PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Mannings coming back

DenBronx
02-13-2015, 05:52 PM
Just saw on Sports Center that Manning is deciding to come back another year per Chris Mortensen.

DenBronx
02-13-2015, 05:53 PM
No link yet but they are saying he told Bowlen and Elway he is mentally ready for the 2015 season. He has reassured all of the officials that he is coming back.

For 19 mill I would too.

Well at least this assure us another year in the playoffs. Lol

Poet
02-13-2015, 06:06 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12322156/peyton-manning-tells-denver-broncos-ready-play-2015

Peyton Manning reassured Denver Broncos officials, including general manager John Elway, that he is physically and mentally prepared to play at a significant level in 2015, league and team sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

The two sides met Thursday in Denver and while retirement technically remains an option for Manning, it is not one he expressed to Elway and CEO Joe Ellis, sources said.

Manning took it upon himself to get a comprehensive evaluation from a renown performance manager and trainer, Mackie Shilstone, during the past 2½ weeks in New Orleans. Shilstone, who was worked with several elite athletes in the latter stages of their careers, has given the quarterback a strong assessment based on numerous workouts and tests, a source said.

The quad injury that plagued Manning at the end of the 2014 season is fully healed.

Follow the link above for more.

Timmy!
02-13-2015, 06:10 PM
Good. Let's ride.

weazel
02-13-2015, 06:10 PM
well they can now make their plans knowing he is in the fold.

DenBronx
02-13-2015, 06:12 PM
We need to extend Brocks contract.

underrated29
02-13-2015, 06:15 PM
We are going to win the superbowl this year. Book it!

weazel
02-13-2015, 06:17 PM
We are going to win the superbowl this year. Book it!

I'm going to win a Pulitzer

OrangeHoof
02-13-2015, 06:32 PM
But can we keep the Thomases? I say let's try to sign Demaryius to an extention and then franchise Julius. The receiving corps takes a big hit if we lose either one. We use the savings of not re-signing Welker as part of it.

underrated29
02-13-2015, 06:43 PM
But can we keep the Thomases? I say let's try to sign Demaryius to an extention and then franchise Julius. The receiving corps takes a big hit if we lose either one. We use the savings of not re-signing Welker as part of it.

Screw Julius. He turned down 8mil a year from us.
We can get someone nearly as good for 2-5mil and will be a significantly better blocker (something we are going to need with Kubes). Gresham, Clay, Cameron, VD- there is a plethora of TE available......Manning made plenty of TE look good, he can make someone else look nearly the same as JT. As good, nah, but close enough.

Krugan
02-13-2015, 06:45 PM
Well, im not sold this is a good thing for the long term.

But I certainly am not going to complain about the prospect of another winning season and playoff push.

Also not sold we can keep enough of the young talent around that we have put together, but thats the way of the nfl, you cant keep em all.

DenBronx
02-13-2015, 06:45 PM
I too think JT gets the tag.

underrated29
02-13-2015, 06:49 PM
I too think JT gets the tag.

From what I have heard DT is the one who is getting the Tag and JT is walking.....Just rumors and I dont even remember where I saw them, but that is what I heard- take that as you will. Luckily we wont have to wait long to find out.

turftoad
02-13-2015, 06:52 PM
From what I have heard DT is the one who is getting the Tag and JT is walking.....Just rumors and I dont even remember where I saw them, but that is what I heard- take that as you will. Luckily we wont have to wait long to find out.

I've read that they are closer to signing JT and tagging DT.

DenBronx
02-13-2015, 06:55 PM
Seriously doubt that. Tagging a WR is way more expensive. I think the tag for TEs is around 8-9 and tagging a WR is 12-13 mill. We would save if JT got the tag.

underrated29
02-13-2015, 06:57 PM
I've read that they are closer to signing JT and tagging DT.

Wow, that would be really intersting. I hope it is not for more than 7mil a year. I just cannot see his production being worth more than that, unless we try and do a sign/trade? I dont know.

