PDA

View Full Version : Broncos reportedly undecided on Peyton Manning’s future

Lancane
02-10-2015, 04:46 PM
John Elway and the Broncos have yet to decide if they want Manning back.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/broncos-reportedly-undecided-on-peyton-manning%e2%80%99s-future/ar-AA9dSld?ocid=LENDHP

Flame away...

underrated29
02-10-2015, 04:51 PM
Not worried. He will be back and with Gase gone we will ride!

Dapper Dan
02-10-2015, 04:52 PM
There doesn't seem to be very much in the article. I would be a bit surprised if Manning was ready and the Broncos didn't want him back.

BroncoWave
02-10-2015, 04:52 PM
I actually love that news. It means they are not completely beholden to Manning's wishes, and are willing to exert some sort of control over the situation. I think that's awesome.

Dapper Dan
02-10-2015, 04:55 PM
From the article:
“John Elway said at his end of the year press conference that he thinks Manning has one more year left,” Cole added. “He’s probably going to stand by that

Lancane
02-10-2015, 04:58 PM
Hey I just posted it because all the so-called confirmations he was returning...lol.

Dapper Dan
02-10-2015, 05:05 PM
Hey I just posted it because all the so-called confirmations he was returning...lol.

It's not that. I don't mean to bash you for posting it. If people didn't post a bunch of articles, we wouldn't have a whole lot to talk about. Just Mo being a midget commie and Dave being a Limey *******.

Lancane
02-10-2015, 05:09 PM
It's not that. I don't mean to bash you for posting it. If people didn't post a bunch of articles, we wouldn't have a whole lot to talk about. Just Mo being a midget commie and Dave being a Limey *******.

I got so flamed last night for my take on the situation and on Osweiler that yeah, in a way I had to post it to be like "Ha Ha Mother****ers!" I admit it.

NightTrainLayne
02-10-2015, 05:09 PM
MSN quoting Bleacher Report. :rolleyes:

Lancane
02-10-2015, 05:10 PM
MSN quoting Bleacher Report. :rolleyes:

Well it's not PFT, but it's reputable source in some altruistic way! :laugh:

Dapper Dan
02-10-2015, 05:14 PM
I got so flamed last night for my take on the situation and on Osweiler that yeah, in a way I had to post it to be like "Ha Ha Mother****ers!" I admit it.

Oh. Well in that case, go choke on a turd. Your adopted Bronco is Eric Decker.

Lancane
02-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Oh. Well in that case, go choke on a turd. Your adopted Bronco is Eric Decker.

Just haven't changed it...you fascist!!! :lol:

Postscript: I changed it, better now DB?

VonDoom
02-10-2015, 05:24 PM
Saw this earlier. Not sure I buy it. Seems like a story just to stir something up. We'll all find out soon enough

Lancane
02-10-2015, 05:28 PM
Saw this earlier. Not sure I buy it. Seems like a story just to stir something up. We'll all find out soon enough

I am not sure anyone buys it Doom, but still... You know how the off-season goes.

VonDoom
02-10-2015, 05:36 PM
I am not sure anyone buys it Doom, but still... You know how the off-season goes.

Damn straight. Every tidbit becomes a story because we all want something to talk about

Lancane
02-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Damn straight. Every tidbit becomes a story because we all want something to talk about

Or in my case to cause a little friction with those who have a twinkie stuck up their ***es!!! :D

Slick
02-10-2015, 05:48 PM
No way they cut Manning. That would be stupid. If he comes back and plays, he'll give it his all, which is all we can ask for as fans. The fact that I think his all won't be enough is an entirely different subject.

We just have to hope the new staff can overcome his weaknesses and also get the team around him playing up to the talent they all possess.

Dapper Dan
02-10-2015, 05:55 PM
Or in my case to cause a little friction with those who have a twinkie stuck up their ***es!!! :D

It seems like it would crumble and fall apart.

Lancane
02-10-2015, 06:00 PM
It seems like it would crumble and fall apart.

