PDA

View Full Version : BTV Live: Scouting Combine (Podium A)

Denver Native (Carol)
02-19-2015, 12:20 PM
Watch live coverage all day from Podium A at the NFL Scouting Combine.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-Live-Scouting-Combine-Podium-A/632b3622-16ba-45b9-815b-d845b627e8ff

I have posted this because, if they follow their online schedule, John Elway will be speaking at 12:30 MST.

VonDoom
02-19-2015, 02:47 PM
Elway says:

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 2m2 minutes ago

Elway: "We're hopeful Peyton comes back. We want him back. He has not given me a definitive answer."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Elway: "The bottom line is that I don't like to get into anybody's contract ... I believe that he'll back and he'll be back with us."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 36s36 seconds ago

Elway says he believes the Kubiak offense is "very helpful" for an older QB. He knows, cause he played in it in late 30s.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 41s42 seconds ago

Elway: "Our bottom line is to build through the draft and then add through free agency."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 13s13 seconds ago

Elway: "I think Cody (Latimer) had a good year." Says it's hard to adjust to he offense, but team has "high expectations" for him.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Elway: "We're setting what our process is going to be" re: free agents. Team is setting priorities & budget, he said.

VonDoom
02-19-2015, 03:08 PM
More Elway - must be from interviews after the presser:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 5s5 seconds ago Indianapolis, IN

Elway: Broncos will franchise tag Demaryius Thomas if they can't work out a long-term deal.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 36s36 seconds ago

Elway said wants Knighton back. But doesn't expert to know market until march

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 35s36 seconds ago

Elway wants Virgil Green back. Said that Brandon Marshall can play Mike linebacker. #broncos

VonDoom
02-19-2015, 04:28 PM
Even more Elway (apparently lots of interviews today):

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 31m31 minutes ago

Elway, on TE Julius Thomas: "We tried to do something with Julius last year and couldn't get it done. They wanted to test the market."

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 19m19 minutes ago

"Sylvester is going to get tested and he's going to get pushed, I think that's a good thing for Sylvester." Elway on Williams at NT #Broncos

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 14m14 minutes ago

John Elway: "Gary's (Kubiak) mindset, the coaching staff's mindset -- (is) they're not afraid to play young guys."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 12m12 minutes ago

Elway, on Michael Schofield, inactive all year: "We were excited about Schofield coming out of preseason, & we couldn't get him a uni(form)"

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 12m12 minutes ago

Elway on Montee Ball "In this offense we’re going to use more than one back and I believe Montee can be very helpful to our football team"

Denver Native (Carol)
02-19-2015, 06:28 PM
INDIANAPOLIS -- Like Head Coach Gary Kubiak, Executive Vice President and General Manager John Elway wants Peyton Manning to return for a fourth Broncos season and 18th in the NFL, and believes the future Hall of Fame quarterback will come back.

"We're hopeful that Peyton comes back and we want him back. As I said after the season, we wanted him back -- and we still want him back," Elway said Thursday as he met the media for the first time since announcing the hiring of Kubiak on Jan. 21.

"He has not given me a definitive answer exactly what he wants to do, but we're hopeful he is going to come back."

rest - plus videos - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Elway-on-Manning-We-want-him-back/ae9f4bdf-0fed-4927-ae2f-44aaa1ddd092

Video also talking about free agency

Denver Native (Carol)
02-19-2015, 08:07 PM
INDIANAPOLIS — Julius Thomas shouldn't feel isolated.

Plenty of Bronco standouts will join him on the free-agent market come March 10.

Terrance Knighton shouldn't take the lack of serious negotiation so personally.

His agent will meet with either Broncos general manager John Elway or contract guru Mike Sullivan here this week during the NFL scouting combine, as will the representatives of receiver Demaryius Thomas, left guard Orlando Franklin and safety Rahim Moore.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27561625/john-elway-free-agents-we-have-do-whats

Denver Native (Carol)
02-20-2015, 01:56 PM
INDIANAPOLIS — General manager John Elway wants a balanced offense regardless of his quarterback. He removed all doubt Thursday, making it clear he wants a fullback on the Denver roster, echoing coach Gary Kubiak's desire.

"My thing is that to be really effective in the running game, you have to run the fullback," Elway said. "I think to be really effective, you have to have another package."

Kubiak said he is trying to locate a fullback during this week's NFL scouting combine. Juwan Thompson, who made last season's Denver roster as an undrafted rookie, provides a potential in-house candidate, Elway said.

rest - plus more than the fullback comments
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27562959/john-elway-gary-kubiak-want-fullback-denver-broncos

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-20-2015, 02:18 PM
Even more Elway (apparently lots of interviews today):

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 31m31 minutes ago

Elway, on TE Julius Thomas: "We tried to do something with Julius last year and couldn't get it done. They wanted to test the market."

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 19m19 minutes ago

"Sylvester is going to get tested and he's going to get pushed, I think that's a good thing for Sylvester." Elway on Williams at NT #Broncos

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 14m14 minutes ago

John Elway: "Gary's (Kubiak) mindset, the coaching staff's mindset -- (is) they're not afraid to play young guys."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 12m12 minutes ago

Elway, on Michael Schofield, inactive all year: "We were excited about Schofield coming out of preseason, & we couldn't get him a uni(form)"

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 12m12 minutes ago

Elway on Montee Ball "In this offense we’re going to use more than one back and I believe Montee can be very helpful to our football team"

:laugh:
Is John saying Schofield didn't play because there weren't enough uniforms?

Denver Native (Carol)
02-20-2015, 02:28 PM
:laugh:
Is John saying Schofield didn't play because there weren't enough uniforms?

Maybe what he meant is if a player is inactive, they are not in a uniform. On the Broncos' roster he is #79

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-20-2015, 02:29 PM
Maybe what he meant is if a player is inactive, they are not in a uniform.

I don't care what he meant, or if it was tongue in cheek. It made me laugh. :D