PDA

View Full Version : Chargers AND Raiders Building Stadium In L.A.?

Pages : 1 [2]

ShaneFalco
08-18-2015, 06:04 PM
"But St Louis loves their Rams, they enjoy amazing support with one of the worst attendance records in the league in a timy stadium, and, but, st lou1s is awesome thou"

only great or really awful mods can get away with trolling their own forum users.

tomjonesrocks
08-18-2015, 08:52 PM
This has been the case all along, San Diego was using this as leverage.

I hope this is the case. I would miss the opportunity to see the Broncos every year (as apparently LA would mean a division change for the Chargers).

Davii
08-18-2015, 09:34 PM
only great or really awful mods can get away with trolling their own forum users.

Art thou threatening me?

Cool story thou

ShaneFalco
08-20-2015, 11:33 PM
So kroenke banned signs at practice in st. louis

but apparently anything flies in oxnard.

Just keep on poisoning that well.

Wont be able to ban the signs at the games this year.

ShaneFalco
10-24-2015, 05:24 PM
apparently SD not just "leverage" after all.

Chargers to File Relocation Paperwork Ahead of Potential Los Angeles Move

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2582224-chargers-to-file-relocation-paperwork-ahead-of-potential-los-angeles-move

ShaneFalco
10-24-2015, 05:26 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000564185/article/chargers-counsel-confirms-team-will-file-for-relocation

Simple Jaded
10-25-2015, 09:41 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000564185/article/chargers-counsel-confirms-team-will-file-for-relocation

So the Rams and Chargers to LA?

ShaneFalco
10-25-2015, 09:51 PM
i dont think rams will be going

ShaneFalco
10-29-2015, 09:46 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/st-louis-rams/0ap3000000567324/St-Louis-Town-Hall-Meeting

St. Louis Town Hall Meeting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-E1LkoGHtI

Joel
10-29-2015, 10:00 PM
The Rams return to L.A. (or Cleveland,) the Chargers should stay the Hell where they are, and the owners should stop letting each other rip the hearts out of cities and fanbases whenever one of them wants to rent more skyboxes and sell more $5 drinks while local taxpayers cover the costs. No wonder L.A. told the Rams to go Cheney themselves.

7DnBrnc53
10-30-2015, 02:05 AM
The Rams return to L.A. (or Cleveland,) the Chargers should stay the Hell where they are, and the owners should stop letting each other rip the hearts out of cities and fanbases whenever one of them wants to rent more skyboxes and sell more $5 drinks while local taxpayers cover the costs. No wonder L.A. told the Rams to go Cheney themselves.

I would like to see the Rams go back to Cleveland, and have the Browns go to St. Louis and take on a new name (Stallions or Gunners or something). The Cleveland Browns may need to be retired because they have been so bad.

ShaneFalco
10-30-2015, 02:08 AM
Lol no thanks to that awful team, People in stl love gurley, tavon, Donald and quinn.

I would like to see the local stl group get the rams from kroenke.

All my friends have started going to Rams games again, because they finally have a team to be somewhat proud of. You dont just take away a resurgence in the fanbase, and a publically funded stadium. Kroenke may not even have the votes to move the team.

OrangeHoof
10-30-2015, 04:19 AM
"National Car Rental Field...where Missouri taxpayers give until it Hertz."

Joel
10-30-2015, 04:33 AM
I would like to see the Rams go back to Cleveland, and have the Browns go to St. Louis and take on a new name (Stallions or Gunners or something). The Cleveland Browns may need to be retired because they have been so bad.

What the Browns did with Otto Graham and Jim Brown merits continuation in perpetuity. And the Browns have no connection to St. Louis: The Cardinals should go back to the place they were named after the local MLB team; it's just weird to have the Cardinals baseball team still in St. Louis but the football team in Arizona.

Lol no thanks to that awful team, People in stl love gurley, tavon, Donald and quinn.

I would like to see the local stl group get the rams from kroenke.

All my friends have started going to Rams games again, because they finally have a team to be somewhat proud of. You dont just take away a resurgence in the fanbase, and a publically funded stadium. Kroenke may not even have the votes to move the team.

Kroenke's moving a team to chase more profit at local taxpayers expense, like so many owners before and yet to come: NOTHING could stop him getting EVERY vote except Spanos getting them instead. But there's no reason L.A. can't have TWO teams; NYC does, and more revenue from a single stadium would motivate the city. Frankly, two NFL teams in a market as small as MO is an anomalous, likely unsustainable, relic, and 20 mostly bad years don't strongly tie the Rams to the city; most of their existence was in L.A.

ShaneFalco
10-30-2015, 05:32 AM
Actually the stl stadium is funded by hotels and the entertainment in the area. It will be a beautiful waterfront stadium.

And he does not have the votes. Spanos has 9 to block him. NY sports fans are completely different then the lax Cali sports fan. Two teams? Sorry but Kansas City does not count. Its right on the border. Its a Kansas team. The majority of MO watches STL Rams. How many Superbowls did they win in LA?

You should watch the packed town hall meeting in st louis before making comments like that.

OrangeHoof
10-30-2015, 05:15 PM
The football Cardinals actually began in Chicago (they are the NFL's oldest surviving franchise) and moved to St. Louis because the Bears were more successful.

Simple Jaded
10-31-2015, 08:36 PM
So the Arizona Cardinals team started out as a Chicago team named after a St Louis baseball team? Classic.

OrangeHoof
11-01-2015, 07:18 AM
It will be a beautiful waterfront stadium.

That will stink like hell after every time the river floods.

OrangeHoof
11-01-2015, 07:27 AM
So the Arizona Cardinals team started out as a Chicago team named after a St Louis baseball team? Classic.

Don't think they were named after the baseball team. Sporting goods were sparse a hundred years ago and the choice of team colors was quite limited. This explains why so many traditional college football powers have simple color schemes - because in the early days the producers of sporting goods only made them in a handful of colors (largely black, white, blue, red and brown). So devotees of red began trying to distinguish their teams by referring to them as the crimson, scarlet, burgandy, cardinal, etc.

