PDA

View Full Version : Rahim out per Spano

Jsteve01
02-04-2015, 07:27 PM
http://bsndenver.com/rahim-moore-likely-out-replacement-might-already-be-on-roster/

Spano claims they like Webster at safety? Well I'll sign off on this. Webster is extremely physical at the corner and ran in the high 4.3's at his pro day. He impressed two years ago and his cover and ball skills translate nicely.

underrated29
02-04-2015, 07:46 PM
Huh. I've said this before and just said it again today.

Simple Jaded
02-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Huh. I've said this before and just said it again today.

The Moore thing or the Webster thing? I like the Webster thing and I'm just fine with the Moore thing. Good player, good starter that is buried on the FA resign priorities list.

Lancane
02-04-2015, 07:54 PM
Not surprised, Webster has always been a real physical player and a lot of teams looked at him as a potential safety. He's signed until 2017 which gives some room to the team and would stop them from needing to draft a safety earlier in the draft.

underrated29
02-04-2015, 07:56 PM
Moving Webster to saftey. I think we all knew Moore was out

chazoe60
02-04-2015, 07:58 PM
Good riddance

underrated29
02-04-2015, 07:59 PM
Not surprised, Webster has always been a real physical player and a lot of teams looked at him as a potential safety. He's signed until 2017 which gives some room to the team and would stop them from needing to draft a safety earlier in the draft.

I think he'll be as good as Moore. His problem was flipping hips and locating the ball. With the play infront of him I think he'll be as good as Moore is and potential to be better.

The boneybadger is a tremendous saftey from making the switch. Hopefully webby can do something similar

UnderArmour
02-04-2015, 08:02 PM
Aside from one play, I've always liked Moore. I hope this report is untrue and that he returns next year because Moore always comes back the next year a better player.

Northman
02-04-2015, 08:02 PM
Good riddance

I knew you would be happy. lol

Joel
02-04-2015, 08:04 PM
If true, it leaves me conflicted, because I dislike Moores play and really like Websters, but would hate to lose him as our dimeback, since we need a quality guy there and I'm less impressed by the next men up (Carter? Bolden? Wouldn't Bolden at safety and Webster at dime make more sense, given that Bolden started out as a safety, and had a pretty good year in relief himself?) On the other hand, while I think the modern league makes a good dimeback nearly as necessary as a good nickel, they see the field far less, and Webster's already a good player likely to get better, so the more he plays the better we are.

Then I look at Mike Adams making 5 Ints this year before starting in the AFCCG and a week later in the Pro Bowl, all of which leaves me thinking, Can someone explain why Moore was better again...? :confused:

Dapper Dan
02-04-2015, 08:17 PM
Webster was ranked the 28th best safety coming out of high school. Number 74 was Mohamed Sanu.

Webster seems to be a fast dude. He can run. It should help him as a safety. He also has a long reach. As long as he can recognize the play, he should be okay. Maybe marijuana could help him focus. It worked for Honey Badger.

slim
02-04-2015, 08:19 PM
Good.

Buff
02-04-2015, 08:44 PM
Still holds the crown for biggest blunder in Denver sports history. We should have cut him on the spot. You had one job, Rahim!

Buff
02-04-2015, 08:50 PM
Rahim is like the low-level accountant who makes a mistake and costs the company a million dollars. Like, sorry you didn't mean to, but there is just no way we can continue to employ you.

tomjonesrocks
02-04-2015, 08:55 PM
If true, it leaves me conflicted, because I dislike Moores play and really like Websters, but would hate to lose him as our dimeback, since we need a quality guy there and I'm less impressed by the next men up (Carter? Bolden? Wouldn't Bolden at safety and Webster at dime make more sense, given that Bolden started out as a safety, and had a pretty good year in relief himself?) On the other hand, while I think the modern league makes a good dimeback nearly as necessary as a good nickel, they see the field far less, and Webster's already a good player likely to get better, so the more he plays the better we are. Then I look at Mike Adams making 5 Ints this year before starting in the AFCCG and a week later in the Pro Bowl, all of which leaves me thinking, Can someone explain why Moore was better again...? :confused:

Statistically he is and always has been a warm body. That's it.

A warm body that also has the baggage of costing the team a SB (oh I know, like the pass play call in this last SB, it should have never come down to that play and the reason for the loss was everything but that bed-shitting...)

Anyway glad that bad reminder is going to be gone. He won't be missed.

tomjonesrocks
02-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Still holds the crown for biggest blunder in Denver sports history. We should have cut him on the spot. You had one job, Rahim!

I hope this bitch gets to 200 pages.

**** the Dream.

Jsteve01
02-04-2015, 09:35 PM
Still holds the crown for biggest blunder in Denver sports history. We should have cut him on the spot. You had one job, Rahim! right and running hillman up the gut three straight plays or choosing to take a knee at the end didn't contribute to it at all. Rahim took a bad angle. Carter flat blew his coverage. He has gotten better every year in the league. Good dude too.

VonDoom
02-04-2015, 10:08 PM
I kind of assumed we wouldn't re-sign Moore. Not sure about Webster, but that part might be speculation at this point anyway. I figured we would draft a safety in the first three rounds or so, if not try to upgrade in FA.

Lancane
02-04-2015, 10:14 PM
I kind of assumed we wouldn't re-sign Moore. Not sure about Webster, but that part might be speculation at this point anyway. I figured we would draft a safety in the first three rounds or so, if not try to upgrade in FA.

If Spano is right, then Denver will probably use one of their latter picks for depth, but that they really think Webster is the answer - taking a safety in the early part of the draft when you have starters under contract is sort of pointless. Especially when we'll need Tight End, Offensive Line, Linebacker and Defensive Line help.

Dapper Dan
02-04-2015, 10:17 PM
If Spano is right, then Denver will probably use one of their latter picks for depth, but that they really think Webster is the answer - taking a safety in the early part of the draft when you have starters under contract is sort of pointless. Especially when we'll need Tight End, Offensive Line, Linebacker and Defensive Line help.

I'm wondering if Elway will continue to try and fill those holes before the draft.

Lancane
02-04-2015, 10:36 PM
I'm wondering if Elway will continue to try and fill those holes before the draft.

Most times I believe he would, but this year Denver is real close to vest fiscally with not much room to address those needs.

Dapper Dan
02-04-2015, 10:44 PM
Most times I believe he would, but this year Denver is real close to vest fiscally with not much room to address those needs.

Maybe. It will depend a lot on what happens and who's available. Manning gone would open up money. He may also sign an adequate player instead of a Pro Bowler. I'm not sure what will happen. I don't know we have some holes, as you mentioned. In Elway I trust.

Lancane
02-04-2015, 10:51 PM
Maybe. It will depend a lot on what happens and who's available. Manning gone would open up money. He may also sign an adequate player instead of a Pro Bowler. I'm not sure what will happen. I don't know we have some holes, as you mentioned. In Elway I trust.

If Manning retires then Denver will have a pretty nice chunk to play with, especially if they cut Manny Ramirez and Andre Caldwell which is almost a given at this point I believe. Elway has not let us down yet, but as I said - I think this will be his toughest off-season to date.

Dapper Dan
02-04-2015, 10:54 PM
If Manning leaves I think he brings in Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck. Hashtag, like a boss.

Lancane
02-04-2015, 10:59 PM
If Manning leaves I think he brings in Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck. Hashtag, like a boss.

LMAO...I just had soda come out my nose!

If Manning retires and they do not have faith in Osweiler then my money is that they'll target Nick Foles, he has the experience and physical attributes and could still be a franchise quarterback at this level being relatively young.

Davii
02-04-2015, 11:06 PM
I don't think Elway ever forgave him.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-05-2015, 12:49 AM
Macaroni and cheese sounds really good right now.

Simple Jaded
02-05-2015, 12:51 AM
Sam Bradford.

Lancane
02-05-2015, 12:56 AM
Sam Bradford.

**** Sam Bradford, he's ruined. Hell, St. Louis I am hearing are interested in Foles to replace him. Why the hell would we want him?

Simple Jaded
02-05-2015, 01:08 AM
**** Sam Bradford, he's ruined. Hell, St. Louis I am hearing are interested in Foles to replace him. Why the hell would we want him?

Two words, Sam. . .Bradford. Championship.

Lancane
02-05-2015, 01:12 AM
Two words, Sam. . .Bradford. Championship.

That's three words. See what drugs do, the make you hallucinate...lmao.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-05-2015, 01:13 AM
That's 3 words, with 6 syllables to boot.