LMAO... True, but you never know some have better anal retention then others, never know what is up such orifices! (((JOKE)))

Simple Jaded
02-10-2015, 11:15 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/broncos-reportedly-undecided-on-peyton-manning%e2%80%99s-future/ar-AA9dSld?ocid=LENDHP

Flame away...
So you're saying there's a chance?

Lancane
02-11-2015, 05:15 AM
So you're saying there's a chance?

LOL...

As I said barring that Elway didn't mean what he said (which is possible) and that he believes that Dennison can instill a system he can be comfortable with (also a possibility he can not) I expect Manning to return amidst all the "Yeas" and "Nays". He could simply want to meet Denver and restructure to help the team (I doubt it) but that is one of several possibilities. We don't know at this point how this is going to play out yet, he could ask to be released so he can go to Chicago and play in a system he knows.

Bronco9798
02-11-2015, 07:46 AM
LOL...

As I said barring that Elway didn't mean what he said (which is possible) and that he believes that Dennison can instill a system he can be comfortable with (also a possibility he can not) I expect Manning to return amidst all the "Yeas" and "Nays". He could simply want to meet Denver and restructure to help the team (I doubt it) but that is one of several possibilities. We don't know at this point how this is going to play out yet, he could ask to be released so he can go to Chicago and play in a system he knows.

To think Manning would even consider going to the Bears is really far fetched (I would even say stupid) and not even a thought. Bears are not going to cut Cutler at this point, and nobody is going to pick up that salary on a trade. Denver is Mannings last team at the age of 39. Wish lists are nice, but you really need to take that one off there. It's really not even thinkable. You think the Bears are going to pay Manning's salary and Cutlers?

Dapper Dan
02-11-2015, 08:07 AM
To think Manning would even consider going to the Bears is really far fetched (I would even say stupid) and not even a thought. Bears are not going to cut Cutler at this point, and nobody is going to pick up that salary on a trade. Denver is Mannings last team at the age of 39. Wish lists are nice, but you really need to take that one off there. It's really not even thinkable. You think the Bears are going to pay Manning's salary and Cutlers?

Of course not. We will trade Manning for Cutler

Bronco9798
02-11-2015, 08:10 AM
Of course not. We will trade Manning for Cutler

Wtf you smoking man?

TXBRONC
02-11-2015, 08:31 AM
The way the article is titled is misleading at best. Denver has made clear publically that they want him back so they're not undecided. What Jason Cole hintedt at and maybe it's what he wants is for Denver to go back on their word.

Dapper Dan
02-11-2015, 08:49 AM
Wtf you smoking man?

Probably the same thing you are.

Bronco9798
02-11-2015, 09:16 AM
Probably the same thing you are.

With your thinking, trust me, mines better......

Northman
02-11-2015, 10:26 AM
Im pretty sure DF is yanking your crank Niner. lol

Lancane
02-11-2015, 10:44 AM

9er, think about how hard Manning has been pulling for Gase, he also knows the offense Gase runs. Now what if he was a free agent (would you not think it possible?). Secondly, most of the talk coming out of Chicago is that the Bears will trade Cutler if they can - it's makes sense even if not likely...and my point was we have no idea what will happen when Manning meets the Brass but all of it is nothing but speculation...just like the article.

Bronco9798
02-11-2015, 10:52 AM
9er, think about how hard Manning has been pulling for Gase, he also knows the offense Gase runs. Now what if he was a free agent (would you not think it possible?). Secondly, most of the talk coming out of Chicago is that the Bears will trade Cutler if they can - it's makes sense even if not likely...and my point was we have no idea what will happen when Manning meets the Brass but all of it is nothing but speculation...just like the article.

Sure, wake me up when Peyton packs up for Chicago. Are you implying Cutler would then land in Denver? if you are, please keep it to yourself so I don't piss all over myself laughing at you.

Lancane
02-11-2015, 11:09 AM
Sure, wake me up when Peyton packs up for Chicago. Are you implying Cutler would then land in Denver? if you are, please keep it to yourself so I don't piss all over myself laughing at you.

No actually I am not, I think he'd end up in Cleveland, Houston, Buffalo or Tampa Bay. What I am implying is I could see Manning talking to Gase and thinking more of the same in a new setting wouldn't be bad. But that is just one of several possibilities.

Northman
02-11-2015, 11:15 AM
Not sure Peyton would go to Chicago even though Fox and Gase are there. They still have a lot of issues on defense which would still give him similar problems he had here to a degree. I could see him going to SF or another contender though if the situation was right. Arizona would be another good location for him if he chose to move on but honestly i think its more a Bronco or retired option for him right now.

Bronco9798
02-11-2015, 11:17 AM
No actually I am not, I think he'd end up in Cleveland, Houston, Buffalo or Tampa Bay. What I am implying is I could see Manning talking to Gase and thinking more of the same in a new setting wouldn't be bad. But that is just one of several possibilities.

Dude, he's 39 years old. He's a Bronco or he retires. Do you really, really, think he's going to play for another team at 39. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Bronco9798
02-11-2015, 11:18 AM

That's funny. Those 4 teams you mentioned. It's hilarious.

Lancane
02-11-2015, 11:20 AM
That's funny. Those 4 teams you mentioned. It's hilarious.

I was talking about Cutler... :coffee:

Bronco9798
02-11-2015, 11:22 AM
I was talking about Cutler... :coffee:

OK, my bad..

Bronco9798
Anyway, Peyton isn't going to Chicago. He's here or retired.

Lancane
Dude, he's 39 years old. He's a Bronco or he retires. Do you really, really, think he's going to play for another team at 39. Where do you come up with this stuff?

9er, keep taking your P's and Q's from others...Klis has already reported Manning will not make a decision till he talks to Broncos' Brass, but if wants to play it doesn't have to be in Denver. Get a F'n Grip (Favre?), sheesh we're not talking Elway here, were talking a stop-gap quarterback who may not want to even return to Denver, we have no clue. And could you not see how he might decide to go to Chicago?

Bronco9798
02-11-2015, 11:24 AM
9er, keep taking your P's and Q's from others...Klis has already reported Manning will not make a decision till he talks to Broncos' Brass, but if wants to play it doesn't have to be in Denver. Get a F'n Grip.

OK, my opinion, as you have yours, is Peyton isn't going to another team. OK, I'm done with it. It's just not happening. Anybody in their right mind knows that. i take my own P's & Q's. I have a mind of my own!!!

Lancane
02-11-2015, 11:27 AM
OK, my opinion, as you have yours, is Peyton isn't going to another team. OK, I'm done with it. It's just not happening. Anybody in their right mind knows that. i take my own P's & Q's. I have a mind of my own!!!

What if he feels he doesn't like Denver's new approach? What if Elway asks for him to restructure?

Do I believe he'll not play for the Broncos? No. I am simply stating that if he was so sold on a Denver return that things wouldn't be as difficult, obviously he has some issues. And what if they did part, not even traded but that Denver says to hell with it? Don't you think Fox and Gase would be all over him?

Bronco9798
02-11-2015, 11:32 AM
What if he feels he doesn't like Denver's new approach? What if Elway asks for him to restructure?

Do I believe he'll not play for the Broncos? No. I am simply stating that if he was so sold on a Denver return that things wouldn't be as difficult, obviously he has some issues. And what if they did part, not even traded but that Denver says to hell with it? Don't you think Fox and Gase would be all over him?

No, I don't. I think Fox wants nothing to do with Peyton right now. They had their run together. It's over. Fox don't want that project with Peyton again. Then you have to find somebody that wants Cutler and pick up that contract. Then you have to pay Peyton money. Peyton stayed in the AFC for a reason. I doubt he all of a sudden wants to play in the NFC, especially in Chicago with that god forbidden line they have there. It just makes no sense for the Bears, or for Manning. It's crazy talk. You're day dreaming. Seriously.

A 39 year old with one year just isn't going to uproot for one year. It makes no sense.

Lancane
02-11-2015, 11:43 AM
No, I don't. I think Fox wants nothing to do with Peyton right now. They had their run together. It's over. Fox don't want that project with Peyton again. Then you have to find somebody that wants Cutler and pick up that contract. Then you have to pay Peyton money. Peyton stayed in the AFC for a reason. I doubt he all of a sudden wants to play in the NFC, especially in Chicago with that god forbidden line they have there. It just makes no sense for the Bears, or for Manning. It's crazy talk. You're day dreaming. Seriously.