Cardinal was likely a reference to the color of their jerseys when the team was formed and not any birds or baseball teams and that the bird mascot came later.

OrangeHoof
11-01-2015, 07:34 AM

Don't think they were named after the baseball team. Sporting goods were sparse a hundred years ago and the choice of team colors was quite limited. This explains why so many traditional college football powers have simple color schemes - because in the early days the producers of sporting goods only made them in a handful of colors (largely black, white, blue, red and brown). So devotees of red began trying to distinguish their teams by referring to them as the crimson, scarlet, burgandy, cardinal, etc.

Cardinal was likely a reference to the color of their jerseys when the team was formed and not any birds or baseball teams and that the bird mascot came later.

edit: From Wikipedia on the birth of the Chicago Cardinals:

In 1898, Chicago painting and building contractor Chris O'Brien (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_O%27Brien_%28American_football%29) established an amateur Chicago (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago)-based athletic club football team named the Morgan Athletic Club. O'Brien later moved them to Chicago's Normal Park (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_Park) and renamed them the Racine Normals, since Normal Park was located on Racine Avenue in Chicago. In 1901, O'Brien bought used maroon (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maroon_%28color%29) uniforms from the University of Chicago (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Maroons), the colors of which had by then faded, leading O'Brien to exclaim, "That's not maroon, it's cardinal red!" It was then that the team changed its name to the Racine Cardinals.

Of course, but for that quirk, you Arizona fans might be rooting for the "Arizona Normals" today.

FanInAZ
11-01-2015, 07:42 AM
The football Cardinals actually began in Chicago (they are the NFL's oldest surviving franchise) and moved to St. Louis because the Bears were more successful.

Actually, the Bears also started in 1920, but they were the "Decatur Staleys." They were named after the company that was Halas' employer at the time whom he got to sponsor them. They moved to Chicago, but Halas was able to negotiate keeping the company sponsorship & name for 1 additional year. The following season, 1922, the company dropped their sponsorship & Halas changed the team name to the "Bears."

I originally got these facts from a book commemorating the NFL's 75th anniversary, 1994. Most of them I can't verify with a link of any kind, but the Bears original name & city of origin can be confirmed at:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/chi/

FanInAZ
11-01-2015, 07:51 AM

edit: From Wikipedia on the birth of the Chicago Cardinals:

Of course, but for that quirk, you Arizona fans might be rooting for the "Arizona Normals" today.

Interesting, but the NFL doesn't officially recognizing any pre-APFA (the league's original name: American Pro Football Association) history.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/crd/

ShaneFalco
11-12-2015, 11:40 AM
http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20151111/carolina-panthers-owner-jerry-richardson-sides-with-chargers-raiders-on-carson-project

Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson sides with Chargers, Raiders on Carson project

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-news/4660865-st-louis-rams-stadium-nfl-relocation-rumors-los-angeles-jerry-richardson-carolina-panthers-stan-kroenke

Panthers owner says St. Louis stadium plan could halt Rams' relocation

VonDoom
01-11-2016, 03:57 PM
According to this article, the owners seem to support the Chargers and Rams being the teams to move to LA and share a stadium in Inglewood (always up to no good):

There's a sense that most owners want the Chargers and Rams in Inglewood, but aren't sure of the best way to make it happen. The idea of the Raiders returning to L.A. is not popular among many owners.

One owner said that the NFL has to realize that "we just can't solve all three stadium problems in one fell swoop."

It would mean striking a bargain that keeps the Raiders out of L.A. but doesn't leave them empty handed. Such a maneuver could mean that the Raiders return to Oakland in the short term, but can explore relocating to other cities, among them San Diego, St. Louis or joining the San Francisco 49ers in their new stadium in Santa Clara

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-la-relocation-20160112-story.html

Davii
01-11-2016, 04:05 PM
According to this article, the owners seem to support the Chargers and Rams being the teams to move to LA and share a stadium in Inglewood (always up to no good):

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-la-relocation-20160112-story.html

This, quite honestly, makes the most sense. The St. Louis Raiders... Yuck, but I could see it happening.

The Glue Factory
01-12-2016, 01:49 PM
This, quite honestly, makes the most sense. The St. Louis Raiders... Yuck, but I could see it happening.

A name to go with their winning ways?

ShaneFalco
01-12-2016, 02:28 PM
not happening. Spanos holds the votes to block. He holds committee vote as well. As well as bringing Disney to the table. Spanos has stated "wants nothing to do with Kroenke".

http://www.chargers.com/video/2016/01/12/bob-iger-recaps-carson-presentation

VonDoom
01-12-2016, 04:00 PM
SportsCenter

@SportsCenter

The NFL's six-owner Committee on Los Angeles Opportunities has recommended the joint bid between Raiders & Chargers.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 12m12 minutes ago

Raiders and Chargers would go along with whatever the NFL recommends in terms of changing divisions should Carson get the 24 votes needed

ShaneFalco
01-12-2016, 04:38 PM
Kroenke bid to ing has been pulled.

No solo move for rams.

ShaneFalco
01-12-2016, 04:38 PM
Kroenke apparently threatned the owners with Collusion if Carson approved.

LOL

That must have played well to 31 billionaires.

The balls on this guy....

ShaneFalco
01-12-2016, 04:41 PM
Rams plan for ING has been pulled off the table.

Vote will be eithier Charger/Rams in ing or Chargers/Raiders in Carson.

Stan has low support as he threatened the owners before the vote. And Iger/Spanos has stated they will not be apart of any stadium with Kroenke.

We will see how this plays out. I would love nothing more then to watch this ass hole get denied after poisoning the well for 5 years.

Davii
01-12-2016, 04:41 PM
Kroenke apparently threatned the owners with Collusion if Carson approved.

LOL

That must have played well to 31 billionaires.

The balls on this guy....

You don't become a billionaire by being timid I guess.