Simple Jaded
02-05-2015, 01:13 AM
That's three words. See what drugs do, the make you hallucinate...lmao.

That's two words and then another word, the two words first and then the other word. The one word si by itself, leaving just the two words. Savvy?

Simple Jaded
02-05-2015, 01:15 AM
Seriously, to answer your question, talent. Sam Bradford is still a No1 overall talent.

Lancane
02-05-2015, 01:20 AM
Seriously, to answer your question, talent. Sam Bradford is still a No1 overall talent.

At one point, I would have agreed. His ACL has become a major concern - for every step forward he take two back. And as a fan base are we not tired of re-treads? Plummer, Orton and now Manning, we need our own quarterback. Mercenaries can kick ***, but Patriots fight for a cause.

Simple Jaded
02-05-2015, 01:36 AM
At one point, I would have agreed. His ACL has become a major concern - for every step forward he take two back. And as a fan base are we not tired of re-treads? Plummer, Orton and now Manning, we need our own quarterback. Mercenaries can kick ***, but Patriots fight for a cause.

Personally, I'm holding out hope for Plan B until I personally see otherwise, but I have always liked Bradford. La Canfora had a blog or article last year talking about the GMs in the league still just love the kid.

As for retreads, nope, I don't care where they come from.

NightTerror218
02-05-2015, 02:55 AM
If Webster was any good he would have replaced Moore. Moore is hated but he had a good year. Webster is a corner if he moves to safety I see it as strong safety and we have Ward. Wasn't Moore like the second ranked FS in the draft? Just saying since I saw people bring up Webster and high school.

Ziggy
02-05-2015, 03:25 AM
If Webster was any good he would have replaced Moore. Moore is hated but he had a good year. Webster is a corner if he moves to safety I see it as strong safety and we have Ward. Wasn't Moore like the second ranked FS in the draft? Just saying since I saw people bring up Webster and high school.

This is a new coaching staff. The old one didn't think outside the box. This one just might.

Moore was actually the highest rated safety in his draft. Quinton Carter was the second or third. That was a weak draft for safeties. Devin McCourty is a solid free safety in New England. He was an all-pro in 2013. He's also an UFA. He is a corner converted to safety. I think we might see quite a bit more of this in the league with the athletic ability and size of the tight ends and wide receivers these days.

TXBRONC
02-05-2015, 08:29 AM

He can't stay healthy as much as any other problem he has.

MasterShake
02-05-2015, 08:43 AM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/images_zps885ecbd1.jpg

Seriously though. Rahim was OK, but he never lived up to his self proclaimed "The Dream" status. And that damn Baltimore play still makes me punch my dog in my sleep.

Jsteve01
02-05-2015, 09:18 AM

Personally, I'm holding out hope for Plan B until I personally see otherwise, but I have always liked Bradford. La Canfora had a blog or article last year talking about the GMs in the league still just love the kid.

As for retreads, nope, I don't care where they come from.loved Bradford coming out but felt his injury history was too iffy. His history as a pro has dine nothing to change that. He could be amazing here if he could stay healthy but at this point that is a pipe dream

Jsteve01
02-05-2015, 09:20 AM

This is a new coaching staff. The old one didn't think outside the box. This one just might.

Moore was actually the highest rated safety in his draft. Quinton Carter was the second or third. That was a weak draft for safeties. Devin McCourty is a solid free safety in New England. He was an all-pro in 2013. He's also an UFA. He is a corner converted to safety. I think we might see quite a bit more of this in the league with the athletic ability and size of the tight ends and wide receivers these days. I've always loved the idea of converting big corners.

Rick
02-05-2015, 09:28 AM
I don't have any opinion one way or the other on not bringing back Moore and putting Webster back there.

I do find it laughable though that people are still blaming that loss on Moore. Was he the nail in the coffin? Yes, without that play we win.

What about the other 31 points? He allow those as well?

TXBRONC
02-05-2015, 09:31 AM
If they don't bring him back him then so be it but I don't believe he played as poorly as some people think.

shank
02-05-2015, 10:13 AM
I dislike raheem more for his self-imposed nickname than I do for the blunder.

VonDoom
02-05-2015, 11:08 AM
I don't have any opinion one way or the other on not bringing back Moore and putting Webster back there.

