PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Browner a remember-when Broncos cornerback

Denver Native (Carol)
02-03-2015, 08:16 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Sunday's Super Bowl was a long and winding road away from 2005 for New England Patriots cornerback Brandon Browner.

And after watching Browner do the absolute best thing he could have done on the make-it-or-break-it play of Super Bowl XLIX so Malcolm Butler could then do the absolute best thing he could do and intercept Russell Wilson's pass with seconds remaining, it was a reminder sometimes patience is required in an impatient world.

For one summer Browner was a Denver Broncos' project, an undrafted rookie with promise on a team that has made a habit of finding undrafted rookies with promise. Wide receiver Rod Smith will always be the Broncos' Holy Grail of undrafted rookies -- 849 career receptions, 11,389 career receiving yards, two Super Bowl wins -- but in recent years players such as tackle Tyler Polumbus, linebacker Wesley Woodyard, cornerback Chris Harris Jr. and running back C.J. Anderson have joined a growing list.

"I've come a long way," Browner said this past week at the Super Bowl. "A long way."

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/11814/brandon-browner-a-remember-when-broncos-cornerback

Simple Jaded
02-03-2015, 10:16 PM
Brandon Browner played S for Denver, and he tore it up in training camp.

Joel
02-03-2015, 11:40 PM
Not well enough to make the team, nor any other in the NFL; that, and their refusal to test for PEDs, is why he wound up in Canada and immediately won all kinds of honors. Then they started PED testing in 2010 so he took that fame home to earn an NFL spot—and tested positive three years running. Third strike's supposed to be a one year suspension that would've last until about two months ago, but he somehow begged out of it, so he got a SB Ring with Seattle AND NE when he wasn't supposed to be playing for anyone. Plus he's a thug who mugs guys because he can't cover them. A guy I'd like to forget....

Jsteve01
02-03-2015, 11:44 PM
null. I thought cutting Browner was just another in a laundry list of personnel blunders and that bore itself out. Never convince me he wasn't better than the scrubs we kept trotting out at safety back then.

Simple Jaded
02-03-2015, 11:55 PM
Two of the TCs I went to he had at least one Int from S position. I don't even remember Denver's S's at the time, Marquand Manual, Kenoy Kennedy, w/e, same difference.

Joel
02-04-2015, 12:00 AM
He couldn't make ANY NFL roster, so what does that say? He got "better" with a lot of Vitamin X: He's literally NEVER been able to make an NFL roster without it. If we're OK with that, let's re-sign DJ; I liked him better and he did more. Just because the other scrubs we kept sucked doesn't prove THAT scrub even better. Remember: Bad as all the rest were, they beat HIM for the final roster spot.

Jsteve01
02-04-2015, 12:09 AM
He couldn't make ANY NFL roster, so what does that say? He got "better" with a lot of Vitamin X: He's literally NEVER been able to make an NFL roster without it. If we're OK with that, let's re-sign DJ; I liked him better and he did more. Just because the other scrubs we kept sucked doesn't prove THAT scrub even better. Remember: Bad as all the rest were, they beat HIM for the final roster spot. no he broke his arm and they cut him

DenBronx
02-04-2015, 02:46 AM
When we first cut Browner I was like who????

Then when he was a FA this offseason I was like get that shit homie!

No one listened to me. :(

Joel
02-04-2015, 03:13 AM
no he broke his arm and they cut him
According to Wikipedia they actually kept him on the roster all through 2005, then waived him in July '06. So technically we're both wrong: Technically, he made the roster, but only because he went on IR before the final cut down, and technically they didn't cut him that year, but waived him the following year during training camp. And NO ONE else wanted him either, so he went to the CFL, made their All Pro team in '08 and '09, then they started PED testing in 2010, so he came back to the US in 2011 and his CFL All Pro seasons got him a job up in Seattle with BALCO North and immediately popped for PEDs.

Guy wasn't good enough for the NFL till he started juicing when he couldn't get caught, and shouldn't be playing for ANYONE after he tested positive three years straight (until the NFL let him off for no apparent reason, the consensus was his career was OVER) plus he pretty much leads the league in PI and illegal contact penalties. Yeah, we really missed out there.... :rolleyes: