PDA

View Full Version : A very strange and "top-heavy" season this year

East Coast Fan
12-02-2007, 07:34 PM
I can't believe how lopsided this season is; I know that awhile back I posted about a sportscaster saying "we all know that the AFC Championship game is going to be New England vs. the Colts, so why are we bothering to play the season?" It looks like he's right-and in the NFC you have Dallas and Green Bay and then it drops off considerably. Unless some team gets hot down the stretch, it may play out like that. As far as our guys go, I still root for them, but I have very little "emotion" about it anymore. I used to watch other games here when Denver wasn't on and follow our score on the ticker, but now I don't even hardly do that. They kept showing highlights of the Raiders scoring and the score getting higher and I turned it off. Been a fan since 1972 and am hard pressed to remember a season that I felt this "void of emotion" about the team. Even in the few "off" seasons in the Elway years I still felt okay about the team probably because of Elway; now, there's very, very little to get excited about, unfortunately. There's always next season....:rip::ohwell:

Lonestar
12-08-2007, 02:23 PM
I can't believe how lopsided this season is; I know that awhile back I posted about a sportscaster saying "we all know that the AFC Championship game is going to be New England vs. the Colts, so why are we bothering to play the season?" It looks like he's right-and in the NFC you have Dallas and Green Bay and then it drops off considerably. Unless some team gets hot down the stretch, it may play out like that. As far as our guys go, I still root for them, but I have very little "emotion" about it anymore. I used to watch other games here when Denver wasn't on and follow our score on the ticker, but now I don't even hardly do that. They kept showing highlights of the Raiders scoring and the score getting higher and I turned it off. Been a fan since 1972 and am hard pressed to remember a season that I felt this "void of emotion" about the team. Even in the few "off" seasons in the Elway years I still felt okay about the team probably because of Elway; now, there's very, very little to get excited about, unfortunately. There's always next season....:rip::ohwell:

Just noticed this post and it is outstanding..

I have less passion this year from just after TC started, mainly because I did not see how they could possibly be that good with it being a rebuilding year in all.

The only reason I thought they could manage was perhaps MARTYgate and then SAN getting Norv. But that was even huge stretch.. I chose not to get emotionally tied up until I saw them win some games..

I have been guilty of that to many years in the past.. It is not that I want them to win, I'm just not really disappointed when they do lose, because I set my level of expectations low for the year.. I figured a 7-9 season before the season started maybe 8-8 if lots of things fell the right way for us.

I will remain a Bronco fan but have my sights set strongly on NEXT year..

topscribe
12-08-2007, 02:39 PM

You were excited about Elway. You're not excited about Cutler? He has had
a better first 16 games than any other QB ever has, except Marino, to my
knowledge. And aren't you excited about Marshall, Scheffler, and that
terrific RB corps?

Yes, this is a tough season, but we still have a whole lot to be excited about!! :woot:

-----

Lonestar
12-08-2007, 03:59 PM
terrific RB corps?

Yes, this is a tough season, but we still have a whole lot to be excited about!! :woot:

-----

I think everyone has developed the excitement about Jay this year.. But many did not have that great of radar. You have to admit his last few games LAST year were not inspiring to but a few rabid Cutler fans Read Jake haters..

I am really surprised at how far he has come this year with at least the following areas..

Internal clock*** was sacked way to many times last year.
Escapability*** lost of sacks
learning the plays
Sophomore slump

I was also concerned on how all the newbies were gonna react with him.

East Coast Fan
12-08-2007, 09:59 PM
terrific RB corps?

-----

Oh sure, I believe that Cutler and the young players on offense are one day going to be very special indeed. I particularly like the Cutler-Scheffler connection; I think that they have just started to tap the surface of what they can do there. And Marshall should be very good, also. But as I'm sure you'll remember, even though Elway struggled the team was still posting winning records in his early years; 13-3 in '84 and the Super Bowl runs a few years later. This year has been almost a total collapse; the only bright spot IS the offense (at times) and even they've come up short a lot this season i.e. 41-3 vs. San Diego, 44-7 vs. Detroit, etc. I personally would rate the "excitement" level of this team from 1-10 as a 3 or a 4; it's just not there for me, even though I root for them game in and game out like the past 35 years. But it just isn't there this season; hopefully it's just "growing pains" and the future WILL be brighter.

NameUsedBefore
12-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Yeah all that, and then there's this

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2007/1202/20071202__20071203_D01_SP03FBNBRONX~p1.JPG