I do find it laughable though that people are still blaming that loss on Moore. Was he the nail in the coffin? Yes, without that play we win.

What about the other 31 points? He allow those as well?

As much as that loss (and that play) will stick with me forever, I actually am not down on Rahim for that. He's had two more seasons here and he's been ... okay. I just don't think he's much more than that. Like I said earlier in this thread, I always kind of assumed that he wouldn't be brought back, because he was low on our priority list of in-house FA's. He'll get a decent contract somewhere. So either Webster can fill in admirably, or we draft to replace Moore.

Jsteve01
02-05-2015, 11:10 AM
I dislike raheem more for his self-imposed nickname than I do for the blunder. does anyone have a link confirming that he named himself?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-05-2015, 11:12 AM
does anyone have a link confirming that he named himself?

I don't know where it originated from, but he's the only one I've seen use the name. I've never seen anyone else refer to him as the dream.

TXBRONC
02-05-2015, 11:13 AM

I've heard him call himself Rahim the Dream. Watch the NBC Sunday Night Games when go through the starting line ups.

Jsteve01
02-05-2015, 11:18 AM

I don't know where it originated from, but he's the only one I've seen use the name. I've never seen anyone else refer to him as the dream. I've literally never seen him do it. PFF posted his stats I'm coverage this year and he was way above average for the position.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prime-cuts/slice/rahim-moore-haters-wont-believe-his-coverage-stats

He is an upbeat guy. His coaches and teammates love him. Active in the community and everyone chooses to hang their hats on one really bad play from 3 seasons ago. We can post anything we like numbers wise. He can have two pick games vs the best qbs in the game and all people know is that they hate him because of the Baltimore play

Jsteve01
02-05-2015, 11:31 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Living-His-Dream/117ae0f9-9bbb-40c7-bf54-113b9ddf380a

The story on why he calls himself the dream. It came about due to a convo with Deion Sanders in which he realized how blessed he is to be living his dream. He calls himself that name to remind him of where he and his mother came from.

Sheesh people want to hate the kid. Literally anything he does is wrong.

Buff
02-05-2015, 11:33 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Living-His-Dream/117ae0f9-9bbb-40c7-bf54-113b9ddf380a

The story on why he calls himself the dream. It came about due to a convo with Deion Sanders in which he realized how blessed he is to be living his dream. He calls himself that name to remind him of where he and his mother came from.

You are right - we do want to hate him. It's time for him to move on.

GEM
02-05-2015, 11:36 AM
You are right - we do want to hate him. It's time for him to move on.

Buff is hating everyone right now. :shocked: Angry Buff!

tomjonesrocks
02-05-2015, 11:47 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Living-His-Dream/117ae0f9-9bbb-40c7-bf54-113b9ddf380a The story on why he calls himself the dream. It came about due to a convo with Deion Sanders in which he realized how blessed he is to be living his dream. He calls himself that name to remind him of where he and his mother came from. Sheesh people want to hate the kid. Literally anything he does is wrong.

I'd heard this - so we're the *******! And it's so totally NOT annoying when he does it introducing himself on telecasts -- WE are the ones out of line!

He has no where near enough game to pull that shit off. If Von did once it it might be mildly amusing. For Moore to do that introducing himself while being responsible for the single worst individual play in Broncos history is reprehensible.

Begone, Nightmare...

G_Money
02-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Webster at safety should fit fine. Getting him on the field and playing to his strengths at the same time - that's a good bonus. Not gonna miss Moore much (though I don't hate him, and if he came back cheap there wouldn't be any wailing and gnashing of teeth from my quarter). In a straight up talent-fest, I like Webster better, and was against drafting Moore where we did. I don't want to drop another 2nd rounder to replace him if we don't have to, and Webster should be able to step in and contribute immediately IMO. This safety class isn't stellar so if we can avoid it, great.

Means we'll need another CB though, as others have said. We can't drop from Harris and Talib to Harris and Carter - that's a bad idea. Roby is holding up very well and should only get better, but we need another guy behind him.

BroncoWave
02-05-2015, 12:27 PM
Other than maybe Moreno, I think Rahim might be the most irrationally hated Bronco ever. So ridiculous to still harp on that one play. He is perfectly serviceable as a starter. It's impossible to have elite talent at every position.