ShaneFalco
01-12-2016, 04:45 PM
@HBalzer721 13m13 minutes ago
Hearing Stan Kroenke told owners this morning not to cross him; believes there would be collusion if chose Carson with Chargers-Raiders.

@HBalzer721 11m11 minutes ago
Of course, there would be no collusion if owners vote for him? And, if true, he should look up definition of collusion.

ShaneFalco
01-12-2016, 04:45 PM
Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

There is nothing stipulated in Raiders/Chargers proposal about which team would move to the NFC West should it pass. Either team open to it.

Raiders and Chargers would go along with whatever the NFL recommends in terms of changing divisions should Carson get the 24 votes needed

VonDoom
01-12-2016, 04:50 PM
I don't really like any of these current plans, though I don't live in LA, so I don't really care about their traffic issues (I heard Inglewood would be a nightmare to get in and out of), Better Chargers/Rams, IMO. I don't really want to see our division realigned at this point.

ShaneFalco
01-12-2016, 04:51 PM
You don't become a billionaire by being timid I guess.

always easy when you can marry into money

Davii
01-12-2016, 04:56 PM
I don't really like any of these current plans, though I don't live in LA, so I don't really care about their traffic issues (I heard Inglewood would be a nightmare to get in and out of), Better Chargers/Rams, IMO. I don't really want to see our division realigned at this point.

Me either. I don't think there should be two teams in LA, or really any city other than NYC. I hate the realignment of the division, I think it's just plain stupid. I also hate the NFL losing San Diego as a SB spot because it's a GREAT city for the SB. A new stadium near the water in SD would be awesome.

ShaneFalco
01-12-2016, 05:02 PM
The only team with an actual gripe to move is the Raiders, because they play in a stadium built in the 70s.

STL has a finalized plan with money ready to go, SD was in process of making one.

Davii
01-12-2016, 05:07 PM
The only team with an actual gripe to move is the Raiders, because they play in a stadium built in the 70s.

STL has a finalized plan with money ready to go, SD was in process of making one.

I don't even know if Oak does or not. I know you hate hearing it, but the stadium proposal in STL isn't that good. I'd personally be a little pissed with the smallest stadium in the NFL. Not that it wouldn't be a great stadium, but it's small.

ShaneFalco
01-12-2016, 05:09 PM
its still the 5th highest amount of public money ever offered for a new NFL stadium. Its not awful

Davii
01-12-2016, 05:14 PM
its still the 5th highest amount of public money ever offered for a new NFL stadium. Its not awful

I didn't say it was awful. I said it's the smallest stadium in the league. Obviously the NFL views it as not enough given Goodell's comments about the three cities. I agree that the Raiders have the biggest gripe, but they're also the ones that, rumor has it, the owners want to stay put the most.

ShaneFalco
01-12-2016, 05:24 PM
which is straight up stupid.

If spanos splits market with kroenke, Rams will overtake Chargers easily in terms of fan support.

LA wants either Raiders or Rams.

Davii
01-12-2016, 05:25 PM
which is straight up stupid.

Depends. I don't know their reasons, nor do you. We'll find out soon enough who's moving though... I know it's not Denver so I really don't give a shit, I just hate seeing divisions change, etc.

Ravage!!!
01-12-2016, 06:12 PM
I don't thnk the division will change.

But I would bet that they take an AFC team and an NFC team, and not two AFC teams. Why? Because of the playoffs.

The Jets and Giants share a stadium. Have done it since the beginning, so we know it can easily be done. But in the playoffs, if both teams make it and both are from the same conference, then both teams would need the stadium (possibly) on the same day..back to back. As it is right now, the AFC plays on Sat, and the NFC plays on Sun...or vice versa. So both games could be scheduled for playoff, home games, without there being a conflict. UNLESS, both teams happen to get to their conference championship game, with a homefield advantage, on the same year.

ShaneFalco
01-12-2016, 06:26 PM
all i know is, ill probably be done with NFL for long time, if they pay for a stadium for Raiders, while letting STL/SD rot.

Davii
01-12-2016, 06:35 PM
all i know is, ill probably be done with NFL for long time, if they pay for a stadium for Raiders, while letting STL/SD rot.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Raiders be told to move into Levi.

ShaneFalco
01-12-2016, 07:09 PM
looks like Rams/Chargers to ING. Raiders get 200mil bailout. While the league tells STL and SD to **** off.

So yea. Prolly wont be around for a bit. Cancelling all my NFL shit. Done with this.

Hope STL sues them into oblivion and gets tax exempt status removed.

MOtorboat
01-12-2016, 07:13 PM
It wouldn't surprise me to see the Raiders be told to move into Levi.

Didn't the 49ers file a lawsuit restricting Oakland in where they can move within the Bay Area?

BroncoJoe
01-12-2016, 08:42 PM
LA Rams. Back again.

tomjonesrocks
01-12-2016, 08:54 PM
Trying to catch up.

So the Rams are gone with SD maybe gone if they're willing to join the Rams?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2016, 09:06 PM
Trying to catch up.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 33m

Rams to LA, with Chargers getting first crack through Jan 16, 2017, then Raiders have preference, per sources.

Cugel
01-12-2016, 09:06 PM
Trying to catch up.

Pretty much sums it up. It takes 24 votes to approve this move so there was no way the owners would approve just the Rams moving by themselves. And Kroenke had the votes to veto any move that didn't include the Rams (supposedly) (i.e. 9 votes).

Raiders are left out, but they would benefit financially from the money received, so they could get a new stadium out of it and stay put in the Oakland area, which is really what the NFL wants (though not what the Raiders want).

When the owners say they can't solve all the stadium issues at once that's what they mean - Raiders will just have to eat it for a while.

Chargers meanwhile need to move ASAP since they don't have anywhere to play. That has to be a priority for them.

SR
01-12-2016, 10:07 PM
Bye Falco.

BroncoWave
01-12-2016, 10:12 PM
Bye Falco.

I feel bad for him. No one deserves to lose their team.

