PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Brewer, Broncos agree to four-year contract

Denver Native (Carol)
03-05-2015, 05:51 PM
The Broncos have reached an agreement with long snapper Aaron Brewer on a four-year contract.

Brewer, who has been a Broncos long snapper since 2012, was a restricted free agent. The minimum tender for a restricted free agent is $1.59 million, which would have made him the highest-paid long snapper by nearly $500,000.

The multiyear contract will average considerably less on a yearly basis.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27652560/aaron-brewer-broncos-agree-four-year-contract

BroncoWave
03-05-2015, 05:52 PM
Woo-hoo! Thanks Peyton!

GEM
03-05-2015, 05:55 PM
Well Got damn!!! The LS is signed long term....now maybe we can get Pot Roast signed? Like now please.

chazoe60
03-05-2015, 05:56 PM
I think we should trade him for whoever the Patriots LS is. #championship

GEM
03-05-2015, 06:01 PM
I think we should trade him for whoever the Patriots LS is. #championship

Does the Patriots LS have tattoos? Deja!

BroncoNut
03-05-2015, 06:12 PM
I think we need more than a long snapper to win superbowls

Ziggy
03-05-2015, 06:38 PM
Well Got damn!!! The LS is signed long term....now maybe we can get Pot Roast signed? Like now please.

You might want to give up on that fairy tale Gem. If the Broncos wanted Pot Roast back, it would have already been in the works.

GEM
03-05-2015, 10:13 PM
You might want to give up on that fairy tale Gem. If the Broncos wanted Pot Roast back, it would have already been in the works.

A girl can hope. :( Beyond dumb to let him go.

LTC Pain
03-05-2015, 10:31 PM
Can Brewer punt halfway decent?

BroncoWave
03-06-2015, 08:43 AM
A girl can hope. :( Beyond dumb to let him go.

He doesn't seem to want to be here, he will be expensive to keep, and we actually have depth at the DT postion now. I don't think it's that horrible to let him go to be honest.

GEM
03-06-2015, 12:45 PM
He doesn't seem to want to be here, he will be expensive to keep, and we actually have depth at the DT postion now. I don't think it's that horrible to let him go to be honest.

I don't think Sly or Austin is at his level honestly. I do like that Fox played them both 50% of the snaps to prepare for this though. We just don't have a lot of vocal leaders on defense and letting good talent who is also a guy that motivates that side of the ball could be bad. We've been looking for exactly him for awhile, so just letting him go puts me on edge.

dogfish
03-07-2015, 09:59 PM
somewhere, cheese is still pissed. . .

dogfish
03-07-2015, 10:00 PM
I don't think Sly or Austin is at his level honestly. I do like that Fox played them both 50% of the snaps to prepare for this though. We just don't have a lot of vocal leaders on defense and letting good talent who is also a guy that motivates that side of the ball could be bad. We've been looking for exactly him for awhile, so just letting him go puts me on edge.

agreed completely, but it looks like he's gone. . . very disappointing, IMO. . .

Jsteve01
03-07-2015, 10:17 PM
I have to say that I really like Knighton but his weight issues are a major concern. And I have doubts as to his work ethic. Don't forget he was benched three seasons ago in Jacksonville. Not sure how he responds to the pay day. We kind of know what he brings. Williams and Austin both penetrate better

Valar Morghulis
03-08-2015, 02:16 AM
I have to say that I really like Knighton but his weight issues are a major concern. And I have doubts as to his work ethic. Don't forget he was benched three seasons ago in Jacksonville. Not sure how he responds to the pay day. We kind of know what he brings. Williams and Austin both penetrate better

I don't know, with all that weight behind him, I bet pot roast can do some serious penetrating