Jsteve01
02-05-2015, 12:44 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Living-His-Dream/117ae0f9-9bbb-40c7-bf54-113b9ddf380a The story on why he calls himself the dream. It came about due to a convo with Deion Sanders in which he realized how blessed he is to be living his dream. He calls himself that name to remind him of where he and his mother came from. Sheesh people want to hate the kid. Literally anything he does is wrong.

I'd heard this - so we're the *******! And it's so totally NOT annoying when he does it introducing himself on telecasts -- WE are the ones out of line!

He has no where near enough game to pull that shit off. If Von did once it it might be mildly amusing. For Moore to do that introducing himself while being responsible for the single worst individual play in Broncos history is reprehensible.

Begone, Nightmare... right what an a-hole be cause he references living his dream before every game. This shit has gone beyond ridiculous. There are a few posters on here who could care less what the guy does he's an ahole and six because of a bad play three years ago

Northman
02-05-2015, 12:52 PM
Other than maybe Moreno, I think Rahim might be the most irrationally hated Bronco ever. So ridiculous to still harp on that one play. He is perfectly serviceable as a starter. It's impossible to have elite talent at every position.

I think are maybe only a handful of people on here who truly dislike him. I think he made a huge blunder of a play but i dont resent or hate him for it. We still had our chances to win that game later and didnt get it done. Shit happens.

underrated29
02-05-2015, 12:57 PM
Im with G. I always assumed he was gone but wouldnt throw a hissy fit if he stayed. I was fine with rahim until the seattle game? New England? I dont remember which one but Rahim got beat on that little lob pass- the floater- right down the seem for an easy score. Watching that play happen live I can only assume that I myself could have made that play as it was the only one that had a real chance. He took an impossibly bad angle and after that I started to wake up from his dream.

He is mediocre. No better or worse than mike adams. An average player. Webster should be able to do what he did and imo has the higher ceiling. Plus, webster can drop the bomb on some people. Im excited to see him light a few people up with the play in front of him.

Buff
02-05-2015, 01:50 PM
Someday the Ravens will build a statue in his honor.

VonDoom
02-05-2015, 02:58 PM

I didn't listen to the original Spano clip, but the MRH article that was just released about it quotes Spano this way:

"I'm told that they're looking very aggressively at the NFL draft at safeties," Spano said. "And one player has been approached at possibly making a move into safety and is expected to compete at camp as a safety, and that one player is Kayvon Webster."

The rest: http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/2/5/7983421/report-kayvon-webster-moving-to-safety-if-rahim-moore-out

"Very aggressively" implies an early pick, in my mind. But there's still a long way to go before the draft, so we'll have to see how things shake out.

tomjonesrocks
02-05-2015, 03:03 PM
right what an a-hole be cause he references living his dream before every game. This shit has gone beyond ridiculous. There are a few posters on here who could care less what the guy does he's an ahole and six because of a bad play three years ago

You are so right!

In fact, there was this time when I was a kid -- dude this is deep -- when I was diligently drawing in my room and my Mom said "There's my little Artist".

Now that I'm a junior manager of User Experience for a billion-dollar corporation, I want to respect God for giving me my talent and honor my Moms by making everyone refer to me as "The Artist".

Going forward I'm going to use it for all introductions, emails and all other communication and I expect this to be warmly embraced by all my friends and colleagues.

It's because of my Mom and the big man upstairs. Not douchey at all.

BroncoWave
02-05-2015, 03:21 PM
You are so right!

In fact, there was this time when I was a kid -- dude this is deep -- when I was diligently drawing in my room and my Mom said "There's my little Artist".

Now that I'm a junior manager of User Experience for a billion-dollar corporation, I want to respect God for giving me my talent and honor my Moms by making everyone refer to me as "The Artist".

Going forward I'm going to use it for all introductions, emails and all other communication and I expect this to be warmly embraced by all my friends and colleagues.

It's because of my Mom and the big man upstairs. Not douchey at all.

Why the hell do you care what a guy calls himself?

Lancane
02-05-2015, 03:46 PM
I didn't listen to the original Spano clip, but the MRH article that was just released about it quotes Spano this way:

The rest: http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/2/5/7983421/report-kayvon-webster-moving-to-safety-if-rahim-moore-out

"Very aggressively" implies an early pick, in my mind. But there's still a long way to go before the draft, so we'll have to see how things shake out.