DenBronx
01-12-2016, 10:27 PM
looks like Rams/Chargers to ING. Raiders get 200mil bailout. While the league tells STL and SD to **** off.

So yea. Prolly wont be around for a bit. Cancelling all my NFL shit. Done with this.

I've seen 500 mill and 200 mill. It's only 100 mill to each the Chargers and Oakland of they don't go to LA.

And how did the NFL tell them to **** off? They did everything they could and basically held their hand through the whole process. It's not the NFLs fault St. Louis is a crap hole.

DenBronx
01-12-2016, 10:28 PM
Mark Davis aka Tommy Boy looks so disappointed today and I love it. Lolol

Simple Jaded
01-12-2016, 10:55 PM

Chron.......Kroenke can suck some wet farts.

ShaneFalco
01-13-2016, 03:59 AM
I've seen 500 mill and 200 mill. It's only 100 mill to each the Chargers and Oakland of they don't go to LA.

And how did the NFL tell them to **** off? They did everything they could and basically held their hand through the whole process. It's not the NFLs fault St. Louis is a crap hole.

stay classy you ******* piece of shit

MOtorboat
01-13-2016, 04:51 AM
I can't feel bad for St. Louis. Wouldn't support the Cardinals so they left, lucked into ripping the heart out of Los Angeles fans and then wouldn't support that team either.

**** 'em. And that shit hole of a dome.

OrangeHoof
01-13-2016, 04:59 AM
If it must be, I hope the Rams come back to L.A. wearing those classic uniforms of the 1960s.

http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/files/import/62582-!B(bq!,w!mk~$(KGrHgoH-D0EjlLlvkV2BKcN9y,8gQ~~_1.jpg

Fearsome Foursome, Roman Gabriel, Jack Snow...those were the days.

SR
01-13-2016, 06:13 AM
I feel bad for him. No one deserves to lose their team.

He said he was leaving. I said bye. No one deserves to lose their team, but he lives in Denver, posts on a Broncos message board, and roots for the Broncos. The writing is on the wall. He's a Broncos fan now.

SR
01-13-2016, 06:14 AM

Come on man...don't resort to that.

VonDoom
01-13-2016, 07:32 AM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 9h9 hours ago

With how NFL thinks and logistics work, would be an upset if the Los Angeles Rams didn't open 2016 season at home on Monday Night Football.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10h10 hours ago

What about 2016? #Chargers have up to the conclusion of @NFL meetings Mar. 20-23 to decide if they're playing in LA area or SD that year

Michael David Smith ‏@MichaelDavSmith 10h10 hours ago

Stan Kroenke just said the Rams moving will "help a lot of people with lower incomes." Yes, I'm sure that was his motivation for doing this.

Tom Pelissero Verified account
‏@TomPelissero

Jerry Jones praises Stan Kroneke leading #Rams back to L.A. as "absolutely the greatest plan that's ever been conceived in sports"

BroncoWave
01-13-2016, 08:44 AM
I can't feel bad for St. Louis. Wouldn't support the Cardinals so they left, lucked into ripping the heart out of Los Angeles fans and then wouldn't support that team either.

**** 'em. And that shit hole of a dome.

NFL teams are the primary source of income for hundreds of people whether it be team employees, stadium staff, security, you name or. Or business owners such as bars around the stadium that thrive on the crowds that stadium brings in. The team moving is going to hurt a bunch of people. I just think it callous to just mock a whole city for losing their team because "oh well, you didn't support them".

Having lived in a small market NFL city and having worked for the team there, and a team that had been threatened to be moved in the last 10 years nonetheless, I know firsthand how absolutely devastating it would be to so many people there if that were to ever happen.

OrangeHoof
01-13-2016, 10:30 AM
Houston lived through this. So did Cleveland. St. Louis can start wooing the Gaguars.

The Glue Factory
01-13-2016, 10:43 AM
St. Louis has been through this before when the Cardinals left.

BroncoWave
01-13-2016, 10:45 AM
St. Louis has been through this before when the Cardinals left.

Not really sure how comparable those situations are though. The NFL wasn't the mammoth then that it is now.

Ravage!!!
01-13-2016, 12:08 PM
Not really sure how comparable those situations are though. The NFL wasn't the mammoth then that it is now.

:lol: YEs it was. Dude it wasnt that long ago. I know you think we are SOOOOO old on here if we are 40, but it was only 1988. The NFL has been the mammoth for a long time. The city losing it's team then is no different than losing it now.

Slick
01-13-2016, 12:28 PM
St Louis had a long time to put something together. They just never did. I feel sorry for Rams fans but it seems like the city was dragging it's feet on this for quite a while.

BroncoWave
01-13-2016, 01:04 PM
:lol: YEs it was. Dude it wasnt that long ago. I know you think we are SOOOOO old on here if we are 40, but it was only 1988. The NFL has been the mammoth for a long time. The city losing it's team then is no different than losing it now.

I actually didn't realize it was that recent. I just assumed it was much longer ago. Regardless, my point wasn't that it would permanently cripple the city. Just that I think it's a bit callous to make fun of the fact that a bunch of people are about to lose their jobs or a big source of their income, and that people more in my age group who have grown up with that team no longer having them. I'm sure they will recover but I'm also sure it totally sucks for them right now and I'm not going to rub it in their faces.

tomjonesrocks
01-13-2016, 01:13 PM
St Louis had a long time to put something together. They just never did. I feel sorry for Rams fans but it seems like the city was dragging it's feet on this for quite a while.

I feel the same about San Diego. I like living in an NFL city so hoped the Chargers wouldn't leave. And as long as they've been here there's history and they do have die hard fans.

But the support isn't there to publicly fund a stadium period. It seems odd these owners are willing to foot the bill on stadiums only if it includes a city change.

As valuable as San Diego is as probably the best Super Bowl city in the league I'm surprised the NFL basically gave up on keeping the team here - but it speaks to the fact the NFL just doesn't have a huge economic impact here and thus public support involving taxation can't gain ground.