I would not be happy if we paid him a ton of money, unless his blocking is supremely improved.

pedrohmlima
02-13-2015, 07:01 PM
Be scared bitches

Bronco9798
02-13-2015, 07:05 PM
http://nfltraderumors.co/peyton-manning-in-talks-with-broncos-to-restructure-his-contract/

Ross Tucker of NBCSN has spoken to a league source who believes the Broncos could be in talks with Peyton Manning to restructure contract, and in turn free up some extra cap space ahead of free agency.
Tucker adds that this move would give them an opportunity to retain free agents like WR Demaryius Thomas, TE Julius Thomas and DT Terrance Knighton.

According to Joel Corry, a simple restructure could free up as much as $9.015 million in cap space.

Total Speculation, but you never know..

Bronco9798
02-13-2015, 07:18 PM
I'll take Peyton coming back and running this offense over much of anything else. We will compete, we will make the playoffs, and of course after that is anybody's guess. History doesn't play on our side, but I'll still take it over the alternative for one more season. It's probably our last chance for many years.

underrated29
02-13-2015, 07:18 PM
http://nfltraderumors.co/peyton-manning-in-talks-with-broncos-to-restructure-his-contract/

Ross Tucker of NBCSN has spoken to a league source who believes the Broncos could be in talks with Peyton Manning to restructure contract, and in turn free up some extra cap space ahead of free agency.
Tucker adds that this move would give them an opportunity to retain free agents like WR Demaryius Thomas, TE Julius Thomas and DT Terrance Knighton.

According to Joel Corry, a simple restructure could free up as much as $9.015 million in cap space.

Things are getting sexier and sexier

gregbroncs
02-13-2015, 07:27 PM
Does it bother anybody else that 4 weeks after the season his quad is healed. And that maybe if he had sat at the end of the season when injured he could have been "healed" by the playoffs? Sorry 1st thing that popped in my head when I read that the quad was healed this fast.

Northman
02-13-2015, 07:33 PM
Does it bother anybody else that 4 weeks after the season his quad is healed. And that maybe if he had sat at the end of the season when injured he could have been "healed" by the playoffs? Sorry 1st thing that popped in my head when I read that the quad was healed this fast.

Nah, i brought up that a few times but i dont know if it was his decision to keep playing or Fox's. Either way, all water under the bridge now.

pedrohmlima
02-13-2015, 08:37 PM
Peyton restructuring?! geez, reading this forum i thought he was an selfish sucker that only cares to his stats.....

(pls restruct dude)

7DnBrnc53
02-13-2015, 08:44 PM
I want Virgil Green back before I want Julius Thomas. He is more valuable. If we let him get away, I will be upset.

BroncoWave
02-13-2015, 08:45 PM

If this is true, it makes me WAY more excited about him coming back. One of my big hangups is that he is just not worth 20 million anymore. If he can rework his deal to free up 9 mil in cap space, that would be awesome.

I am also pretty pumped that I will get to see him play in person when we play in Pitt this year.

DenBronx
02-13-2015, 09:59 PM
Id like to see Manning restructure. We need to keep the big 3 FAs we have this offseason.

Canmore
02-13-2015, 10:29 PM
Id like to see Manning restructure. We need to keep the big 3 FAs we have this offseason.

So would I. Don't believe it's about money, don't. One more Super Bowl. Let's win it this time.

Simple Jaded
02-14-2015, 01:44 AM
JT has told the Broncos he wants top TE money, rewarding JT with $9-10 per would be obscenely stupid. Extend DT, tag the arrogant Bed Wetter and trade his candyass for whatever you can get.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6598/julius-thomas

underrated29
02-14-2015, 01:55 AM
JT has told the Broncos he wants top TE money, rewarding JT with $9-10 per would be obscenely stupid. Extend DT, tag the arrogant Bed Wetter and trade his candyass for whatever you can get.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6598/julius-thomas

That's where I'm at.

Just a hypothetical, would you sign then trade JT and our 2nd to Seattle for Earl Thomas?

Simple Jaded
02-14-2015, 02:00 AM
That's where I'm at.

Just a hypothetical, would you sign then trade JT and our 2nd to Seattle for Earl Thomas?

And then some, he should already be a Bronco. I'd try to get some OL.

Btw, I've been looking at Charles Clay, he's tailor made for this offense, I'd go after him if the price doesn't get crazy.

underrated29
02-14-2015, 02:08 AM
I like clay a lot too. We have the blocker in virg, it would be nice to have a bit more of the pass catcher but still adequate blocking to pair with him. Clay does that easily. Plus, he is a deadly RZ threat just like JT.