A 39 year old with one year just isn't going to uproot for one year. It makes no sense.

Again I point to Brett Farve, that said your taking stuff out of context, I never said I believe it will happen but that it can. Nothing is set in stone and dude your so abhorrent to Osweiler that I think he scares you right out of your sensibility to be honest. But you'll be fine if Denver wasted a pick this year in one of the worst classes in recent memory? Think about that logic 9er...

;)

Bronco9798
02-11-2015, 11:51 AM
Again I point to Brett Farve, that said your taking stuff out of context, I never said I believe it will happen but that it can. Nothing is set in stone and dude your so abhorrent to Osweiler that I think he scares you right out of your sensibility to be honest. But you'll be fine if Denver wasted a pick this year in one of the worst classes in recent memory? Think about that logic 9er...

;)

Yeah, I'm not pointing to anybody, especially Favre. Each situation had it's own uniqueness. Brett had his, Peyton has his. Why would a Bronco player scare me. Dude, if he comes out blazing and is special then I'm pulling for him. I pull for the team man. I don't get where you get this "I hate a Bronco mentality" when I voice my opinion if i think a player will do good or not. I want him to DO GOOD if he can. I just don't think he will. You're making a game out of this. I just want a ******* Super Bowl and I don't think Oz can do it. It's that simple.

Bronco9798
02-11-2015, 11:53 AM
I'm taking a break, you're wearing me out. :coffee:

Rick
02-11-2015, 11:54 AM

Well we HAVE been getting the gang back together :)

Lancane
02-11-2015, 11:57 AM
Well we HAVE been getting the gang back together :)

LMAO, the board would have a fit of apoplexy if that occurred. Hahahaha... But I don't see Cutler returning to Denver.

TXBRONC
02-11-2015, 12:26 PM

Manning speaking well of Gase doesn't mean he's ready drag up and head off to Chicago.

Lancane
02-11-2015, 12:33 PM
Manning speaking well of Gase doesn't mean he's ready drag up and head off to Chicago.

I know TX, I was just throwing it out there of one example that anything could happen, I never said it was likely brother. You know me, I like a good row. :lol:

Simple Jaded
02-11-2015, 09:45 PM
Winters are brutal in Chicago, that's the last thing Manning wants.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-11-2015, 10:17 PM
I read that article today, and emailed a very knowledgeable person in the Denver sports media - his reply to this article - "it's a bogus report".

TXBRONC
02-11-2015, 11:24 PM
I read that article today, and emailed a very knowledgeable person in the Denver sports media - his reply to this article - "it's a bogus report".

I never bought into anyway.

RebelRocker
02-12-2015, 02:35 PM

Name the "source" or it's hear say. Sorry, but the 'anonymous sources' thing is getting old. Jason Cole is a legit source because not only does he have a relationship with Elway, he's writing Elway's autobiography. I don't think that guy would report that out of thin air if there wasn't any substance behind it. He wouldn't risk a personal or business (book deal) relationship with a guy running the team by putting out a bogus report. I'm not saying the Broncos don't want Manning back, but they have to consider all of their options at this point.

underrated29
02-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Here is what is going to happen.

Manning is coming back. We will add a few guys in FA, retain others of our own. Assuming we draft two starters we will likely enter the year stronger then we were before on the OL (which was imo our biggest weakness) and on defense. We may lose a touch offensively but we will almost likely be better because of coaching (both sides of the ball)

I bet we have a top 3 defense and are top 3 in ppg and 3 and outs. I bet on offense we are also top 3 and top 5 scoring. We could score more, but with the run the ball approach we will have fewer opportunities due to length of possesion.