BroncoJoe
01-13-2016, 01:36 PM
I actually didn't realize it was that recent. I just assumed it was much longer ago. Regardless, my point wasn't that it would permanently cripple the city. Just that I think it's a bit callous to make fun of the fact that a bunch of people are about to lose their jobs or a big source of their income, and that people more in my age group who have grown up with that team no longer having them. I'm sure they will recover but I'm also sure it totally sucks for them right now and I'm not going to rub it in their faces.

Not sure I agree with this - it's 8 weekends a year (not withstanding playoffs) where people who work at the stadium, own bars, parking lots, etc. will be financially effected. There's 52 weeks in a year...

Can't disagree with the emotional loss aspect though. Especially those who have grown up with the franchise for their whole life, or a majority of it.

Davii
01-13-2016, 01:45 PM
Not sure I agree with this - it's 8 weekends a year (not withstanding playoffs) where people who work at the stadium, own bars, parking lots, etc. will be financially effected. There's 52 weeks in a year...

Can't disagree with the emotional loss aspect though. Especially those who have grown up with the franchise for their whole life, or a majority of it.

The stadium will probably still be used as well. Certainty there will be an economic impact, and some jobs lost, but I don't know how many jobs that entails. Maybe even more than anticipated as restaurants, bars, hotels, etc might cut some staff as well.

Who knows.

Businesses move to "greener pastures" all the time.

Davii
01-13-2016, 01:47 PM

I remember when the Rams left LA. IIRC my Dad was rather upset about some nasty things said about LA in the national press that supposedly came out of STL. I don't know, I was only 11 or 12, but I remember there was a LOT of anger in SoCal over the Rams move.

MOtorboat
01-13-2016, 01:50 PM
The stadium will probably still be used as well. Certainty there will be an economic impact, and some jobs lost, but I don't know how many jobs that entails. Maybe even more than anticipated as restaurants, bars, hotels, etc might cut some staff as well.

Who knows.

Businesses move to "greener pastures" all the time.

Economic impact studies in Kansas City have shown that more money is made at the Sprint Center without a tenant than would be if there was one. Just have to use it right.

BroncoWave
01-13-2016, 01:50 PM

Teams still have a bunch of full and part time staff that work more than just the 8 games. So those people will either hope they can stay on with the team and move to LA, which still sucks because they have to move their families across the country, or otherwise they are just out of a job.

And as far as other businesses that just benefit from the team there will it put them out of business? Probably not. But it certainly will hurt.

BroncoWave
01-13-2016, 01:55 PM
I remember when the Rams left LA. IIRC my Dad was rather upset about some nasty things said about LA in the national press that supposedly came out of STL. I don't know, I was only 11 or 12, but I remember there was a LOT of anger in SoCal over the Rams move.

Oh I don't doubt it. I'm certainly happy for the people in LA that get their team back, but it does suck that it has to happen at the expense of another city. Just like it sucked that LA had to lose their team back then to St Louis.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-13-2016, 01:58 PM
I would think having 50 millionaires not spending money in the community anymore is a pretty big hit.

DenBronx
01-13-2016, 02:25 PM

Come on man...don't resort to that.

Meh...I probably pushed him too far. I had a long and mean reply but deleted it. I would have already been banned for saying that.

Shane, I think this is a great chance to sell out to the Broncos. Just say **** you to any other team and take the pledge today. You would gain ALOT more respect around here. Many of us give you shit bc of your dual loyalty to NFL teams, your political beliefs, your weed habit and the fact that you think PS4 is better than XBOX. Just think, today you can eliminate ONE of your hangups.

In fact Shane, if I hit Powerball tonight I'll buy you season tickets.

BroncoJoe
01-13-2016, 02:28 PM
Teams still have a bunch of full and part time staff that work more than just the 8 games. So those people will either hope they can stay on with the team and move to LA, which still sucks because they have to move their families across the country, or otherwise they are just out of a job.

And as far as other businesses that just benefit from the team there will it put them out of business? Probably not. But it certainly will hurt.

Happens all the time. Ask TJR. And, if given the chance to move to California and leave St. Louis? Please. I'd guess at least the full time employees will have a moving package if they want it.

I'm not saying there won't be any economic impact - clearly there will be - but not a devastating one IMO.

I would think having 50 millionaires not spending money in the community anymore is a pretty big hit.

Didn't think about that aspect, although I'd imagine not many of them stay in the St. Louis area year round. So again, maybe 20-25 weeks out of 52.

The Glue Factory
01-13-2016, 03:21 PM
Some business owners would likely see an increase in business. Sports bars will now have 16 weeks of increased patronage instead of 8.

Davii
01-13-2016, 04:02 PM
Meh...I probably pushed him too far. I had a long and mean reply but deleted it. I would have already been banned for saying that.

Shane, I think this is a great chance to sell out to the Broncos. Just say **** you to any other team and take the pledge today. You would gain ALOT more respect around here. Many of us give you shit bc of your dual loyalty to NFL teams, your political beliefs, your weed habit and the fact that you think PS4 is better than XBOX. Just think, today you can eliminate ONE of your hangups.

In fact Shane, if I hit Powerball tonight I'll buy you season tickets.

I will take this pledge. If I hit the Powerball tonight I will buy Shane season tickets.

BroncoJoe
01-13-2016, 04:59 PM
I will take this pledge. If I hit the Powerball tonight I will buy Shane season tickets.

F*** Shane. What'll you do for me?

Davii
01-13-2016, 05:01 PM

I'll buy you a toupee

Cugel
01-13-2016, 08:18 PM

You young whipper-snappers have no idea! Back in the day, sports were tough I tell ya! I remember when the you used to have to drive your chariot to the stadia and it cost 10 Babylonian shekels just for a skein of wine. But, then when the Hittites sacked Babylon in 1758 B.C. the Shekel went out of circulation, so we used to have to pay with sheep or a picul of sacked barley!