If we did the trade with Seattle (which won't happen) and signed Clay...we should have plenty of cap to keep DT and Potroast as well as a couple other guys (if needed). If we cut colquitt and maybe manning cuts his salary, we could have enough to sign an OL or two.....long shot all that would happen, but if so, we could waltz into the draft and grab a guy like perryman at LB and whichever OL position we didn't inf FA and damn skippy if we wouldn't have pretty much taken care of all of our needs.

Simple Jaded
02-14-2015, 02:15 AM
I know you like Clay, I never considered him til I saw your sig.

With Green and Clay the Broncos could go from 21 personnel to 12 to 3-Wide seamlessly in Mannings no-huddle.

CrazyHorse
02-14-2015, 02:53 AM
So is it a foregone conclusion that he retires next year? I think he has another solid 2 years in him still. By solid I mean double digit wins. 4,000 yards and 30 TD's.

MOtorboat
02-14-2015, 03:24 AM
So is it a foregone conclusion that he retires next year? I think he has another solid 2 years in him still. By solid I mean double digit wins. 4,000 yards and 30 TD's.

Be careful. That's a highly ridiculed opinion around these parts.

Lancane
02-14-2015, 03:28 AM
Wow, that would be really intersting. I hope it is not for more than 7mil a year. I just cannot see his production being worth more than that, unless we try and do a sign/trade? I dont know.

I would not be happy if we paid him a ton of money, unless his blocking is supremely improved.

I don't think it helps that a lot of analysts are linking J.T. with Oakland who is better set fiscally then Denver and that would be huge for them. Del Rio is likely to target anyone not nailed down by Denver, offensively and defensively, and if not them Fox and Gase in Chicago could do the same.

Lancane
02-14-2015, 03:35 AM

Nothing is set in stone. One thing for sure is the mental aspect, we go one and done again and Manning could be fed up, we go to the Super Bowl or get closer only to come up short then the same thing and if we win then the elation of getting the monkey off his back could do the same but from a far different aspect. Or physically he just can not do it or believes he can only to slam into that proverbial wall of feeling your age.

DenBronx
02-14-2015, 04:26 AM

Id be ok with that. Plan B sucks.

Northman
02-14-2015, 06:41 AM
That's where I'm at.

In a heartbeat.

BroncoWave
02-14-2015, 08:12 AM
Be careful. That's a highly ridiculed opinion around these parts.

I don't think anyone doubts he can still put up great regular season numbers...

CrazyHorse
02-14-2015, 09:05 AM
I don't think anyone doubts he can still put up great regular season numbers...

You have to be in the dance to win it.

VonDoom
02-14-2015, 09:52 AM
The people wanting Manning to restructure will be the same people complaining that we have $5million in dead money on our cap in two years and no Manning.

That's where I'm at.

No question. Seattle would never do it but we might lose JT anyway, so a 2nd for Earl Thomas would be a robbery

underrated29
02-14-2015, 10:24 AM

I see him riding off to the sunset after this year. Going out on top like Elway did as a two time SB champ

Simple Jaded
02-14-2015, 11:25 AM
Like the Jason Cole rumor or not, but real or fabricated it accomplishes one thing, it makes Manning and the team understand that this is it, get it done. 2016 is not promised to anyone, not even HoFers.

Bill Walsh liked to create tension, I think this rumor does that.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-14-2015, 03:02 PM
That's where I'm at.

I don't think Seattle would be that stupid, but if that lottery ticket were given to me I'd sprint to cash it in.

OrangeHoof
02-14-2015, 05:27 PM
Didn't McDiapers get a pair of #2's for Brandon Marshall (the flaky WR, not the LB)? That would be sweet if we could fleece someone for that in return for Julius.

Jsteve01
02-14-2015, 06:05 PM
Didn't McDiapers get a pair of #2's for Brandon Marshall (the flaky WR, not the LB)? That would be sweet if we could fleece someone for that in return for Julius.. Why would anyone do that? He's an ufa.

Lancane
02-14-2015, 06:10 PM
. Why would anyone do that? He's an ufa.

The only way they could is if Denver tagged him and that is highly unlikely.