We will most certainly be the #1 seed or #2 seed and the Pats will not be able to keep up with us. I forsee Us vs GB in the superbowl and our defense being near Elite brings us the title and all of the manning nay sayers, all of the Gase love children, and the debbie downers who think we are going to somehow be terrible this year are going to eat a hell of a lot of shit. Especially from me :)

Denver Native (Carol)
02-12-2015, 03:20 PM
Name the "source" or it's hear say. Sorry, but the 'anonymous sources' thing is getting old. Jason Cole is a legit source because not only does he have a relationship with Elway, he's writing Elway's autobiography. I don't think that guy would report that out of thin air if there wasn't any substance behind it. He wouldn't risk a personal or business (book deal) relationship with a guy running the team by putting out a bogus report. I'm not saying the Broncos don't want Manning back, but they have to consider all of their options at this point.

I don't feel it is necessary for me to name the local source, who is around the Broncos all of the time. I would never have posted what I did, if it was not stated to me. I don't do that. Believe it if you want, don't believe it if you do not want to. Makes no difference to me.

RebelRocker
02-12-2015, 03:29 PM
I don't feel it is necessary for me to name the local source, who is around the Broncos all of the time. I would never have posted what I did, if it was not stated to me. I don't do that. Believe it if you want, don't believe it if you do not want to. Makes no difference to me.

Ok. Just understand by doing things like that and following up with statements like this makes what you report just as "bogus" as the report you criticize. Anyone can claim they have a "source" for a story and not provide actual evidence.

I appreciate what you do with posting links to stories on the forum, Denver Native (Carol), but it's disappointing that you would go about doing a "report" that way without providing actual evidence.

silkamilkamonico
02-12-2015, 04:17 PM
Here is what is going to happen.

Manning is coming back. We will add a few guys in FA, retain others of our own. Assuming we draft two starters we will likely enter the year stronger then we were before on the OL (which was imo our biggest weakness) and on defense. We may lose a touch offensively but we will almost likely be better because of coaching (both sides of the ball)

I bet we have a top 3 defense and are top 3 in ppg and 3 and outs. I bet on offense we are also top 3 and top 5 scoring. We could score more, but with the run the ball approach we will have fewer opportunities due to length of possesion.

We will most certainly be the #1 seed or #2 seed and the Pats will not be able to keep up with us. I forsee Us vs GB in the superbowl and our defense being near Elite brings us the title and all of the manning nay sayers, all of the Gase love children, and the debbie downers who think we are going to somehow be terrible this year are going to eat a hell of a lot of shit. Especially from me :)

I think the Broncos have been surpassed by a few teams on who's going to be the best next year in the AFC. I can see 3, maybe 4 teams who will be better than Denver on the field regardless of what happens t us during the offseason. I still think we're best in the AFCWest, and I don't think Denver will be bad next year at all they will be tough. I don't think there's any way we will be better than New England or Baltimore, and I think Indianapois and Pittsburgh could just surpass us as a better team based on their continued growth, etc. I also think Houston is going to be a team that will contend every year under OBrien, but not until they establish the QB position which may take another couple years.

Dapper Dan
02-12-2015, 04:27 PM
Ok. Just understand by doing things like that and following up with statements like this makes what you report just as "bogus" as the report you criticize. Anyone can claim they have a "source" for a story and not provide actual evidence.

I appreciate what you do with posting links to stories on the forum, Denver Native (Carol), but it's disappointing that you would go about doing a "report" that way without providing actual evidence.

The guy in the article didn't name his sources either.

MOtorboat
02-12-2015, 04:51 PM
There's nothing wrong with not naming a source, Carol. Don't worry about it much.

underrated29
02-12-2015, 04:55 PM
I think the Broncos have been surpassed by a few teams on who's going to be the best next year in the AFC. I can see 3, maybe 4 teams who will be better than Denver on the field regardless of what happens t us during the offseason. I still think we're best in the AFCWest, and I don't think Denver will be bad next year at all they will be tough. I don't think there's any way we will be better than New England or Baltimore, and I think Indianapois and Pittsburgh could just surpass us as a better team based on their continued growth, etc. I also think Houston is going to be a team that will contend every year under OBrien, but not until they establish the QB position which may take another couple years.