OrangeHoof
01-13-2016, 08:25 PM
Ironically, good weather cities have a difficult time keeping sports fans because the outdoors gives them many more options than the fan in, say, Minnesota or Cleveland has. Los Angeles is a notoriously front-runner fandom. If you're a winner, the celebs come to be seen with you and others come to see the celebs and the city buzzes for you (see the Lakers and the USC Trojans). If you lose, you're not important and all the stars don't want to be seen cheering a loser. That's why LA attracts teams then loses them.

Personally, I'd like to see the Chargers stay in San Diego. It's always been a quality location, a great Super Bowl host and it would just seem weird to think the city can't support an NFL team but they can support the cheap-ass bottom-feeding Padres.

DenBronx
01-14-2016, 12:11 AM

Damn, I didn't win it. Maybe we could all start a go fund me for one regular season game for him. I'd be down as long as he takes the pledge.

Davii
01-14-2016, 12:22 AM

Sorry Joe, I didn't win

ShaneFalco
01-14-2016, 03:49 AM
IF st. louis had any other owner, they would not have been moved.

This was more so about the g4 loans the NFL had dried up, they would have to negotiate with the players union for more g4 funds for OAK/SD stadium, but here comes the billionaire white knight Kroenke.....

forget negotiating with the union! lets just rob a city of their team! and charge a huge amount for relocation so other teams can build more stadiums!

Complete screwjob.

St. Louis never had a chance. They could have put a 1.7b stadium on the table, and the NFL would still use the relocation fees for free money for Oak and SD. Why was free money not given to STL? Kroenke literally got up on TV and complained that the stadium had issues in 2002! 2002! 7 YEARS AFTER THE STADIUM WAS BUILT! Then goes on to say "im doing it for poor kids, and it hurts me so much to do it". Wow just ******* wow. This is Kroenke trolling St. Louis. He hired fischer in 2010 mainly because he had been coach of the oilers when they moved! Another trolling of the city. This dude purposely poisoned the well in every single aspect he could.

The process was rigged from the start. Using relocation fees to pay for new stadiums instead of g4 loans. Using Secret ballots to hide the vote for relocation. All while feeding St. Louis false hope. So much false hope that the city spent 16million dollars on organizing a new stadium, even while paying off the millions from the debt of building the EJD.

You think i can just root for another NFL team? Thats exactly what this crooked league wants. In fact the only owners i am hearing that voted against STL losing their damn team to this maniac, is Mike Brown of Cincy, and Richardson of Carolina. I will not be watching playoffs, or even the SB. I do hope you guys win though. I have cancelled every NFL thing i used to buy, and frankly i am better off for it.

i never wanted LA to lose their team, i was 6 when they came to St. Louis, i grew up with the Rams. I always thought LA should be given expansion, or even St. Louis instead of taking that team. But i often wonder , why LA fans seem to want STL to lose the team, more then they actually wanted the Rams back to LA.

Valar Morghulis
01-14-2016, 04:14 AM
Back already!!!!

DenBronx
01-14-2016, 07:44 AM
You think i can just root for another NFL team? Thats exactly what this crooked league wants.

i never wanted LA to lose their team, i was 6 when they came to St. Louis, i grew up with the Rams.

No, how about you just root for the Broncos. We're not "just another team." You make the Broncos sound cheap and lesser than the Rams. We all know you preferred the Rams over the Broncos. That is why I told you a long time ago that any fan can't be a fan of two NFL teams equally. ONE of them you will make your #1 team and the other your #2.

And don't you live in Colorado for crying out loud?

Davii
01-14-2016, 08:18 AM
IF st. louis had any other owner, they would not have been moved.

This was more so about the g4 loans the NFL had dried up, they would have to negotiate with the players union for more g4 funds for OAK/SD stadium, but here comes the billionaire white knight Kroenke.....

forget negotiating with the union! lets just rob a city of their team! and charge a huge amount for relocation so other teams can build more stadiums!

Complete screwjob.

St. Louis never had a chance. They could have put a 1.7b stadium on the table, and the NFL would still use the relocation fees for free money for Oak and SD. Why was free money not given to STL? Kroenke literally got up on TV and complained that the stadium had issues in 2002! 2002! 7 YEARS AFTER THE STADIUM WAS BUILT! Then goes on to say "im doing it for poor kids, and it hurts me so much to do it". Wow just ******* wow. This is Kroenke trolling St. Louis. He hired fischer in 2010 mainly because he had been coach of the oilers when they moved! Another trolling of the city. This dude purposely poisoned the well in every single aspect he could.

The process was rigged from the start. Using relocation fees to pay for new stadiums instead of g4 loans. Using Secret ballots to hide the vote for relocation. All while feeding St. Louis false hope. So much false hope that the city spent 16million dollars on organizing a new stadium, even while paying off the millions from the debt of building the EJD.

You think i can just root for another NFL team? Thats exactly what this crooked league wants. In fact the only owners i am hearing that voted against STL losing their damn team to this maniac, is Mike Brown of Cincy, and Richardson of Carolina. I will not be watching playoffs, or even the SB. I do hope you guys win though. I have cancelled every NFL thing i used to buy, and frankly i am better off for it.

i never wanted LA to lose their team, i was 6 when they came to St. Louis, i grew up with the Rams. I always thought LA should be given expansion, or even St. Louis instead of taking that team. But i often wonder , why LA fans seem to want STL to lose the team, more then they actually wanted the Rams back to LA.

I don't think the NFL really sees expansion as a viable option right now. It would take adding like, what, at LEAST 4 teams and more likely 8 I think. Sorry you lost your team man, and I agree with you that Kroenke never had any thoughts of keeping the Rams in STL. He planned on moving that team to LA before he ever bought. I can't agree that he "robbed" STL of a team though, it's his team. It sucks, but it's also the nature of the beast.

If you're done with the NFL, well, so be it. It's your right to be pissed at the league. If not, hell, support an owner that supports his city.

tomjonesrocks
01-14-2016, 10:44 AM
But i often wonder , why LA fans seem to want STL to lose the team, more then they actually wanted the Rams back to LA.