Well I have them taking Holliman in the second round, but I could see Webster getting the nod as well based on his physical ability and aggressiveness. But I also remember when Spano declared that our next head coach was going to be Calhoun, turned out that we hadn't even interviewed him and he was never really a serious candidate.

VonDoom
02-05-2015, 04:32 PM
Well I have them taking Holliman in the second round, but I could see Webster getting the nod as well based on his physical ability and aggressiveness. But I also remember when Spano declared that our next head coach was going to be Calhoun, turned out that we hadn't even interviewed him and he was never really a serious candidate.

Right, I mean, this is all speculative until something actually happens, and since Spano is the only one reporting it, I'm not sure how true it is.

That being said, I was thinking of Holliman in the 2nd as well. I would not mind that at all.

Timmy!
02-05-2015, 04:35 PM
Praise jeebus

Jsteve01
02-05-2015, 04:58 PM
right what an a-hole be cause he references living his dream before every game. This shit has gone beyond ridiculous. There are a few posters on here who could care less what the guy does he's an ahole and six because of a bad play three years ago

You are so right!

It's because of my Mom and the big man upstairs. Not douchey at all. hmm your explanation of your vitriol and irrational hatred for the guy sounds much more douchey than his reasoning for choosing his nickname imho

TXBRONC
02-06-2015, 08:16 AM
Someday the Ravens will build a statue in his honor.

Someday I'm going to put a port-a-potty in my backyard with a plaque on in it in your honor. It will also have ass gaskets with you imagine on them. :wave: :D

Buff
02-06-2015, 09:48 AM
Someday I'm going to put a port-a-potty in my backyard with a plaque on in it in your honor. It will also have ass gaskets with you imagine on them. :wave: :D

TX, if you want me to come visit all you have to do is ask.

slim
02-06-2015, 09:49 AM
Was he the nail in the coffin? Yes, without that play we win.

Right.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-06-2015, 10:03 AM

:laugh:

Dude, I've never said anything bad about the kid. I actually like him. I'm just telling you I had no idea where the nick name came from and I have never heard anyone refer to him as the Dream other than himself.

TXBRONC
02-06-2015, 10:38 AM
TX, if you want me to come visit all you have to do is ask.

When I get the port-a-potty in place I'll be sure to invite you down.

Jsteve01
02-06-2015, 10:55 AM

:laugh:

Dude, I've never said anything bad about the kid. I actually like him. I'm just telling you I had no idea where the nick name came from and I have never heard anyone refer to him as the Dream other than himself. not directed at you Al. I typically agree with you. Not sure why I felt the need to crusade for Rahim yesterday. I just feel he's an above average player who has gotten better every year with the team and has been destroyed by some of the fan base for one bad play amongst a multitude by the rest of the team and coaching staff.

TXBRONC
02-06-2015, 11:03 AM
not directed at you Al. I typically agree with you. Not sure why I felt the need to crusade for Rahim yesterday. I just feel he's an above average player who has gotten better every year with the team and has been destroyed by some of the fan base for one bad play amongst a multitude by the rest of the team and coaching staff.

This is how I see it. It also seems to get set aside that Bailey got burnt to a crisp twice in that game.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-06-2015, 11:50 AM
not directed at you Al. I typically agree with you. Not sure why I felt the need to crusade for Rahim yesterday. I just feel he's an above average player who has gotten better every year with the team and has been destroyed by some of the fan base for one bad play amongst a multitude by the rest of the team and coaching staff.

Agreed

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-06-2015, 11:51 AM
This is how I see it. It also seems to get set aside that Bailey got burnt to a crisp twice in that game.

Or that on that play Del Rio only rushed 3 DE's.

Traveler
02-06-2015, 12:37 PM
http://bsndenver.com/rahim-moore-likely-out-replacement-might-already-be-on-roster/

Spano claims they like Webster at safety? Well I'll sign off on this. Webster is extremely physical at the corner and ran in the high 4.3's at his pro day. He impressed two years ago and his cover and ball skills translate nicely.

Late to this thread... Apologies if this has already been discussed.

Just wondering, has Spano been correct about anything Broncos related?

As to Rahim, he should to be a low priority FA signing at best. While he has generally played okay, I just don't see him returning. To his credit, he was decent in the run game, but seemed to be slow to diagnose plays in the passing game. From the game tapes, there was several times WR's got past him, which should never happen with him playing single high safety the majority of the time.