OrangeHoof
02-14-2015, 09:13 PM
That was the part of the thread. IF Julius was franchised, would you swap him for Earl Thomas? I don't think Seattle would do that either but that was where that thought came in. I'm just thinking draft choices would be easier than trading for a player.

BroncoJoe
02-15-2015, 09:22 AM
Aren't there trade restrictions if a player is franchised? I thought you had to sign them to a contract before trading?

CoachChaz
02-15-2015, 09:41 AM
Aren't there trade restrictions if a player is franchised? I thought you had to sign them to a contract before trading?

No. You are basically trading the "rights" to the player in that scenario. It was discussed a bit last year with Decker.

Wasn't Jake Long franchised before being traded? Or did he move as a FA? Can't remember

BroncoJoe
02-15-2015, 11:00 AM
No. You are basically trading the "rights" to the player in that scenario. It was discussed a bit last year with Decker.

Wasn't Jake Long franchised before being traded? Or did he move as a FA? Can't remember

I wasn't sure. If I was a GM, I wouldn't give up too much for a player that wasn't under contract though...

UnderArmour
02-15-2015, 11:13 AM

Once they sign the tender, you can trade them. The one-year franchise tender that the players get is one-year contract for X amount based on the top 5 players at their position.

The most likely scenario is we are forced to tag Demaryius though, due to the cloudy WR market. Unless Dez gets extended, there really is not a framework for us to work with on DT.

DenBronx
02-15-2015, 07:03 PM
Id glady trade JT if franchised PLUS draft choices for Earl Thomas. Resign DT and Pot Roast and it's CHAMPIOOOOONSHIP.

Raiders are expected to heavily got after Pot Roast though. How about trading Sly instead to the Raiders? Knighton is the anchor on our DLine. No way I want to see that guy go, especially to our rival.

TXBRONC
02-15-2015, 08:20 PM
That was the part of the thread. IF Julius was franchised, would you swap him for Earl Thomas? I don't think Seattle would do that either but that was where that thought came in. I'm just thinking draft choices would be easier than trading for a player.

This might be a better discussion with a different I just can't see that happening with the Seahawks.

Lancane
02-16-2015, 05:00 AM
Id glady trade JT if franchised PLUS draft choices for Earl Thomas. Resign DT and Pot Roast and it's CHAMPIOOOOONSHIP.

Raiders are expected to heavily got after Pot Roast though. How about trading Sly instead to the Raiders? Knighton is the anchor on our DLine. No way I want to see that guy go, especially to our rival.

I don't know who is saying what, seems there are about a dozen different opinions (each with inside sources) but thus far we know the Broncos haven't been in contract talks with Demaryius Thomas or his Agent who are both expecting the tag before talks begin. A couple outlets are saying that Denver is making an effort to ink Julius Thomas, and there isn't much on the Terrance Knighton front give that Oakland is expected to target him as well as Julius Thomas, wouldn't be surprised if Orlando Franklin finds himself courted by them or by Chicago.

And even if Denver did, they would be stupid to trade Julius Thomas to Division Rival or a Contending Franchise.

DenBronx
02-16-2015, 06:48 AM
For Earl Thomas.....for Earl Thomas...not a division rival.

Lancane
02-16-2015, 11:17 AM
For Earl Thomas.....for Earl Thomas...not a division rival.

I understand that, but I still do not see them doing that or Denver giving a contender more firepower.

underrated29
02-16-2015, 12:44 PM
Ya its not going to happen. I was just coming up with a situation because I hate losing really good players only to hope for a comp pick. That is why when Jaded and I were talking really late that night I came up with the hypothetical.

Going off the real rumors and whatnot, I still do not see anyway we keep both Thomas's. I would rather keep DT instead of JT if it came down to it. So if it was me I would try and sign JT to a rather friendly deal or tag him and then trade him to a team for something good. In my scenario I wanted an elite FS so I went with earl T, but really the overall thought process is to just trade JT now, while we can instead of letting him walk and hoping for at best a 3rd rd comp pick.

Simple Jaded
02-16-2015, 04:17 PM
I would sooooooo trade JT to the Raiders just to watch the smallest DB on the field plow right thru him to the RB. Then I would laaaaaaaugh.