I'm not really loving this news, but as someone who actually spends time there I need to ask - you think LA residents are spending time celebrating St. Louis' disappointment?

Los Angeles residents? I can't think of a city in the country less likely to spend even one second thinking about St. Louis-anything.

The Glue Factory
01-14-2016, 11:32 AM
Ya gots a point there Tom. LA is filled with people that have their noses so buried in their navels all the can see is lint. To them there's LA, the rest of California and... uhh... yeah, California and stuff.

Ravage!!!
01-14-2016, 12:44 PM
I think the fans of St. Louis got screwed, and I feel bad for them. It sucks. The dude married into 7 billion, and is not trying to play with his new toy without having an ounce as to what it means to the people of the city in a town that is an incredible sports city. Yeah, he robbed them of their team, and it sucks.

Maybe the Jaguars will move to St. Louis, (hopfully they would be allowed to change the team name and those horrible helmets)....and then the Jags would actually have a sports city to play in, and a new dome.

DenBronx
01-14-2016, 06:35 PM
I think the Jaguars have a cool name and theme but their new logo and split colors on their helmet is kind of lame. They should of just did all matte black and added in a sick looking pure metallic gold Jaguar.

The Rams theme is kind of blah and non threatening sounding.

tomjonesrocks
01-14-2016, 07:00 PM
Ya gots a point there Tom. LA is filled with people that have their noses so buried in their navels all the can see is lint. To them there's LA, the rest of California and... uhh... yeah, California and stuff.

There's all types of people in LA but you are taking about a city of 18 million-******* people. -500- square miles. Who deal with the worst traffic in the world, have jobs, relationships, and everything "LA" going on around them.

And then there's St.-******* Louis.

I bet half couldn't find St. Louis on a map.

The Glue Factory
01-15-2016, 01:17 PM
There's all types of people in LA but you are taking about a city of 18 million-******* people. -500- square miles. Who deal with the worst traffic in the world, have jobs, relationships, and everything "LA" going on around them.

Yes I painted LA with a very broad stroke. Comment meant primarily as humor. :)

Cugel
01-15-2016, 02:40 PM
I think the fans of St. Louis got screwed, and I feel bad for them. It sucks. The dude married into 7 billion, and is not trying to play with his new toy without having an ounce as to what it means to the people of the city in a town that is an incredible sports city. Yeah, he robbed them of their team, and it sucks.

Maybe the Jaguars will move to St. Louis, (hopfully they would be allowed to change the team name and those horrible helmets)....and then the Jags would actually have a sports city to play in, and a new dome.

That's just how the American Aristocracy treats ordinary people though. "I'm rich and you're not peasant!" They are total parasites who can't even imagine that their decisions affect ordinary people, or that those people matter at all.

You would think having $7 billion would make you more compassionate. What else would you do with that much money but try and make the world a better place, you could never manage to spend it all no matter how extravagant your lifestyle, but no?

The more money they get, the more greedy and selfish they become. So, the people of St. Louis got screwed? So what? I can make more meaningless billions in L.A. so, bye bye suckers! Of course all that extra money I earn won't make a particle of difference to my life, except that I like to look at all the extra zeros on my bank balance!

Oh, and thanks for spending all those millions of dollars and buying all those jerseys St. Louis fans, but I got a better deal down the road!

LawDog
01-15-2016, 02:47 PM

I have trouble finding Missouri on a map and I've been to St. Louis several times...

I can't speak for the young 'uns, but I really don't see it as St. Louis losing a team but LA getting its team back. I was never really a Rams fan (Broncos since birth, or more likely since conception) but I clearly remember being pissed at Georgia Frontierre for moving the team out of California after she bumped off her old man. I went to several Rams games at the Coliseum -- including the Nov 1972 game that Denver won -- and even one at Anaheim stadium which was a crappy place to watch football. We enjoyed being able to go to local pro games and back then driving to Sandy Eggo wasn't really an option for some reason. I'm really happy the Rams are back, I just hope I don't have to pawn my kidneys to be able to go to the games.

OrangeHoof
01-15-2016, 06:15 PM

Not without calling it San Luis.

7DnBrnc53
01-17-2016, 03:17 AM
I have trouble finding Missouri on a map and I've been to St. Louis several times...

I can't speak for the young 'uns, but I really don't see it as St. Louis losing a team but LA getting its team back. I was never really a Rams fan (Broncos since birth, or more likely since conception) but I clearly remember being pissed at Georgia Frontierre for moving the team out of California after she bumped off her old man. I went to several Rams games at the Coliseum -- including the Nov 1972 game that Denver won -- and even one at Anaheim stadium which was a crappy place to watch football. We enjoyed being able to go to local pro games and back then driving to Sandy Eggo wasn't really an option for some reason. I'm really happy the Rams are back, I just hope I don't have to pawn my kidneys to be able to go to the games.

I agree with you. It's ashame that Frontiere got that team in the first place, especially if he really did have Carroll Rosenbloom killed. I couldn't stand her.

I also agree with what someone else said about the Jags going to St. Louis (although that may not happen for years because of the lease they have). They should re-name them the Stallions (for the expansion team they could have got in the 90's).

Joel
01-17-2016, 04:00 AM
I agree with you. It's ashame that Frontiere got that team in the first place, especially if he really did have Carroll Rosenbloom killed. I couldn't stand her.
Yeah, that was my take on the move, which is why I find it so hysterical that St. Louis fans are excoriating Kroenke for doing the EXACT SAME THING to them that Georgia did to L.A. when she moved THEIR team to St. Louis in the first place. Every St. Louis fan pissed about losing "their" football team should address their hate mail to Bill Bidwell, but as for Kroenke: He may have married into the Rams ownership, but at least he didn't MURDER his EIGHTH spouse to gain control.

