PDA

View Full Version : Why I want Peyton to come back

roomemp
01-31-2015, 11:08 PM
Guy really is a class act. Maybe this season didn't end as we all wanted but I am sure Peyton did his part to lay everything on the line.

My dream is for Peyton to come back for one more season and for the team to rally around him. I want the team to carry him to a Super Bowl victory instead of the other way around.

After the Indy loss.... I wanted Peyton out of Denver, but I will be honest, I am not ready for the Osweiler era just yet. I think we have all the makings for a top D next season and a dominate running games (Thanks to Kubes and the Z-blocking scheme) Lets give it one more go with Peyton!!!!!

P.S.- One of the biggest travesties of 2014???? TD :salute: being shut out of the Hall of Fame again.

Lancane
02-01-2015, 12:06 AM
Guy really is a class act. Maybe this season didn't end as we all wanted but I am sure Peyton did his part to lay everything on the line.

My dream is for Peyton to come back for one more season and for the team to rally around him. I want the team to carry him to a Super Bowl victory instead of the other way around.

After the Indy loss.... I wanted Peyton out of Denver, but I will be honest, I am not ready for the Osweiler era just yet. I think we have all the makings for a top D next season and a dominate running games (Thanks to Kubes and the Z-blocking scheme) Lets give it one more go with Peyton!!!!!

P.S.- One of the biggest travesties of 2014???? TD :salute: being shut out of the Hall of Fame again.

I only want him to return if he's 100% sure, which it sounds like he's not and what has been said seems to mean that he seriously thinks he could be a hindrence for the team. If he comes back because that is what people want and he's unsure or still questioning himself it will effect his play and likewise the team.

Joel
02-01-2015, 12:44 AM
I frankly wish we hadn't made the last SB; not only was it an embarrassment, but if Fox had gone one-and-done last year like both his OTHER years with Manning—after the season Manning had—Fox would've been out, Kubes and Denny would've been in, Wade probably would've come with them. Our line wouldn't have been Swiss cheese this year, because they'd have swung the bat on all the top linemen in the draft and FA. Maybe we wouldn't be wreaking a terrible vengeance on Seattle tomorrow, but we'd be firing on all cylinders coming into 2015 and the players wouldn't be adjusting to the new system.

It is what it is; hopefully Manning comes back and everyone's settled in on the same page by the time the playoffs start. But I can't think of any coaches that won a SB their first year with a new team (Gruden still doesn't count: Using a HoF D to shred a playbook he WROTE proves nothing.) I just hope I'm not left wondering what might've been like I was after Manning came to Denver instead of Houstons otherwise stacked team, so I got to watch my second favorite teams ONE weak link get Kubes fired while my favorite team rushed to build a championship roster around Manning and an awful coach.

Simple Jaded
02-01-2015, 12:59 AM
Manning at 80% > Osweiler at 100%. I don't care if we get the Manning in the playoff loss, he's a better QB.

Lancane
02-01-2015, 02:00 AM
Manning at 80% > Osweiler at 100%. I don't care if we get the Manning in the playoff loss, he's a better QB.

I think it would matter to the team if he was not 100% there, including the Front Office. Look what lack of leadership did in that playoff game, you want that all year from the man who is suppose to lead this team? I get what your getting at, but I also feel that Manning would hate himself for anything less then giving his all and being indecisive.

MOtorboat
02-01-2015, 05:28 AM
I want Peyton back because he's a Hall of Fame quarterback.

Period.

pulse
02-01-2015, 07:17 AM
This is pretty simple for me. I'm a Peyton Manning homer. Oh, and I'd like Denver to be relevant this year.

Valar Morghulis
02-01-2015, 07:46 AM
I want him to come back because in 3 years he has had about 6 poor games.

That means he has had over 40 good games, and some of those were amazing - maybe even as much as 50%

If he comes back, it will be because he feels able to contribute to a championship winning season. I would like to see that.

tomjonesrocks
02-01-2015, 09:21 AM
I still don't know why there wasn't more desire on the team's part to want to carry Manning to a championship.

It seemed more like, welp, Manning's hurt -- we quit. Everyone knew last year or maybe this year (if we are lucky) was the last shot to get it done for him.

BroncoWave
02-01-2015, 10:19 AM
I still don't know why there wasn't more desire on the team's part to want to carry Manning to a championship.

It seemed more like, welp, Manning's hurt -- we quit. Everyone knew last year or maybe this year (if we are lucky) was the last shot to get it done for him.

This is the one downside of having such a great QB. I think the rest of the team just gets used to him carrying the team to wins, and when he is not able to do that anymore, they don't quite know how to respond. Now quitting was absolutely the wrong response, but hopefully we now have a staff in place that won't let that happen again.

Northman
02-01-2015, 11:58 AM

Yep.