PDA

View Full Version : Broncos meet with offensive tackles Sambrailo, Poutasi, tight ends Williams, Bell, running backs

Denver Native (Carol)
02-21-2015, 02:23 PM
INDIANAPOLIS — There is no way to know until at least after free agency which position the Broncos will select with their No. 28 overall pick in the NFL Draft on April 30.

If the Broncos sign, say, Houston Texans right tackle Derek Newton, then the team is less likely to use their first-round draft pick on a tackle.

What is known is the Broncos do have right tackle and tight end high on their list of offseason priorities. At the NFL scouting combine here this week, the Broncos did formally visit with offensive tackle Ty Sambrailo of Colorado State, Utah’s Jeremiah Poutasi and LSU’s La’el Collins.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2015/02/21/broncos-meet-offensive-tackles-sambrailo-poutasi-tight-ends-williams-bell/32713/

CoachChaz
02-21-2015, 02:33 PM
Blake Bell is my guy.

Ziggy
02-21-2015, 02:35 PM
La'el Collins is out of reach barring a trade up by the Broncos.

TXBRONC
02-21-2015, 02:44 PM
I caught a glimpse Bell and Williams at the combine unfortunately it was only the 40 yard dash. I wish I had seen some of their other drills.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-21-2015, 03:16 PM
I caught a glimpse Bell and Williams at the combine unfortunately it was only the 40 yard dash. I wish I had seen some of their other drills.

The Broncos' website has been carrying this live. The next session will start at 4:00 ET

BTV Live: Scouting Combine (Podium C)
Watch live coverage all day from Podium C at the NFL Scouting Combine.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-Live-Scouting-Combine-Podium-C/09f5b824-aca4-4f3b-a6b6-326b2deca15d

Simple Jaded
02-21-2015, 05:49 PM
Sambrailo is fat and slow with short arms.

Lancane
02-21-2015, 08:44 PM
Sambrailo is fat and slow with short arms.

:confused:

He's 6'5, 305lbs. and has a 5.5 draft grade according to most, that is better then most of the prospects.

I was glad to Havenstein do some good for his stock, he actually leap frogged Sambrailo and Erving.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-22-2015, 02:39 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 6m

Broncos searching for a fullback. They interviewed Alabama fullback Jalston Fowler.

Simple Jaded
02-22-2015, 02:45 PM
:confused:

He's 6'5, 305lbs. and has a 5.5 draft grade according to most, that is better then most of the prospects.

I was glad to Havenstein do some good for his stock, he actually leap frogged Sambrailo and Erving.

He looks like a 305lb bowler not a 305 football player. 33" arms and ran 5.3-something. No thanks.

TXBRONC
02-22-2015, 03:54 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 6m

Broncos searching for a fullback. They interviewed Alabama fullback Jalston Fowler.

I just said in a different thread I would rather Denver pursue a guy who is already a fullback as opposed to converting one of our running backs. I also expected that Denver would look at the possibility of drafting one.

Lancane
02-22-2015, 06:26 PM
He looks like a 305lb bowler not a 305 football player. 33" arms and ran 5.3-something. No thanks.

Jaded don't be so hypocritical bro. Fowler also ran a 5.3 as did others, so while not great it means little, the Zone Scheme is not about speed but footwork and quickness remember Fowler comes from a ZBS school. As to the other Sherff as well as Collins have 33" arms, and nothing I've read speaks laziness on the kids part or out of shape, actually they consider him athletic just raw, he's not seen as a draft and plug player but has the tools to be a dominant lineman.

I just don't see why you dislike him so much. So I'll have to disagree with you on him - he's not my top choice, but Denver sees something in him, maybe thinking of moving him inside instead of anchoring the edge...who knows.

CoachChaz
02-22-2015, 09:27 PM
Sambrailo's value is in his nastiness. Not the greatest measurables, but he plays angry.

Simple Jaded
02-22-2015, 11:25 PM
Jaded don't be so hypocritical bro. Fowler also ran a 5.3 as did others, so while not great it means little, the Zone Scheme is not about speed but footwork and quickness remember Fowler comes from a ZBS school. As to the other Sherff as well as Collins have 33" arms, and nothing I've read speaks laziness on the kids part or out of shape, actually they consider him athletic just raw, he's not seen as a draft and plug player but has the tools to be a dominant lineman.

I just don't see why you dislike him so much. So I'll have to disagree with you on him - he's not my top choice, but Denver sees something in him, maybe thinking of moving him inside instead of anchoring the edge...who knows.

A 5.4 @ 311 is pretty weak, 33" arms for a G is fine but he's a 6-6 T and there are far better G prospects anyway. I haven't read anything I like about him, none of it sounds like a 4th round pick, much less a late 1/early 2, and that's the single reason I don't like him. It's the projections I'm getting.

Btw, both Scherff and Collins should be G's. Jarvis Harrison is a far better G, 4th-5th round, even in a ZBS. I'd rather have Fisher at T than Sambrailo, and i hate Oregon OL.

Lancane
02-23-2015, 12:24 PM
A 5.4 @ 311 is pretty weak, 33" arms for a G is fine but he's a 6-6 T and there are far better G prospects anyway. I haven't read anything I like about him, none of it sounds like a 4th round pick, much less a late 1/early 2, and that's the single reason I don't like him. It's the projections I'm getting.

Btw, both Scherff and Collins should be G's. Jarvis Harrison is a far better G, 4th-5th round, even in a ZBS. I'd rather have Fisher at T than Sambrailo, and i hate Oregon OL.

Well at least you make a rational argument, but seriously I think Sambrailo could be a good guard and that is likely where they see him. He's actually 6'5 and originally 315lbs. he has the frame to maintain more weight. He's a nasty, tough, athletic lineman...could you not see what the Broncos might not like about him? And it's possible he falls into the second round, what if he is there when they pick then? I personally like the kid and see a lot of upside, he's a bit more raw then a lot of first round lineman, but if he could come in and be a mainstay at left guard?

Denver Native (Carol)
02-23-2015, 10:34 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 5h 5 hours ago

Broncos will visit Thursday with former Houston FB/TE James Casey