one season left to prove itself and it should be a SUperBowl type year to be successful. They have had 2-3 years to prove themselves and have crippled into the fetal position in the biggest game of the year both years, and I think people are a little tired of what's on the team currently because of that. This team on paper, people shouldn't be happy with division champions and calling it good. The way they lost is especially concerning.

People can chide about how we have 10 Pro Bowlers all they want, just like others can chide about how those 10 pro bowlers played like baby soft tissue in the biggest game of the year.

Show me something Denver Broncos. I wouldn't even care if we lose in the first round of the playoffs again this year as long as they don't quit on the field. And that's f'n sad to say about a professional sports organization. Pretty sure New England and Seattle fans wouldn't be happy to say at least their team didn't quit during their playoff loss.

Cugel
03-20-2015, 08:39 PM
I think the majority of this current core has this one season left to prove itself and it should be a SUperBowl type year to be successful. They have had 2-3 years to prove themselves and have crippled into the fetal position in the biggest game of the year both years, and I think people are a little tired of what's on the team currently because of that. This team on paper, people shouldn't be happy with division champions and calling it good. The way they lost is especially concerning.

People can chide about how we have 10 Pro Bowlers all they want, just like others can chide about how those 10 pro bowlers played like baby soft tissue in the biggest game of the year.

Show me something Denver Broncos. I wouldn't even care if we lose in the first round of the playoffs again this year as long as they don't quit on the field. And that's f'n sad to say about a professional sports organization. Pretty sure New England and Seattle fans wouldn't be happy to say at least their team didn't quit during their playoff loss.

I think all the fans who feel this way are pretty spoiled and will fell differently when the team struggles to make the playoffs every year after Peyton retires.

These are the "Good Old Days" for Denver. It may not result in a SB. But, 12 or 13 wins a season is a lot better than what is coming next - the Bubby Brister, Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, Jay Cutler, Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow era, Part II, when the team will struggle to win 10 games and fail to win the division for 3 or 4 years in a row.

VonDoom
03-24-2015, 10:47 AM
From the press at the owners' meetings:

Chris Hall ‏@BroncosTV 31m31 minutes ago

Offensively, lots of Manning talk this morning, no surprise, but other big takeaway is expectations are very high for Cody Latimer.

GEM
03-24-2015, 12:04 PM
from the press at the owners' meetings:

Chris hall ‏@broncostv 31m31 minutes ago

offensively, lots of manning talk this morning, no surprise, but other big takeaway is expectations are very high for cody latimer.

yes, yes, effing yes!!!!!!

LTC Pain
03-30-2015, 05:34 PM
More info on Schofield. Hope he can keep the weight on and take the RT job.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27815734/michael-schofield-adds-weight-ready-compete-starting-job

I Eat Staples
03-30-2015, 06:22 PM
From the press at the owners' meetings:

Chris Hall ‏@BroncosTV 31m31 minutes ago

Offensively, lots of Manning talk this morning, no surprise, but other big takeaway is expectations are very high for Cody Latimer.

They should be. We traded up to pick a guy who was expected to be available when we would have picked anyway, and then had him sit behind Andre Caldwell and never play. He better be damn good this year.

I really hope this new regime actually plays our draft picks. This isn't college football where redshirting a player has value; most players that are going to be great come into the league ready to play. If a 1st round pick doesn't make an impact right away, I'd say his chances of ever doing so aren't great.

Valar Morghulis
03-30-2015, 06:32 PM
I never knew we traded up for Latimer

Did we not also take schofield a round earlier than he was projected

LTC Pain
03-30-2015, 06:42 PM
More info on Schofield. Hope he can keep the weight on and take the RT job.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27815734/michael-schofield-adds-weight-ready-compete-starting-job

And this from the Broncos website today:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Opportunity-beckons-for-Michael-Schofield/97c32b7f-170d-4d2b-9466-0de65ac13329

VonDoom
04-06-2015, 01:07 PM
Patrick Smyth ‏@psmyth12 7m7 minutes ago

Broncos' @johnelway has built 1 of NFL's youngest rosters - T-6th fewest 30+yr. old players (6) (http://tinyurl.com/os3yaeu , via @JimmyKempski).

SR
04-06-2015, 02:00 PM
Patrick Smyth ‏@psmyth12 7m7 minutes ago Broncos' @johnelway has built 1 of NFL's youngest rosters - T-6th fewest 30+yr. old players (6) (http://tinyurl.com/os3yaeu , via @JimmyKempski).

Now we need to keep those young players worth keeping.

CoachChaz
04-06-2015, 02:32 PM
Now we need to keep those young players worth keeping.

Yeah...big difference between youth and talent

Simple Jaded
04-06-2015, 11:20 PM
I never knew we traded up for Latimer

Did we not also take schofield a round earlier than he was projected

NFL Draft Scout and Ourlads had a 3-4 round grade on him.