PDA

View Full Version : Live news conference today - 2-10-15

Denver Native (Carol)
02-10-2015, 02:00 PM
BTV Live: Dennison, Phillips, DeCamillis
Watch live as Rick Dennison, Wade Phillips and Joe DeCamillis meet the media at approximately 12 p.m. MT.

Dennison is talking now

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-Live-Dennison-Phillips-DeCamillis/7e39626f-b232-4a56-8314-943abf15dc09

Denver Native (Carol)
02-10-2015, 02:12 PM
Wade is now talking

Denver Native (Carol)
02-10-2015, 02:16 PM
Wade is cute - he said he is a lousy HC, but a great defensive coordinator

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-10-2015, 02:46 PM
I've always wondered how Dennison would do as a DC.

VonDoom
02-10-2015, 03:40 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 2h2 hours ago

Dennison says they're in no rush to hear from Peyton. "I just said hello to him like I said hello to everybody on the offense".

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2h2 hours ago

#Broncos OC Dennison:"I am not proceeding with any thought on Peyton. I am letting him takes his time. He deserves that."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2h2 hours ago

#broncos dennison at presser. Said became friends w Kubiak through golf "I love working for Gary"

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 1h1 hour ago

"You do what you can to get into the playoffs, then you fight like a son of a gun." #Broncos OC Dennison

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1h1 hour ago

#Broncos Dennnison "That's part of the thing we consider that they are accountable for, playing hard.. They will know that from Day one."

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1h1 hour ago

Wade Phillips now: "this is a great town because they expect the team to win. They expect more from their team"

Phillips "This is way better situation than I have every come into with a defense. And we are going to do better. We will improve."

Phillips "Everyone knows we are going to 3-4.. Want to be able to turn guys loose. If we can rush good, let him rush." #Broncos

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1h1 hour ago

Wade on his philosophy: "We're aggressive...doesn't mean blitzing all the time...this is an attack defense...how players like to play".

#Broncos' Phillips "We will be aggressive. doesn't mean blitzing all the time. Attacking is how players like to play."

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 47m47 minutes ago

Wade Phillips: “I was a lousy head coach but I’m a pretty good defensive coordinator. That’s what I do well.”

Denver Native (Carol)
02-10-2015, 05:13 PM
For those who missed the conferences

Dennison: '1st downs and points' by any means
Offensive Coordinator Rick Dennison talks about returning to Denver and what the offense might look like next year.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Dennison-1st-downs-and-points-by-any-means/8792cd9c-fc55-4a14-888e-a81a8ef6ee68

Phillips to employ an 'attack defense'
Defensive Coordinator Wade Phillips talks about expectations heading into next season.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Phillips_to_employ_an_attack_defense/3703df56-bcde-4713-9721-358aff83bd0b

DeCamillis: 'It's great to be back'
Special Teams Coordinator Joe DeCamillis talks about his coaching career and being back in Denver.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DeCamillis_Its_great_to_be_back/2a8dfd5d-b0ed-4f9a-9ec0-d97aea546064

Denver Native (Carol)
02-10-2015, 06:14 PM
At 67, Wade Phillips can still evaluate talent.

"I was a lousy head coach. But I am a pretty good defensive coordinator," he said to laughter during Tuesday's introductory news conference.

The Broncos reunited with Phillips not to lead the team, but to create a more tenacious defense. Denver set a franchise record for rushing yards allowed per game, but ranked 21st in sack percentage, an indictment of a vanilla scheme that cost the Broncos in their playoff loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

Phillips promised to use to a 3-4 alignment with an edge.

"We will be aggressive. That doesn't mean blitzing all the time. It's pseudo blitzes, looking like it's all out, but it's not. Attacking is how players like to play," Phillips said. "When you take that away, I think it hurts them."

rest - plus video
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27498787/lousy-wade-phillips-ready-do-great-things-broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
02-10-2015, 06:29 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 4h

Wade Phillips was not a lousy HC. 82-64 with 6 teams. Take away his 3 interim gigs and he was 79-57 with Broncos, Bills, Dallas,

Denver Native (Carol)
02-10-2015, 06:33 PM
from article:

Dennison was asked if he is proceeding as if Manning will return and he said, "I'm not proceeding with anything. I'm letting him take his time; he deserves that."

