PDA

View Full Version : David Bruton hopes his 2015 brings more than special-teams work

Denver Native (Carol)
03-03-2015, 06:34 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- This is a difficult period on the NFL calendar -- even for those players who aren't facing the start of free agency next week.

Because for players who stay and endure, like the second-longest tenured current Bronco, safety David Bruton, the end of one league year and the start of another means plenty of goodbyes.

It's the nature of the business, but that doesn't mean Bruton or anyone else likes it.

"Oh, business sucks. It happens," Bruton said. "It's what I've seen for seven years: many faces come and go. Heck, I think [left tackle Ryan] Clady's the only consistent face that I've seen day in and day out.

"But it happens, and it's the sad part about the business. You build those camaraderies and those friendships and that respect, and the next thing you know, the guy's either not with you on the team, he's playing elsewhere, or he's not in the league."

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/David-Bruton-hopes-his-2015-brings-more-than-special-teams-work/f38742eb-0294-40a4-9d67-6c4c33a33c3a

Dapper Dan
03-04-2015, 10:46 PM
Well he's been here for how long and he hasn't won us a Super Bowl. He needs to take a pay cut so we can bring in more guys. If he doesn't like that he can leave. Because that's how we do.

GEM
03-05-2015, 05:56 PM
He's a freaking beast on Special Teams. Keep him around or our bad ST will be worse.

BroncoWave
03-05-2015, 05:59 PM
Well he's been here for how long and he hasn't won us a Super Bowl. He needs to take a pay cut so we can bring in more guys. If he doesn't like that he can leave. Because that's how we do.

You know Peyton actually took a paycut. So all of these people you are mocking who were demanding he take a paycut wound up being right. I'm not really sure what your point is here with this "well why doesn't everyone else take a paycut?" shtick.

Dapper Dan
03-05-2015, 06:44 PM
You know Peyton actually took a paycut. So all of these people you are mocking who were demanding he take a paycut wound up being right. I'm not really sure what your point is here with this "well why doesn't everyone else take a paycut?" shtick.

Okay.

BroncoWave
03-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Okay.

So you're just trolling then. Got it. :)

Timmy!
03-05-2015, 07:09 PM
Would you two just bang and get it over with already.