Interesting.
I wont get into a big pissing match but what about baltimore makes them better to you? Or NE or Indy or Pitts...For example- Baltimore does not have a better QB, RB or WR. Their OL is better than ours right now. They do have a better front 7 but not by much. Our Cbs are way better than theirs- They have an upcoming S, but their S suck. Ours do too but we lack an up comer like they have. So possibly identical on defense and worse on offense. They did not have as good of a record on an easier schedule, last time we played them (super champs year) we torched them for like 7tds, etc....Things like that.

Care to elaborate why you feel those teams are better?

Denver Native (Carol)
02-12-2015, 04:55 PM
from article:

Manning must also have a checkup on his surgically repaired neck at least 10 days before the start of the new league year. The Broncos have said internally that it's not the vertebrae that were fused in the surgery that would be a concern, but rather the areas just above and just below the fusion, since that is where any degenerative issues could occur.

Those two deadlines would give the Broncos the ability to release Manning if he was not cleared to play in 2015 because of his neck. But on the day the team announced it had parted ways with John Fox as its coach, Elway was asked if he saw Manning as part of the team moving forward, and he said, "I do."

In Phoenix, Manning said of his impending checkup: "Don't see it being that significant, I feel pretty confident I would pass that physical, that my neck is in good shape. I'd like to avoid a crowd standing outside the MRI room, if possible. I've felt secure about that the past three years and feel the same about that."

full article - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12306743/no-rush-peyton-manning-decision-says-denver-broncos-oc-rick-dennison

Northman
02-12-2015, 05:18 PM

I dont know how legit the story is that she posted but to be fair Carol would not go out of her way to troll this board. A lot of the times she simply passes along information that she finds on the web or is passed on to her by other people. While any story can be bogus Carol isnt one to try and fool anyone on here so calling her out like that is pretty weak if i had to be honest.

GEM
02-12-2015, 06:21 PM
Did I just read that right....someone questioning Carol posting something? Like really? FFS....come on, MANNNNNNNNNN!

Simple Jaded
02-12-2015, 10:47 PM
Carol is the reason I started coming here and the main reason I keep coming back (don't hold that against her), she makes following the Broncos a one-stop shopping spree and is always 100% pure class. I demand an apology.

Jsteve01
02-13-2015, 08:37 PM

I appreciate what you do with posting links to stories on the forum, Denver Native (Carol), but it's disappointing that you would go about doing a "report" that way without providing actual evidence. wow ad hominem much? Carol is the most steady of all the posters on this site. Reign it in bro

silkamilkamonico
02-13-2015, 09:51 PM
Interesting.
I wont get into a big pissing match but what about baltimore makes them better to you? Or NE or Indy or Pitts...For example- Baltimore does not have a better QB, RB or WR. Their OL is better than ours right now. They do have a better front 7 but not by much. Our Cbs are way better than theirs- They have an upcoming S, but their S suck. Ours do too but we lack an up comer like they have. So possibly identical on defense and worse on offense. They did not have as good of a record on an easier schedule, last time we played them (super champs year) we torched them for like 7tds, etc....Things like that.

Care to elaborate why you feel those teams are better?

Patriots = obvious choice.
Ravens = flat out tougher than us. COuld definitely see a scenario again where we have better regular season record, but get mandlandled in the playoffs again, to a team like them....again.
Pittsburgh = if that defense improves at all, look out. That offense is scary special, and if Bell was able to play in the playoffs, they probably wouldn've beaten Baltimore and given New England a run for their money.
Indy = Andrew Luck > us. Kid is already special and the big thing.

Another team to look out for is Houston, who arguably has the best coach up and coming coach in the NFL currentlyl.

I think for me, the most thing, is I will enjoy a really good regular season run, and watch this team get soft punched in the playoffs, again. Nothing will change my mind on that until they actually prove me otherewise in the playoffs. I think the bigger question for me is what makes you think we will be so good? WE're not going to be as good on offense as we've been the last couple years, and the defense was great this year until the playoffs started, which is turning into a soft cultural thing here in DEnver.

Rick
02-13-2015, 09:57 PM

My sources say you are walking around like something is stuck up your ass. Don't know if it is true or not, you can do the checking.

Simple Jaded
02-14-2015, 02:18 AM
Btw I don't know about Carol's source but I've heard Vic Lombardi basically say the same thing on radio.