Dennison, who coached at the Pro Bowl as part of the Baltimore Ravens' staff, has contacted each of the Broncos' players on offense, including Manning, since he accepted the job last month. The Broncos' coaches were given some time off before the football staff returned to work Monday.

"I just said hello to him, just like I said hello to everybody on the offense, on our roster," Dennison said. "I called them up and said hello, introduced myself and told them if they were around come in and say hi, no football, no nothing, just say hi. I look forward to working with whoever's under the roof."

full article - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12306743/no-rush-peyton-manning-decision-says-denver-broncos-oc-rick-dennison

Rick
02-10-2015, 06:49 PM
I like the idea we can basically keep Wade as long as we want at that role, don't really have to worry about him leaving in a year or 2 unless WE decide to go in a different direction as he himself basically alluded to not having any interest in being a head coach again.

Pudge
02-10-2015, 11:54 PM
I like the idea we can basically keep Wade as long as we want at that role, don't really have to worry about him leaving in a year or 2 unless WE decide to go in a different direction as he himself basically alluded to not having any interest in being a head coach again.

Like when Gary Kubiak said he wanted to remain an offensive coordinator instead of HC

Ziggy
02-11-2015, 03:15 AM
“I’ve always said, ‘Hey, if he can rush well, if he’s a really great rusher, let him rush.’ It seems simple but sometimes people want to drop them in the pass and all that stuff. It’s also the cornerbacks, what they can do; It’s what [Chris] Harris [Jr.] can do, what [Aqib] Talib can do. It’s whatever they can do really well, then we’re going to utilize that,” Phillips said.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Phillips-to-bring-aggressiveness-3-4-defense/e41c7a5a-cfe5-450f-aa2f-9050f5a95352

This is what gets me excited about next season. An aggressive pass rush with our corners playing tight man. I can't wait to see it.

Lancane
02-11-2015, 04:54 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Phillips-to-bring-aggressiveness-3-4-defense/e41c7a5a-cfe5-450f-aa2f-9050f5a95352

This is what gets me excited about next season. An aggressive pass rush with our corners playing tight man. I can't wait to see it.

It's not just the pass rush Zigs, it's that Wade likes to utilize what each and every player does best. We'll see a plethora of blitz packages though, and I think this will bring the best from most of the squad especially Miller.

Rick
02-11-2015, 12:06 PM
Like when Gary Kubiak said he wanted to remain an offensive coordinator instead of HC

Different situation. Kubiak had a dream scenario pop up and is not nearly 70 years old.

I would be incredibly surprised to see that even if we end up best defense of all time this next season that any team is going to trip over themselves to hire a nearly 70 year old HC.

NightTrainLayne
02-11-2015, 04:12 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 4h

Wade Phillips was not a lousy HC. 82-64 with 6 teams. Take away his 3 interim gigs and he was 79-57 with Broncos, Bills, Dallas,

He's in the John Fox class of coaching.

Pudge
02-11-2015, 04:14 PM
Different situation. Kubiak had a dream scenario pop up and is not nearly 70 years old.

I would be incredibly surprised to see that even if we end up best defense of all time this next season that any team is going to trip over themselves to hire a nearly 70 year old HC.

I don't think he got a fair chance at his last gig, and I wouldn't be shocked to see someone want to interview him. I'm just pointing out, don't get too attached to a coordinator. Hell no one ever envisioned dick lebeau jumping ship at his age

GEM
02-11-2015, 04:45 PM
I've always wondered how Dennison would do as a DC.

Hasn't Dennison always been on the offensive side of the ball? :confused: Other than playing defense of course.

GEM
02-11-2015, 04:48 PM
It's not just the pass rush Zigs, it's that Wade likes to utilize what each and every player does best. We'll see a plethora of blitz packages though, and I think this will bring the best from most of the squad especially Miller.

You mean the opposite of Del Rio? :D Loving it!