PDA

View Full Version : Mason's Mailbag: Peyton Manning, Brock Osweiler, Danny Trevathan, and more

Denver Native (Carol)
02-08-2015, 12:46 PM
Do you think John Elway is hoping Peyton Manning retires before the March money is guaranteed? I know Elway doesn't want to put Manning through a situation like Indianapolis put him in once again. If Manning does retire the Broncos would have a lot more cap space.
-- Mike Mize

Absolutely not, and Elway himself made that clear last month when he said, "The bottom line is we want him back and it's going to come down to what Peyton wants to do."

All sides understand that a decision must happen by March 9, at the latest, and Manning himself indicated last week that he wanted to decide "soon." While the March 9 deadline is crucial because that is when Manning's salary becomes guaranteed for 2015, it would be best for all parties to know for certain within the next 10 days, before the Broncos' contingent of coaches, scouts, executives and other officials heads to the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

The days of the Combine fall within the window in which the Broncos can designate a franchise player, which is also crucial to the team's salary-cap planning. But knowing about Manning's status before the Combine would help in their evaluation of quarterbacks, and whether the team would want to draft a low-round developmental project, or someone in the first two days who could push Brock Osweiler immediately or be a starter of the future in his own right.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Masons-Mailbag-Peyton-Manning-Brock-Osweiler-Danny-Trevathan-and-more/05e8e725-426e-43c5-94cd-199a51c8f9b5

LTC Pain
02-08-2015, 01:28 PM
Just my two cents. But what if PM waffles and isn't ready to decide by 9 March if he's coming back? Do you think Elway will have the stones to begin the post-Manning era and use the $19M elsewhere? I do. GO BRONCOS!!!

Northman
02-08-2015, 01:31 PM
Just my two cents. But what if PM waffles and isn't ready to decide by 9 March if he's coming back? Do you think Elway will have the stones to begin the post-Manning era and use the $19M elsewhere? I do. GO BRONCOS!!!

He had the stones to fire Fox so if Manning cant figure it out by March 9th i fully expect Elway and company to move on. I would also be pretty pissed if Manning putzed around and didnt make a decision before then just so he can get his cash.

Bronco9798
02-08-2015, 01:47 PM
The position that the Denver Broncos have ignored is looking at the possibility to replacing the current running backs coach. He hasn't helped may running backs in Denver during his tenure. The one and only was Knowshon Moreno and he accomplished 1,000 plus yards in his fourth year. Although injuries were a factor, other running backs lagged behind. Before, Denver would develop a 1,000-plus back almost every year. What is the possibility that this coach could be replaced?
-- Mike Montalvo

You really blew that one Mike!! lol...What a horrible question.

NightTrainLayne
02-08-2015, 02:10 PM
The position that the Denver Broncos have ignored is looking at the possibility to replacing the current running backs coach. He hasn't helped may running backs in Denver during his tenure. The one and only was Knowshon Moreno and he accomplished 1,000 plus yards in his fourth year. Although injuries were a factor, other running backs lagged behind. Before, Denver would develop a 1,000-plus back almost every year. What is the possibility that this coach could be replaced?
-- Mike Montalvo

You really blew that one Mike!! lol...What a horrible question.

And Andrew rightly took him to the woodshed.

TXBRONC
02-08-2015, 02:43 PM

I think there is very little chance of Manning waffling but he did I don't see Elway waffling.

Jsteve01
02-08-2015, 03:28 PM
Manning is the consumate professional. He's not going to waffle. He's going to spend a ton of time with his kids and wife. Do so stuff like SNL and see if he honestly thinks a: he can still play at a high level and b: if he'd be happy living the life he's living right now full time. I don't think he's done. Sad to say that other than local media. Phil Simms is the only national media type that is emphasizing how much the injury affected his play. You don't go from being the best qb in the league saving Rodgers mid season to pedestrian overnight. Sorry it doesn't happen. And it has nothing to do with the original neck injury. The coaching staff also did him no favors with their ineptitude along the o line and the ridiculous goal line formations we ran through much of the second half to get the run game going. Just as our sack totals under coyer didn't hold up under scrutiny, nor did our run totals when we were running two tight ends and and extra lineman to generate those numbers. Imagine trying to throw out of those formations. And Gase did a horrid job of achieving true balance. Running it every down on one series and then passing every down on the next is not balance. It's dumb

dogfish
02-08-2015, 06:14 PM
agree with everything you said, but this. . .

Manning is the consumate professional. He's not going to waffle.

really says it all. . . not sure why anyone would worry about it. . .