We need a playmaker at FS, and neither Moore or Webster appear to fit that role. Maybe it was the scheme used by Fox/JDR or just the lack of talent. If Webster is the heir apparent at FS, here's hoping Phiilips and company can better tailor the scheme to fit him.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-06-2015, 12:40 PM

As to Rahim, he should to be a low priority FA signing at best. While he has generally played okay, I just don't see him returning. To his credit, he was decent in the run game, but seemed to be slow to diagnose plays in the passing game. From the game tapes, there was several times WR's got past him, which should never happen with him playing single high safety the majority of the time.

We need a playmaker at FS, and neither Moore or Webster appear to fit that role. Maybe it was the scheme used by Fox/JDR or just the lack of talent. If Webster is the heir apparent at FS, here's hoping Phiilips and company can better tailor the scheme to fit him.

I can see the upside of putting Webster there. He's a physical player with excellent speed. He ran a 4.3 at the combine. He's much faster than Moore. How well he actually plays could be another story entirely.

I agree about Spanos, I was wondering why there was any credibility to him breaking this story when no one locally seems to be discussing it.

Jsteve01
02-06-2015, 12:50 PM

I can see the upside of putting Webster there. He's a physical player with excellent speed. He ran a 4.3 at the combine. He's much faster than Moore. How well he actually plays could be another story entirely.

I agree about Spanos, I was wondering why there was any credibility to him breaking this story when no one locally seems to be discussing it. haha very true. Brandon is a cool guy but hasn't been super accurate

slim
02-06-2015, 12:58 PM
You guys are hopeless.

TXBRONC
02-06-2015, 01:08 PM
You guys are hopeless.

Slim I look to you for strength.

slim
02-06-2015, 01:15 PM
Slim I look to you for strength.

I am your rock.

underrated29
02-06-2015, 02:02 PM
Spano was the first to call manning to the broncos.....other than that I do not know.

Jsteve01
02-06-2015, 03:19 PM
You guys are hopeless. hopelessly in love with a dream

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-06-2015, 03:36 PM
You guys are hopeless.

I sing opera when I make love to my wife.

slim
02-06-2015, 03:40 PM
I sing opera when I make love to my wife.

She must hate you

Rick
02-06-2015, 04:30 PM
I thought Opera songs were generally pretty long?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-06-2015, 04:36 PM

Yes, very long

Cugel
02-06-2015, 05:19 PM
If true, it leaves me conflicted, because I dislike Moores play and really like Websters, but would hate to lose him as our dimeback, since we need a quality guy there and I'm less impressed by the next men up (Carter? Bolden? Wouldn't Bolden at safety and Webster at dime make more sense, given that Bolden started out as a safety, and had a pretty good year in relief himself?) On the other hand, while I think the modern league makes a good dimeback nearly as necessary as a good nickel, they see the field far less, and Webster's already a good player likely to get better, so the more he plays the better we are.

Then I look at Mike Adams making 5 Ints this year before starting in the AFCCG and a week later in the Pro Bowl, all of which leaves me thinking, Can someone explain why Moore was better again...? :confused:

#1 - He's a lot younger.

#2 - Elway drafted him. Elway did not draft Mike Adams.

Cugel
02-06-2015, 05:22 PM
I don't think the Broncos are still mad at Rahim for screwing up that playoff. After all Tony Carter was the real villain on that play.

But, while he showed flashes in 2014, he never developed into the kind of player they hoped for - a real ball hawking safety.

With salary the cap very tight there probably just isn't room to re-sign him.

weazel
02-06-2015, 05:22 PM
I dont get the hate...

Cugel
02-06-2015, 05:23 PM

There are some 3 minute arias. Probably one of those. :laugh:

Buff
02-06-2015, 05:26 PM
I dont get the hate...

In a nutshell - objectively I realize he is an average to slightly above average NFL safety... Better than any of the safeties we had in the Shanny era.

But given his injury history, his mediocre production, and the fact that he made an unforgivable mental error on the biggest stage imaginable, makes it much easier to dismiss him. He's totally replaceable, and we'll probably get a compensatory pick if he walks...

Piling on about the Baltimore play is more for my own therapy than any objective analysis. It's probably a bit much, but it makes me feel better, so I will continue to pile on until the end of time.