PDA

View Full Version : Broncos won't be running on empty in Gary Kubiak's offense

Denver Native (Carol)
02-12-2015, 02:05 PM
LaDainian Tomlinson smiled for the cameras at the NFL Honors, turning for yelling photographers. Flash bulbs finally dark, the future Hall of Famer talked Broncos, and insisted that new Denver coach Gary Kubiak's offense will roll out the red carpet for running back C.J. Anderson.

"They will be able to rely on Mr. Anderson. That's what I call him. I like C.J. I think he's perfect for that system," said the former San Diego Chargers star running back. "He reminds me of a mix of (former Broncos' leading rushers) Mike Anderson and Olandis Gary. He has great balance."

There's that word again.

AND

The threat of the run, Tomlinson explained, can serve as a quarterback's friend.

"I think having Gary Kubiak should make a big difference for Peyton, because they will get the run game going and absolutely he will be good in play action," said Tomlinson, an analyst for the NFL Network. "Nowadays you don't have to bootleg all the way out. You can set up right behind the tackle so Peyton doesn't have to do a lot. People think when you bootleg that you are running all the way outside the pocket. That's not the way they do it anymore."

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27507630/broncos-wont-be-running-empty-gary-kubiaks-offense

other things - besides running the ball