I also think LawDog had it right with the reference to "the young 'uns" though. I was ONE of them when Georgia mur—er, when her 72-year-old heart bypass survivor husband died during an ocean swim, and she became owner of the Rams because the will naming her husbands son owner was declared invalid. But my dad filled me in, and since I always listened when my dad talked football, I remembered.

That is, I don't grieve St. Louis losing the team I grew up watching in SBs, because I was already grown by then, so remembered whence, why and how they came to St. Louis from the city where they'd played much longer (if I were to complain about the Rams leaving the place that was their home when I watched them in a SB, it would've been when they LEFT L.A., not when they RETURNED.)

Since L.A. has nearly as many residents as the whole STATE of MO, there are probably STILL more L.A. Rams than St. Louis Rams fans. Most are older, but that just means they have more disposable income to offer the NFL than St. Louis natives who spend a large percentage of income on... "tobacco" paraphernalia.... :tongue:

I also agree with what someone else said about the Jags going to St. Louis (although that may not happen for years because of the lease they have). They should re-name them the Stallions (for the expansion team they could have got in the 90's).
That is a good idea, because the Jags are an unsupported moneypit in Jacksonville. Not for their owner, of course; he does just fine with the ~$300 million in annual NFL revenue-sharing: The Jags are a moneypit for the OTHER 31 owners, whose share of league revenue is reduced by the Jags operating at a huge loss since the day they BEGAN operating (hence efforts to recoup, or at least mitigate, that cost by playing so many Jags "home" games in far more lucrative London.)

After all, St. Louis football fans have a noble tradition (or at least a tradition ;)) of complaining about demands taxpayers buy expensive new stadiums for owners who field perennial losers by cheaping-out on salaries, first with the Bidwell and the Cards, now Kroenke and the Rams: The Jags have ALWAYS fielded perennial losers by cheaping-out on salaries, so mortgage the city to build a gaudy shrine to their futility, then wait for them to come. :tongue:

OrangeHoof
01-17-2016, 09:10 AM
A St. Louis Jaguars team could also stay in the AFC South which might want to consider a new name if Indy, St. Louis, Nashville and Houston are the cities. Nah, they'll keep South due to symmetry with the NFC. But, seriously, that's more Midwest than Southern.

7DnBrnc53
01-17-2016, 12:20 PM
but at least he didn't MURDER his EIGHTH spouse to gain control.

Her Eighth spouse? Holy cow.

That is a good idea, because the Jags are an unsupported moneypit in Jacksonville. Not for their owner, of course; he does just fine with the ~$300 million in annual NFL revenue-sharing: The Jags are a moneypit for the OTHER 31 owners, whose share of league revenue is reduced by the Jags operating at a huge loss since the day they BEGAN operating (hence efforts to recoup, or at least mitigate, that cost by playing so many Jags "home" games in far more lucrative London.)

That just demonstrates again how stupid Tags was for giving that team to Jacksonville. One of the biggest mistakes in NFL history. Florida shouldn't have three NFL teams. Only Texas and California should (I could see SA getting one, maybe the Raiders. It would be fitting. The Spurs are also Silver and Black, and two of my most hated sports teams would play in the city that I was born in).

ShaneFalco
01-17-2016, 12:46 PM
Yeah, that was my take on the move, which is why I find it so hysterical that St. Louis fans are excoriating Kroenke for doing the EXACT SAME THING to them that Georgia did to L.A. when she moved THEIR team to St. Louis in the first place. Every St. Louis fan pissed about losing "their" football team should address their hate mail to Bill Bidwell, but as for Kroenke: He may have married into the Rams ownership, but at least he didn't MURDER his EIGHTH spouse to gain control.

I also think LawDog had it right with the reference to "the young 'uns" though. I was ONE of them when Georgia mur—er, when her 72-year-old heart bypass survivor husband died during an ocean swim, and she became owner of the Rams because the will naming her husbands son owner was declared invalid. But my dad filled me in, and since I always listened when my dad talked football, I remembered.

That is, I don't grieve St. Louis losing the team I grew up watching in SBs, because I was already grown by then, so remembered whence, why and how they came to St. Louis from the city where they'd played much longer (if I were to complain about the Rams leaving the place that was their home when I watched them in a SB, it would've been when they LEFT L.A., not when they RETURNED.)

Since L.A. has nearly as many residents as the whole STATE of MO, there are probably STILL more L.A. Rams than St. Louis Rams fans. Most are older, but that just means they have more disposable income to offer the NFL than St. Louis natives who spend a large percentage of income on... "tobacco" paraphernalia.... :tongue:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/collegefootballmania/images/d/d6/Georgia_Frontiere_Super_Bowl_XXXIV.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120606194531

ShaneFalco
01-17-2016, 03:40 PM

did you win? :)

ShaneFalco
01-17-2016, 03:41 PM
It's your right to be pissed at the league. If not, hell, support an owner that supports his city.

true. Bowlen has always been class.

Davii
01-17-2016, 03:43 PM
did you win? :)

Nope. If I did I'd be at the tailgate right now insteadof sitting on my couch. :(

ShaneFalco
01-17-2016, 04:14 PM
Ive decided to become a full time broncos fan. May the gods of the ram forgive me.

Davii
01-17-2016, 04:20 PM
Ive decided to become a full time broncos fan. May the gods of the ram forgive me.

You realize that means no more Tebow stuff, right? He's not a Bronco. ;)

Valar Morghulis
01-17-2016, 04:24 PM
Would be ironic if rg3 ends up with the rams this off season

ShaneFalco
01-17-2016, 05:02 PM
You realize that means no more Tebow stuff, right? He's not a Bronco. ;)

tebow is forever a bronco

Valar Morghulis
01-17-2016, 05:11 PM

tomjonesrocks
01-17-2016, 05:14 PM

Long relationships (relationshits?) never stay broken up on the first try.

Buff
01-19-2016, 03:17 PM

He will go into the HOF as a Jet.

Slick
01-19-2016, 03:35 PM

LawDog, if you do end up hocking off a kidney, I'm your huckleberry.